Hey, could someone help me make a study timetable? (1 Viewer)

Green024

HSC
Hey, so i'm in year 12 and trials are fast approaching *Sweats nervously* and i know this is overdue and i should have one by now, but could someone help me construct a study timetable? I'm really bad at doing it. My subjects are:

- Ext. Math
- Math
- Ext. English
- Adv. English
- PDHPE
- A. History

I know its alot to ask but if anyone could help me with this i would be very grateful. Thanks!

suika

HSC
Constructing a study timetable is entirely up to you. It's how much you want to do, when you want to do it and how you are going to do it.

Firstly, consider everything you do in a week (such as sleeping, eating, chores, tutoring). Count how many hours each item takes to do each thing (say 7 hours per night of sleep, 1 hour per day to do chores). This should give you a rough estimate on how much time you have to study in a day or week.

Secondly, allocate how many hours you want free, like to relax after studying. Then allocate how many hours of study you want to do (don't go overboard).

Finally, determine what is the best time to study. You might like studying in the morning then taking a break in the afternoon and continue in the evening, or you might be better off studying at night. Usually, a 9am-3pm scenario works best as it doesn't put off your sleeping patterns too much. Then just place everything in a table (I am such a bad explainer but you get the idea???). Usually there's study timetable templates already on the internet which cover a full day.

Yeah sorry if this was badly explained, but just make a timetable you feel comfortable with. I can't give you an exact study timetable.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
its best to construct your own study timetables because only you know how you work best and what you need to do. its a skill you definitely need to learn for your own independence - you can't really ask people to manage your time when you're in uni, or in the workplace, etc. however, if you need TIPS as to how to construct one, I don't mind giving some out.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Below is an extract from my senior study guide which you may find helpful, for the full guide, click on http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html

HOW TO ORGANISE YOUR STUDY TIMETABLE:
I think the best way to make a time table is to make it flexible, whether you have a to-do list by day or organise your day into relaxation and 1 hour long study sessions, do what works for you. There are a few things you should make sure to include in your timetable/to do list to make it effective

1)Always be realistic-don't assign excessive amount of work that you cannot achieved in the designated amount of time you have set aside for yourself

2)Make sure you are flexible-so you can make adjustments to your timetable when extra-curricular and any other unforseen circumstances comes up.

3)Make sure you are studying at times optimal to your concentration and alertness level. Don't assign studying at night if you can't concentrate during that time

4)Include social activities, work commitments, relaxation time into your timetable-a balanced lifestyle is essential for long term academic success

5)Make sure you follow your timetable as closely as possible and try not to have too many carry over tasks to add onto tomorrow's workload. With lots of trial and error, you will find a way of organising time that you will feel comfortable with and which works for you

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Sleep
Study
Repeat
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat

Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat
Eat, sleep, Study, repeat

Suddenly I think I'm on the phone
Suddenly I think I'm telling a story
But I'm not
I'm just dancing
I was just dancing
I'm just sleeping
I'm just studying
I'm just repeating

And on,
Felt this thud
It was a bassline
Boom
Fucking
Boom
Man

Sorry dude
I thought you where an object
So I went into this diner
And the guy was like fucking
You wanna buy something
I'm like no
I'm just dancing to the hum of your fridge
He's like,
Then get the fuck out of my restaurant
I'm like
I like it here
I like the lighting
Besides
I like your waitress
She looks pretty hot
So I got her by the arm
And I drag her out into the street
And I gave her to a homeless guy
He gave me all his crack
And all he kept saying was,
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat
X3

So like John called me the next morning
Dude
Like where were you last night
I was like
I was there
He was like
Oh yeah
And then,
He was like
Fucking remember that they were playing
I'm like that tune
I don't remember fucking anything man
I mean I have vague recollections
And like a general feeling of happiness
And he was like no that fucking song man
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat

