hey everyone... UAISEEKER (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyMoon

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
I've seen you post ridiculous nonsense in other threads; for example, preaching the impossibility of achieving band 6 in Standard English.
Prove me wrong
for the last 2 years in the hsc out of all the people in the WHOLE of Standard english, NOT one manages to get a Band 6.
if you havent read the statisitcs it reads ZERO. and only 1% get over 80.

those facts with who has the UAIseeker, i HAVE no way of knowing the transaction between them and your VISA account.

NOT one of those posters actually give an "OFFICAL" Uai calculation.
Its all "85 maybe"
i say 75

etc.
Really you cant see why i can call Huy arrogant?
"WE are trying to give you as accurate a prediction as we can, stop trying to push any further.... "

WE, they great are trying to give "you" an UAI calculation.

sooner or later youd come to realise that the measure of arrogance is determined on the way you intepret one's dialogue. And there is a VERY fine line between confidence and arrogance. if a guy says "I will beat you!" you cant say he is just confident he is arrogant as well. for he claims that he is superior.

Besides i am not flaming anyone. They way Huy has handled this post, (i commend him on his past effort and help he has aided to which as you pointed out, i am not a witness of) does show signs of arrogance and irritation.
And from above i seriously doubt that Huy, calculated the UAI by hand and posted it.
"Fact: Huy does not have a UAI calculator."

Well it seems it was my mistake to stick up for the thread starter, ill leave to to you the "altruistic few".

And oh you are right, your post does reek of arrogance.
Maybe you can get off your high horse and help out this destination

is a roflcopter
HSC
shit sydney girls has 82 in german?
jebus SIEG HEIL :D

Originally posted by LadyMoon
"WE are trying to give you as accurate a prediction as we can, stop trying to push any further.... "

Originally posted by Huy
If I had UAIseeker, I would have told you already (but I don't have it).

I'm sorry if my "75" sounded a little too harsh, but you've got to be realistic with these things.
and i really cant see where this "signs of arrogance and irritation" bullshit is coming from either. Not in his post in this topic or any of his other posts anywhere else.

Last edited:

LadyMoon

HSC
Originally posted by Newbie

and i really cant see where this "signs of arrogance and irritation" bullshit is coming from either. Not in his post in this topic or any of his other posts anywhere else.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Huy
If I had UAIseeker, I would have told you already (but I don't have it).

I'm sorry if my "75" sounded a little too harsh, but you've got to be realistic with these things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was not refering to that quote, read before that.

is a roflcopter
HSC
........i still dont see it.........

maybe theres some deep subliminal shit going on that i dont get.
oh well. huys a nice bloke leave him alone aye

Jeo

Prove me wrong
for the last 2 years in the hsc out of all the people in the WHOLE of Standard english, NOT one manages to get a Band 6.

those facts with who has the UAIseeker, i HAVE no way of knowing the transaction between them and your VISA account.
No subjects are capped. Those statistics mean that no student so far has performed at band 6 level. It is possible, it just hasn't been done.

NOT one of those posters actually give an "OFFICAL" Uai calculation.
Its all "85 maybe"
i say 75
Yes, I do that too. If you see my predictions, it will be like, high/mid/low #0's. You cannot just enter raw marks into a UAI calculator. The process of aligning and scaling are very complex, and you cannot input assessment marks for it to use. Many people here give their opinion. You have no right to insult that opinion. If you want to take the advice, take it, if not, leave it. Simple as that.

etc.

sooner or later youd come to realise that the measure of arrogance is determined on the way you intepret one's dialogue. And there is a VERY fine line between confidence and arrogance. if a guy says "I will beat you!" you cant say he is just confident he is arrogant as well. for he claims that he is superior.

Besides i am not flaming anyone. They way Huy has handled this post, (i commend him on his past effort and help he has aided to which as you pointed out, i am not a witness of) does show signs of arrogance and irritation.
And from above i seriously doubt that Huy, calculated the UAI by hand and posted it.
"Fact: Huy does not have a UAI calculator."

Well it seems it was my mistake to stick up for the thread starter, ill leave to to you the "altruistic few".
Huy's post meant no harm. You are making a big deal out of it. If theres a person that tries to help as much as possible, its Huy. See the IPT, or IT Stuff forums. If you ask him a simple question, he will answer with an essay stating upsides, downsides and how to solve the problem.

And oh you are right, your post does reek of arrogance.
Seriously, you pick the wrong people to insult. How could you call Lazarus, arrogant? He has created a HSC site with tons of resources for you and everyone in this world to use. He has created a forum that is very active where people discuss ideas and problems.

