hey everyone... UAISEEKER (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destination

could someone who has access to UAISEEKER please tell me what uai these marks would give?
thankyou...
English Standard 56/216 62%
Maths 2U 21/52 65%
Physics 3/25 68%
Software 3/30 61%
Business studies 16/83 68%
IT 5/69 78%
i goto a school ranked not in the top 120 and has an average of 2-3 people geting above 90's every year
thanks..

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Only 2 or 3 people getting over 90 UAI??

Then it's obvious your UAI is going to be 85

Huy

HSC
N/A
85?

I say 75.

Sorry, but take a look at the marks, English standard, 2-3 over 90 each year, Band 3's mostly (besides IPT).

But don't take my word for it...

Huy

HSC
N/A
If I had UAIseeker, I would have told you already (but I don't have it).

And the sole purpose of UAIseeker is to select your combination of subjects and project a UAI estimate, using previous stats and figures.

I'm sorry if my "75" sounded a little too harsh, but you've got to be realistic with these things.

(Unless you'd rather I say 90+, giving you a false sense of security)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by destination
can you please use uai seeker and tell me what it predicts please???
thanks

WE are trying to give you as accurate a prediction as we can, stop trying to push any further.... NOT many people will have your combination of courses, and plus having a UAIseeker at the same time.

As i have said, 85.

LadyMoon

HSC
geez why are you all trying to kill the fourm starter anyway?

he/she just wants a uai estimate (an accurate one, without ppl's opinion, and their estimate covered in their arrogance *cough*huy*cough*)

but sorry buddy (thread starter) cant help yah, i dont have UAIseeker.
Love to reassure you that you'll get over 90, but i dont know/cant tell from the fact that only 2-3 ppl get over 90 from your school.
(mine abt 25-30ppl/200) so you can see why.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I think when people go to the trouble of making an estimate they're entitled to cover it in whatever they like.

destination

ooow

do u have to choose ur subjects when u sign up for UAIseeker?
thanks for ur help and all guys n gals.. really appreciate it...
gud luck with hsc.. n then hav fun.. :cool:

LadyMoon

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
I think when people go to the trouble of making an estimate they're entitled to cover it in whatever they like.
You think wrong!
this is a fourm not an abuse post.
the guy/girl asked for an estimate, not someguy's big head!
plus, their estimate is worth rubbish anywayz...all these ppl that posted have not even sat the HSC..nor do they have UAIseeker.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm with Cyph and I emphasise the maybe
I have played around with percentiles on a different program, and basically, the UAI u should get, based on current performance is anywhere between 65-70

Eeko

Banned
ah the joys of going to a selective school
knowing if u fall
ur mates have already put a safety net below

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by LadyMoon
You think wrong!
No, I don't, and here's why -

this is a fourm not an abuse post.
the guy/girl asked for an estimate, not someguy's big head!
We are volunteers, not slaves. Did they or did they not receive an estimate? I believe they did. Further, it was only after that estimate was rejected by the original poster that the so-called 'arrogance' arose. And in fact it seems you've become a little confused as to what 'arrogance' actually is:

<blockquote>arrogance
n.
Overbearing pride evidenced by a superior manner toward inferiors.</blockquote>Now, I can't see this fitting with Huy's post in any way. In fact, the post was rational, honest, and included an apology! There was no trace of pride, nor of a superior manner, nor even a belief that the original poster was somehow inferior. It seems that none of the elements of 'arrogance' are present in the post at all. But I understand that when dealing with the english language it is easy to become muddled, and that you most likely meant to use this word:

<blockquote>confidence
n.
The state or quality of being certain.</blockquote>Yes, now it does appear that Huy made his statements with an air of certainty. This seems much more sensible. But surely you're not claiming that mere certainty or confidence is a fault? Why, such a claim in itself would have to be made with a degree of confidence, resulting in an absurd state of hypocrisy! I'm sure that it could never have been your intention to assert yourself so bigotedly; we can therefore discard that conclusion. And so if you were actually claiming that Huy expressed some certainty in his post, and we have established that mere confidence is not a fault, it seems that Huy's actions were, in fact, perfectly fine.

Please do not flame users for no reason.

plus, their estimate is worth rubbish anywayz...all these ppl that posted have not even sat the HSC..nor do they have UAIseeker.
And the user with a double-digit post count who has been with us for little over a month has the gall to label others as arrogant. I've seen you post ridiculous nonsense in other threads; for example, preaching the impossibility of achieving band 6 in Standard English. You've scarcely had enough time to adequately observe the contributions of these students, and your own actions betray your complete misunderstanding of the processes you are condemning.

I haven't the faintest clue where you managed to draw those last two sweeping statements from. Facts or assumptions? Shall we examine them?

Fact: Survivor39 is doing his HSC.
Fact: Survivor39 has a UAI calculator.
Fact: Survivor39 understands the processes.

Fact: Huy is doing his HSC.
Fact: Huy does not have a UAI calculator.
Fact: Huy understands the processes.

Fact: Cyph has completed his HSC.
Fact: Cyph has a UAI calculator.
Fact: Cyph understands the processes.

It seems that, of those nine facts, you've managed to get six of them wrong. I commend you on recognising the other three (which were stated rather obviously in the posts preceding your own).

Contrary to what you seem to believe, UAI calculators weren't always in existence; it is actually possible to estimate UAIs by hand. However, this is (understandably) a very time-consuming and arduous process, and is only performed by a very knowledgeable and altruistic few. The three posters you've condemned form part of those few. This is perhaps unsurprising when you consider that I wrote the UAISeeker, and those posters are volunteers on my forum. I suppose you accidentally missed that in your own extensive evaluation of the way things work around here.

You're in no position to judge these people.

And finally, as a further illustration of my first example - this post reeks of arrogance. :)

Definitions provided by dictionary.com.

destination

shoo!

laz man.. u getting high for no reason..
i just asked for an estimate from someone that has uaiseeker man.. and i got replies with comments and their own predictions, i appreciate it.. but what i didnt get was an estimate from someone with uaiseeker..
so its all gud man...
i know they all try their best to help us...
and so do we appreciate it..
anyways.. dont have to make a big deal out of it..
take care everyone... lets end it HERE!!

Jeo

why would he predict using UAI seeker, when it costs everyone else $15 :confused:

shaggy

oh sik...a fight occurring??

hehe, wattup destination man. u know who dis is.
so wat seems to be da problem in here? sounds like a bit of a dispute. its kinda amusin coz ure caught up in da middle of it n stuff ey? hehe. are they predicting scores which doesn't seem right according to our school? well, we both know how stuffed up our instituition is, but we can't do nuffin much abt it man. instead of expectin for da best, lets prepare ourselves for da worst, and we shall do that by just using the rest of these 11 days for some extreme studyin...
wish you all da best man. we both are screwed in terms of school grade avgs n stuff, but it won't hurt if we try to do our personal best in the HSC itself, aiight man? kewl...cheers bro...:D :D :D

>>>ShaggY<<<

Mz_Baybee

U's are funni as hell hehehe...

Can u's please predict my UAI =) My trial marks are disgusting but I'm improving..

ENGLISH ESL: 64% Rank: 1/12
GENERAL MATHS: 51% Rank: 31/68
SOCIETY & CULTURE: 57% Rank: 18/24
IPT: 73% Rank: 6/24
GERMAN CONTINUERS: 82%
GERMAN EXTENSION: 66%

:. I don't know my ranks for German E & C but I think I came 12/82.

My marks are shocking compared to what you guys got =( But try and make use of it and tell me where I would probably stand. Thanx guys =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)