Hillsong..... (1 Viewer)

r.uss

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Pretty much all Hillsong...no..modern Christian music is in the same key. Enough to drive me up the wall...
Please, I'd love for you to create a song in the Spanish mode on B, or even a twelve tone hymn.

EDIT: P.S. How did everyone find the Hillsong question in the exam? I totally dominated. 777/777 for that question.

Last edited:
HSC
THANKYOU Buttigieg vbmenu_register("postmenu_3877745", true); and that other girl...

i go to hills, but i go to school in bankstown, nd i get bagged out bout church i dont get how people can twist things to make it seem so out of place.

like "giving" and music and church being a scam....

ok yeah people have their opinions and they may not like what christians are about. but to be honest its the so called "christians" who drink, scam people out of their money, take drugs, party nd stuff that really give us the bad repuation.

we are not a cult.

our music doesnt have subliminal messages.

our pastors dont force you to give your life to god, its a friggen choice people!!

christians choose to live the life that god has set out for us. the bible isnt just a stupid book of stories. its real, to us. because we have faith.

we trust what is out there for us in life and we dont judge as harshly.

so please give us a break.

seriously what was your personal expirence that made you hate god and christians?

if its just what you heard then mabey you should stop letting the world and people influence what yuo think.

HSC
Church in livo?

or hills?

you should come to darling harbour we're celebrating our 25anni...

its gonna be fun!!!

its near the ferries at circular quay...

:)

inter108

HSC
alexalexalex-o said:
Church in livo?

or hills?

you should come to darling harbour we're celebrating our 25anni...

its gonna be fun!!!

its near the ferries at circular quay...

:)
WHATT like i'll be able to go there for church xD.

i'll be there this friday though COCKLE BAY xD

Church in Livo near hoxton

aussie-boy

HSC
there are 2 things wrong with hillsong:

1. the hill$ong thing... the fact that you dont get to decide whether the money you give to the church goes to the upkeep of the church and pastors or to helping the poor (as opposed to 1st/2nd collections in a Catholic mass)

2. the fact that it is all about the individual. God will save you! dedicate your life to God! its all complete bullshit. If you were real christians you would realise that religion is not a selfish pursuit, and that your number one priority should be disregarding all your personal issues and shit and helping other people as much as possible (volunteering, teaching, giving money) - i.e. "for it is in giving that we receive" not 'for it is praising God and dancing to music and stopping drinking/abstinence etc that we receive'

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
alexalexalex-o said:
THANKYOU Buttigieg vbmenu_register("postmenu_3877745", true); and that other girl...

i go to hills, but i go to school in bankstown, nd i get bagged out bout church i dont get how people can twist things to make it seem so out of place.

like "giving" and music and church being a scam....

ok yeah people have their opinions and they may not like what christians are about. but to be honest its the so called "christians" who drink, scam people out of their money, take drugs, party nd stuff that really give us the bad repuation.

we are not a cult.

our music doesnt have subliminal messages.

our pastors dont force you to give your life to god, its a friggen choice people!!

christians choose to live the life that god has set out for us. the bible isnt just a stupid book of stories. its real, to us. because we have faith.

we trust what is out there for us in life and we dont judge as harshly.

so please give us a break.

seriously what was your personal expirence that made you hate god and christians?

if its just what you heard then mabey you should stop letting the world and people influence what yuo think.
lol, yaye!

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
aussie-boy said:
there are 2 things wrong with hillsong:

1. the hill$ong thing... the fact that you dont get to decide whether the money you give to the church goes to the upkeep of the church and pastors or to helping the poor (as opposed to 1st/2nd collections in a Catholic mass)

2. the fact that it is all about the individual. God will save you! dedicate your life to God! its all complete bullshit. If you were real christians you would realise that religion is not a selfish pursuit, and that your number one priority should be disregarding all your personal issues and shit and helping other people as much as possible (volunteering, teaching, giving money) - i.e. "for it is in giving that we receive" not 'for it is praising God and dancing to music and stopping drinking/abstinence etc that we receive'
ok, 1, im pretty sure u can to an extent decide where the money goes. you can let it go to building up the future of the church ("Kingdom Builders"), general up-keep of the church (including staff pay), church planting...etc...

mabey alexalexalex-o can help me with this one...but there are envelops which you can use to put the money in, and i'm i think there might be boxes or something on that...lol.

oh, and btw, this does not only happen in hillsong, like i said before, just because its a big church, thats why it seems where the only ones doing it...