I came out of the club
And there was dark
And there was night
And there was streetlamps
I was pretty like
I dunno
And I order some food
Suddenly it was tomorrow
And then tomorrow was today
And then I found this club
And I went into the club
And the club was banging
And the music was like really loud
And I was raving
And suddenly I was saving this girl
From this dude
And suddenly he was being rude
All she kept saying was,
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat

All they kept saying was,
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat
All I kept thinking was,
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat

She said
Yo,I'm an artist
And then she just started
To make this thing
Out of cocaine
And I swear to god
It said
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat

enoilgam

HSC
HOW TO ORGANISE YOUR STUDY TIMETABLE:
I think the best way to make a time table is to make it flexible, whether you have a to-do list by day or organise your day into relaxation and 1 hour long study sessions, do what works for you. There are a few things you should make sure to include in your timetable/to do list to make it effective

1)Always be realistic-don't assign excessive amount of work that you cannot achieved in the designated amount of time you have set aside for yourself

2)Make sure you are flexible-so you can make adjustments to your timetable when extra-curricular and any other unforseen circumstances comes up.

3)Make sure you are studying at times optimal to your concentration and alertness level. Don't assign studying at night if you can't concentrate during that time

4)Include social activities, work commitments, relaxation time into your timetable-a balanced lifestyle is essential for long term academic success

5)Make sure you follow your timetable as closely as possible and try not to have too many carry over tasks to add onto tomorrow's workload. With lots of trial and error, you will find a way of organising time that you will feel comfortable with and which works for you
Pretty much the best way to compose a study timetable I think. Any study you create needs to be flexible, balanced and realistic. Life stuff is a thing, so you need to be able to make changes to the timetable if unexpected events occur. You should also plan for free time and social stuff, because this is going to help you cut down on procrastination and distractions when you start studying. Also, you need to be able to complete the tasks you set yourself, because if you set unrealistic expectations, you are setting yourself up for failure, which will kill your confidence.

britaker

HSC
Sleep
Study
Repeat
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat

Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat
Eat, sleep, Study, repeat

Suddenly I think I'm on the phone
Suddenly I think I'm telling a story
But I'm not
I'm just dancing
I was just dancing
I'm just sleeping
I'm just studying
I'm just repeating

And on,
Felt this thud
It was a bassline
Boom
Fucking
Boom
Man

Sorry dude
I thought you where an object
And the guy was like fucking
You wanna buy something
I'm like no
I'm just dancing to the hum of your fridge
He's like,
Then get the fuck out of my restaurant
I'm like
I like it here
I like the lighting
Besides
I like your waitress
She looks pretty hot
So I got her by the arm
And I drag her out into the street
And I gave her to a homeless guy
He gave me all his crack
And all he kept saying was,
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat
X3

So like John called me the next morning
Dude
Like where were you last night
I was like
I was there
He was like
Oh yeah
And then,
He was like
Fucking remember that they were playing
I'm like that tune
I don't remember fucking anything man
I mean I have vague recollections
And like a general feeling of happiness
And he was like no that fucking song man
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat

I came out of the club
And there was dark
And there was night
And there was streetlamps
I was pretty like
I dunno
And I order some food
Suddenly it was tomorrow
And then tomorrow was today
And then I found this club
And I went into the club
And the club was banging
And the music was like really loud
And I was raving
And suddenly I was saving this girl
From this dude
And suddenly he was being rude
All she kept saying was,
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat

All they kept saying was,
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat
All I kept thinking was,
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat

She said
Yo,I'm an artist
And then she just started
To make this thing
Out of cocaine
And I swear to god
It said
Eat
Sleep
Study
Repeat
AHAHA that's bloody brilliant m8 :haha:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, so i'm in year 12 and trials are fast approaching *Sweats nervously* and i know this is overdue and i should have one by now, but could someone help me construct a study timetable? I'm really bad at doing it. My subjects are:

- Ext. Math
- Math
- Ext. English
- Adv. English
- PDHPE
- A. History

I know its alot to ask but if anyone could help me with this i would be very grateful. Thanks!
You should think about the days of your trials and think which one you have first, last etc.
Which subjects you perform best in/ need to work harder in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)