If theres an arrogant person here, sorry to say, its you.

Well, thats my opinion :)

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
Ladymoon:

i dun see the point of you here shouting at ppl who are doing their best to help others...

whether this odd behaviour u have is acceptable in ur life, certainly in the society its not accepted..let alone here...

Prove me wrong
fact: if it hasn't been done before, it doesn't mean it can't be done

Besides i am not flaming anyone

thx for that....

i didn't flame anyone :rolleyes:

LadyMoon

HSC
Ah forget it, maybe i am making a big deal of it.
i just posted my opinion, if someone says that to me i would think they were being arrogant, not confident. it doesnt matter of what they have done in the past.
Im not here to make enemies.
it just really pisses me off when people are arrogant, and i can tell when they are :)p)

but im not backing down with my opinion. if you think its not true then so be it. if you think its true then there. it is an opinion, nothing more.

Originally posted by Jeo
If theres an arrogant person here, sorry to say, its you.

Well, thats my opinion :) [/B]
oh and thats unjustified.:p

Jeo

*cough*

plus, their estimate is worth rubbish anywayz
bullshit

all these ppl that posted have not even sat the HSC..nor do they have UAIseeker
Even if you have UAI seeker you cannot predict other peoples UAI's

geez why are you all trying to kill the fourm starter anyway?
Please specify why he is trying to kill anyone. What part of his posts suggests this?

-> You called Laz and Huy Arrogant. <-

Enough justification?

Jeo

I was retaliating against Laz's flames.
And no i was not shouting at anyone.

"whether this odd behaviour u have is acceptable in ur life, "

that is a flame.
Why is it a flame..

whether this odd behaviour u have is acceptable in ur life, certainly in the society its not accepted..let alone here...
He is making a comment. He is saying this behaviour is not acceptable in society.

^___^
HSC
I was retaliating against Laz's flames.
And no i was not shouting at anyone.

"whether this odd behaviour u have is acceptable in ur life, "

that is a flame.
i'm "retaliating" on behalf of Huy who u critised as arrogant...

and how is it that ur "retaliating" against Laz's flame when Laz was retaliating ur initial flame on the forum, right? since u literally started :
You think wrong!
this is a fourm not an abuse post.
the guy/girl asked for an estimate, not someguy's big head!
plus, their estimate is worth rubbish anywayz...all these ppl that posted have not even sat the HSC..nor do they have UAIseeker.
:rolleyes:

oh..i'm not flaming..

i'm just stating...the obivious

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I'm not one to debate issues unless required.

Let me just sum up a few issues raised.

This section of the forum is about "Guidance and Counsel". As Jeo said it's all about opinions.

Whether they are from experienced or non-experienced people, they are here to say what they think. There is no reason to complain that someone provided an inaccurate estimate. But normally a lot of people understand the process and are able to make logical guesses. This should only be used as a rough guide to those who have no idea on how the system works and whether their marks are up to scratch.

No-one can be 100% accurate. You expecting that when people ask for predictions they are expected to be given an estimate that is +/- 1 of what they will really get in the near future? Sorry not going to happen. No one knows.

It's already been written into the rocks, this section typically isn't meant for UAI predictions. It is not encouraged. In fact it shouldn't be allowed.

This place is for students to post their results/subjects and ask for thoughtful information about what they should do and what to improve etc..

I suggest people should try keep it that way.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
allow me to remind everyone (no matter what their status) that the UAI/HSC Marks - Guidance and Counsel forum is intended to help BoS members better understand the whole HSC, UAI marks and rankings, and NOT a UAI-prediction service...

the UAI-predictions given here are usually a rough estimate (and are the result of most ppl being too tight to purchase UAIseeker): when i say rough it could be anywhere between "100-grit garnet paper" to "1000-grit ragerunner" rough. obviously the ppl who ask aren't expecting (and should not expect) a super-accurate UAI estimate.

most ppl use UAI predictions as a motivational/confidence booster (eg. can i get in the mid-80s with these marks?): i for one do not because i see them as excuses to be complacent. nevertheless i have no doubt as to the hardwork Laz has put into UAISeeker and the integrity of the software.

ladymoon, i can safely vouch that your understanding of the purpose of this forum, and of huy, is dead-incorrect.

Jeo

Originally posted by Frigid
ladymoon, i can vouch that your judgement of this forum, and of huy, is wrong.
She doesn't seem to understand.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Thread closed.

No point discussing this any further. It will only result in flaming.

Lazarus can have the last word if he chooses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)