2, if you listen to the messages, they are not all about "saving yourself" as you would put it. i dont know where your comming from when you say "disregarding all your personal issues and shit and helping other people as much as possible (volunteering, teaching, giving money) - i.e. "for it is in giving that we receive" not 'for it is praising God and dancing to music and stopping drinking/abstinence etc that we receive'"....like, when ever did they say that?? i think you may ust be a bit mis-informed....mabey you should come one night, and sit down, and just listen for a bit, then see how you like it...

HSC
ok, 1, im pretty sure u can to an extent decide where the money goes. you can let it go to building up the future of the church ("Kingdom Builders"), general up-keep of the church (including staff pay), church planting...etc...

[quote mabey alexalexalex-o can help me with this one...but there are envelops which you can use to put the money in, and i'm i think there might be boxes or something on that...lol.

oh, and btw, this does not only happen in hillsong, like i said before, just because its a big church, thats why it seems where the only ones doing it...

2, if you listen to the messages, they are not all about "saving yourself" as you would put it. i dont know where your comming from when you say "disregarding all your personal issues and shit and helping other people as much as possible (volunteering, teaching, giving money) - i.e. "for it is in giving that we receive" not 'for it is praising God and dancing to music and stopping drinking/abstinence etc that we receive'"....like, when ever did they say that?? i think you may ust be a bit mis-informed....mabey you should come one night, and sit down, and just listen for a bit, then see how you like it... quote ]__________________

OK.
FIRST AND FOREMOST. IT IS A CHOICE TO GIVE TO THE CHURCH. A CHOICE.

AND YESHH WE CAN DECIDE WHERE IT CAN GO.

LETS SEE, MERCY MINISTRIES, TO HELP WOMEN.

GIVING TO PLANT CHURCHES, HELP THE HOMELESS, HELP COLLEGE STUDENTS COME HERE TO LEARN ABOUT GOD, AFRICA WHERE OUR DEAREST PHILL DOOLEY AND LUCINDA HAVE GONE TO HELP THE WAR AND GENICIDE THATS HAPPENING THERE RIGHT NOW. AND THE STORIES ARE UNBELIEVEABLE...

IF YOU HEARD WHAT LAURA HUSTON SAID LAST WEEK AT OUR YOUTH YOU WOULD CRY...

I DID

IT GOES TO SUMMERCAMP, A THING WE HOLD EVERY YEAR, A THING THAT IS AMAZING.

ENCOUNTERFEST, ANOTHER AMAZING EVENT, CONFERENCE.

ALL THAT NEEDS MONEY, IT IS EXPENSIVE, BUT SOO WORTH IT.

AND PEOPLE PAY FOR IT BECAUSE WE KNOW THE GOOD THAT ACUTALLY COMES OUT OF IT, SO MUCH BETTER THAT DRINKING AND HAVING SEX, FALLING PREGNANT AND DYING FROM LIVER CANCER.

AND I AGREE, COME ONE TIME AND SEE IT FOR OUR SELF, I THINK YOU'LL BE TRUELY BLESSED.

"LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR" IM GOING TO BE A GOOD PERSON AND NOT GET UPSET IM GOING TO LET IT GO. AND LOVE THOES WHO HATE CHRISTIANS.

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
gw0ng said:
What goes on at Hillsong 'Church' is sadistic and should be illegal.

People crying?
Fuck off.

People touching others with a warm smile attached to their paedophilic faces? Fuck off.

People with arms outstretched to the sky in praise of the 'Lord'?
Fuck off.

Hillsong anyone?
Fuck off.

HERE HERE

go evolution!

HSC
SH33P said:
HERE HERE

go evolution!
I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!! XD

look..... hillsong= SCARY CRAP.
I HAVE BEEN THERE

they dragged me in.
there were many scary maoris (i'm not racist... but having gangs of huge, extremist-like maoris pressing against me was REALLY SCARY) looking euphoric at the crappy music, vowing to "idolise jesus" (the EXACT WORDS) and kiss his feet... and they did the heil hitler thing, though without the words!!

they went to my little siblings for details, NOT my parents...!

THEN they shoved me on stage, gave me a mic, and told me to share my experiences with god.
they insisted i speak.
THEN i told them i was an atheist...
on stage, y'all...
they got me off SOOOOOOO QUICKLY!!

aussie-boy

HSC
alexalexalex-o said:
OK.
FIRST AND FOREMOST. IT IS A CHOICE TO GIVE TO THE CHURCH. A CHOICE.

AND YESHH WE CAN DECIDE WHERE IT CAN GO.

