Highest UAI '09 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
how does one define smartness?
i know a lot of purely 'smart' people (ie very fast at picking up concepts and very insightful) who are quite lazy and didn't do so well
well, I cannot define smartness but you know it though.

You know how smart they are even though you cannot define it. For me, those 3 touched me most in terms of academic potential/capacity and etc.

People like kamal and jetblack have already demonstrated through their accelerated marks that they are both very talented, hard working and also "lucky".

Kamal is basically ranked top in most of his subjects at a selective high school (girraween) and we are clearly aware how consistent most selectives are in terms of results. Besides, as in jetblack, I know him in real life. He is clearly top in his school and one of the top in cosmology (at least I would expect him to be). From that I made some guesses but very well educated guesses though.

lolokay...i don't really know much about him. I should neither guess nor vouch for what I have said earlier.But it is so clear in every way that he is the best in maths here as 09er. He has answered the most difficult questions that even the top 08er, 07er, even 06er and so on couldn't really get. His solutions are of the top quality. I have read many of his solutions and they are seriously top quality - very unique and straightforward in most cases.

Besides, he is a physics olympiad which suggests his superior scientific intelligence. Looking over some of his posts on chem simply reaffirm my belief. I am 100% sure that many Bosers here would vouch for his superior mathematical knowledge. If I got high band E4 in 3 unit last year, it wouldn't be an exaggeration if I say now that he can top the state for 3 unit (And may be 4 unit depending on his luck and bodily condition) ...because he is just way better than me in maths.

Of course, I am aware that level of smartness =/= UAI. But they have many connections...

I am not usually the person who goes about how smart others are and everything...but those 3 are true exceptions and what I am alll saying here is all coming from my heart.

Last edited:

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I'd laugh if two 09ers tie in getting the highest UAI.

Back on topic.....the OP will probably get the highest.

jess.ford

HSC
At this rate I'll just b happy to finish, I'm coming first in alot of my classes but I have trouble getting a mark of 65% in a Exam

bored of sc

HSC
This thread is depressing. But good luck to those who dare aim as high as you guys do.
Have to agree with you there.

Highest UAI 2009 on BOS will go to someone who barely ever posts and is ACTUALLY studying to ensure they get the highest UAI.

There's also a real possibility that the usual suspects as you've all already pointed out wil take out top honours.

Then again, it is only April.

Last edited:

lynton

HSC
haha i agree.

its not about how smart you are its about the work you put in to achieve the highest UAI. So theres probably freaks of nature out there studying like mad. i no a few contenders from my school. im just gonna have to stop procastinating and actually do some work. y does it have to be so haarrdd

Kamal15

HSC
Kamal is basically ranked top in most of his subjects at a selective high school (girraween) and we are clearly aware how consistent most selectives are in terms of results.

Mate namu as much as id like to believe u....lol i dont think so
u got my vote and take me off ur list
jetblack and lolokay ftw as well
and ima gona include clintmyster

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Kamal is basically ranked top in most of his subjects at a selective high school (girraween) and we are clearly aware how consistent most selectives are in terms of results.

Mate namu as much as id like to believe u....lol i dont think so
u got my vote and take me off ur list
jetblack and lolokay ftw as well
and ima gona include clintmyster
stop giving me credit! I spent two whole days lounging about recovering from the night of IPL!

Kamal15

HSC
stop giving me credit! I spent two whole days lounging about recovering from the night of IPL!
LOL LOL

sure uve dun plenty of work anyway mate
my biggest test is my P's on friday
fingerss crossed
lets do it
and u still got my vote clint

M@ster P

HSC
lol i'm not gonna get too high a UAI. i only get really good marks in maths, fairly good in phys/chem but not great, and average in english. i'm expecting/hoping for ~95

lol everyone's hopes and expectations have died

Anus McLovin

HSC
I bet you anything, it'll be someone unexpected (maybe a good shot, but definitely not your no. 1.)

Namu won't get it because he will find he will choke in his HSC (By that i mean, still above 99, but not the >99.8)

Aerath won't get above 99.5. He's not even top of his school, let alone BOS.

The eventual top will get 99.8. Dunno who it is atm, probably someone who doesn't brag about how big a nerd they are
(i.e. those arsewipes who say they're not happy with 95% on an exam, when they know they are, or say they haven't been doing any work, when they know they've been studying all through Saturday till the wee hours of Sunday morn)

Yes, I do have a hate for cocky nerds (esp. those in Selective Schools). If this were the USA, the Jocks would have rightfully beaten you up by now.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
The eventual top will get 99.8. Dunno who it is atm, probably someone who doesn't brag about how big a nerd they are
i reckon there are definitely ppl on BOS who are capable of doing even better than that.

oly1991

HSC
I bet you anything, it'll be someone unexpected (maybe a good shot, but definitely not your no. 1.)

Namu won't get it because he will find he will choke in his HSC (By that i mean, still above 99, but not the >99.8)

Aerath won't get above 99.5. He's not even top of his school, let alone BOS.

(i.e. those arsewipes who say they're not happy with 95% on an exam, when they know they are, or say they haven't been doing any work, when they know they've been studying all through Saturday till the wee hours of Sunday morn)

Yes, I do have a hate for cocky nerds (esp. those in Selective Schools). If this were the USA, the Jocks would have rightfully beaten you up by now.
yeh the highest on BOS will definitely get above 99.95 if not 100!
what makes you say that someone like Namu will choke in the hsc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)