LETS SEE, MERCY MINISTRIES, TO HELP WOMEN.

GIVING TO PLANT CHURCHES, HELP THE HOMELESS, HELP COLLEGE STUDENTS COME HERE TO LEARN ABOUT GOD, AFRICA WHERE OUR DEAREST PHILL DOOLEY AND LUCINDA HAVE GONE TO HELP THE WAR AND GENICIDE THATS HAPPENING THERE RIGHT NOW. AND THE STORIES ARE UNBELIEVEABLE...

IF YOU HEARD WHAT LAURA HUSTON SAID LAST WEEK AT OUR YOUTH YOU WOULD CRY...

I DID

IT GOES TO SUMMERCAMP, A THING WE HOLD EVERY YEAR, A THING THAT IS AMAZING.

ENCOUNTERFEST, ANOTHER AMAZING EVENT, CONFERENCE.

ALL THAT NEEDS MONEY, IT IS EXPENSIVE, BUT SOO WORTH IT.

AND PEOPLE PAY FOR IT BECAUSE WE KNOW THE GOOD THAT ACUTALLY COMES OUT OF IT, SO MUCH BETTER THAT DRINKING AND HAVING SEX, FALLING PREGNANT AND DYING FROM LIVER CANCER.

AND I AGREE, COME ONE TIME AND SEE IT FOR OUR SELF, I THINK YOU'LL BE TRUELY BLESSED.

"LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR" IM GOING TO BE A GOOD PERSON AND NOT GET UPSET IM GOING TO LET IT GO. AND LOVE THOES WHO HATE CHRISTIANS.
money given to pay for camps/scholarships to indoctrinate youth doesn't count
money given to indoctrinate women suffering from various problems doesn't help
money given to stop normal teenage kids from drinking/having sex ("salvation" apparently) doesnt count
basically money given to any cause through which people can so much as utter the word "God" doesn't count

I'm talking about giving to sick and poor people, regardless of their religious beliefs and not telling the recipients about "God"

Think mother Theresa... do you think she told the sick kids in the schools that she set up that God was important? unlikely... she kept her private beliefs to herself

or think about St Vincent's hospital and the nuns working there... do you think they try and convince the patients to become catholics?

HSC
aussie-boy said:
money given to pay for camps/scholarships to indoctrinate youth doesn't count
money given to indoctrinate women suffering from various problems doesn't help
money given to stop normal teenage kids from drinking/having sex ("salvation" apparently) doesnt count
basically money given to any cause through which people can so much as utter the word "God" doesn't count

I'm talking about giving to sick and poor people, regardless of their religious beliefs and not telling the recipients about "God"

Think mother Theresa... do you think she told the sick kids in the schools that she set up that God was important? unlikely... she kept her private beliefs to herself

or think about St Vincent's hospital and the nuns working there... do you think they try and convince the patients to become catholics?

heyy look it does go to people like that everyday.

every week at church they put up a genoristy film thing where someone tell their story and how we've helped them.

you dont see the other side of it.

but look hey it's your opinion.

ill respect that.

and we tell people about "god" coz we care about them and we know what grea t things can come out of believing.

im sorry if anything bad has happened in the past to you. i cant change it no one can but you can look frorward in life and leave the bad behind you.

tc

Habibi07

HSC
arguing about hillsong is pointless. people are never going to agree on it because as long as rumors and exaggerated stories exist, people will continue to believe them rather than trusting their own experiences and seeing for themselves what the fuss is all about.
i'm a Christian and i really respect hillsong, however i know of a lot of people, christian or not, who see a lot of wrong that goes on in the church. the reason for this is that they are a HUGE church so all of the problems that occur in any church, any sort of religious organisation are magnified because of how big they are.

and most people get their opinions from the media about what goes on at hillsong. little known fact *insert sarcastic tone here* journalists lie and rarely tell an entire story.

and to people like Apey MatrixElf who have experienced it and hated it sounds like you had a really horrible experience and it sucks that you only got to see the flawed hillsong. but like i said, the bigger the organisation, the larger the flaws seem. again i don't attend the church so i can't explain their actions (which seem a little out there in your case lol)
oh and as for the hile hitler thing, it's not that at all. it's a sign of surrender...a sign to promise only to idolise Jesus...and yeh you might think we're crazy for wanting to surrender to Someone we can't even see...but i guess that's part of the beauty of it. I'll never completely understand what i believe, or even why i believe what i do, i simply know that what i believe is true. and you're entitled to think i'm crazy. i actually kinda agree =)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)