help (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
I got offered B science (advanced) at USYD. My enrolment form that we had to fill out and hand in also said im doing B science in an advanced stream. However, my UAI was below the cut- off (I got 95.30 and the cut-off is 96.4) and because of that, I was only able to do 12 cp at an advance level (which is physics). I wanted to do chemistry, but the cut-ff to do that at an advanced level is 96.4 and you need an HSC result >80. I got 86 but they still didnt accept me.So now I'nm only doing 12 cp at an advance level (which is below the recommended of 24 cp).

Now, i just received my confirmation letter, and it says im doing B Science and theres a "stream" part, which has nothing next to it. Also, on the myadmin website it states "no stream" next to B Science. I know a person who's doing the same course as me and has "advanced stream" on their confirmation and myadmin website (hes doing all his subjects at an advanced level).

Is it normal for me to have no stream on my one? Is it because im only doing 12cp at an advanced level? I'm really scared they dropped me down just to B Science (which is my 6th preference), but they couldn't have done that without going through my higher preferences. Please help.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
as long as u fulfill the criteria for adv sci, u will eventually be in adv sci, even if u are in sci...

so do wut ever necessary to get ur self 24 cp of adv units in first yr... threaten / black mail the dean if necessary [xiaoie takes no legal responsiblity in this comment]... with deans permission, u don't even have to transfer, they can just change ur stream...

tho u can always wait until the end of the year when u r receiving ur bachelar, if u have fulfill the criteria, u will be awarded b sci (adv)...

why not do adv maths!?!?!? it's alot more fun and u are almost definitely garenteed a HD...

oh btw, just a note to those b sci(adv) pplz, u need a cr average, just incase u guys forget...

tennille

HSC
Im going to go into the uni on friday and ask in person. Im going to try and get into adv chem as well. I mean, why the hell accept me into adv science if i cant do the recommened subjects at an advanced level?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Hi Tennille!

Anyway, I heard that the Bachelors diploma you receive upon graduation just denotes BSc Advanced as BSc.. i.e it makes no distinction between the normal level and the Advanced level. Can someone confirm this for me?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
gee that is wierd. just go in with your offer letter too and ask whats going on. its only recommended you do 24 adv units. its more of an issue in 2nd and 3rd year i think

tennille

HSC
lukebennett said:
gee that is wierd. just go in with your offer letter too and ask whats going on. its only recommended you do 24 adv units. its more of an issue in 2nd and 3rd year i think
Thats what im gonna do. I can do adv math (i treid enrolling and it let me- even though i dont have the prerequisites, but im too scared because its 4 unit maths).

tennille

HSC
JKDDragon said:
Hi Tennille!

Anyway, I heard that the Bachelors diploma you receive upon graduation just denotes BSc Advanced as BSc.. i.e it makes no distinction between the normal level and the Advanced level. Can someone confirm this for me?
I hope you're right.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Tennille said:
I hope you're right.
no....you shouldn't..don't hope that...pilizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......cuz I don't wanna work my rear off and at the end they don't even care about it.....:eek:

hope u get into adv stream..and then u take dat wish back...Muahahahaahahahha...

Last edited:

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
Tennille said:
Now, i just received my confirmation letter, and it says im doing B Science and theres a "stream" part, which has nothing next to it. Also, on the myadmin website it states "no stream" next to B Science. I know a person who's doing the same course as me and has "advanced stream" on their confirmation and myadmin website (hes doing all his subjects at an advanced level).
that has happened to me as well, except for arts (advanced). I'm going down to the uni tomorrow to sort that, and a few other things out. I'll let you know what they say :)

zeropoint

HSC
Tennille said:
I hope you're right.
Yep, it's true. Both the BSc and BSc (Advanced) students will have BACHELOR OF SCIENCE written on their degrees. In any case, if you're planning on transferring then it shouldn't matter what stream you're in.

zeropoint

HSC
ptitsa said:
that has happened to me as well, except for arts (advanced). I'm going down to the uni tomorrow to sort that, and a few other things out. I'll let you know what they say :)
Same deal. Both the BA and BA (Advanced) result in the same BACHELOR OF ARTS degree.

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
not to worry tenille, i enrolled in 36 units of advanced science and it also has nothing next to stream on my confirmation of enrolment. the award course name is currently, for you, bsc. when you graduate, you will be automatically awarded adv bsc if you complete 24 units of your major at the advanced level. some ppl who enrol in bsc in first year end up graduating with adv bsc because they've kept distinction average which allowed them to do adv units and they majored in that, so adv bsc.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
snow in summer said:
not to worry tenille, i enrolled in 36 units of advanced science and it also has nothing next to stream on my confirmation of enrolment. the award course name is currently, for you, bsc. when you graduate, you will be automatically awarded adv bsc if you complete 24 units of your major at the advanced level. some ppl who enrol in bsc in first year end up graduating with adv bsc because they've kept distinction average which allowed them to do adv units and they majored in that, so adv bsc.
so...u r saying that if we do the final year at adv level...then we will be cvonsidered as bsc avd?...fi so...kool....but....transferring from normal to adv has too much hassle..at least for someone as lazy as me...

tennille

HSC
ptitsa said:
I think the lady who keyed in my subjects on the comp thought i was only doing B science. I'm going in on friday to fix it up. Do we go to the student centre? Are they opened on friday?

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
Yeah guys im sorry but the idea of teh advanced degree is more garenteed honours and challanging you. Its suppose to stop first year boredom and dropping out because kids are fustrated that their learning the same old thing

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
Tennille said:
I got offered B science (advanced) at USYD. My enrolment form that we had to fill out and hand in also said im doing B science in an advanced stream. However, my UAI was below the cut- off (I got 95.30 and the cut-off is 96.4) and because of that, I was only able to do 12 cp at an advance level (which is physics). I wanted to do chemistry, but the cut-ff to do that at an advanced level is 96.4 and you need an HSC result >80. I got 86 but they still didnt accept me.So now I'nm only doing 12 cp at an advance level (which is below the recommended of 24 cp).

Is it normal for me to have no stream on my one? Is it because im only doing 12cp at an advanced level? I'm really scared they dropped me down just to B Science (which is my 6th preference), but they couldn't have done that without going through my higher preferences. Please help.
man! your avatar pic is making me dizzy!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
@ shelley!!! LOLZ!!!!!!
@ everyone else: dun listen to her... she's a major diabolic demon tryin to get everyone dropped out... =p

@ tenille: i am pretty sure ur stream will show up somewhere in ur certificate...
and also, ignore some one (forgot who)'s comments that u only need to do 1/2 of ur senior study in adv level, u will be automatcially elevated to adv stream...

u need to satisfy every criteria, which includes: 1/2 of junior cp's in adv level, 1/2 of intermediate in adv level... forgot the rest... will confirm maybe later..

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
Tennille said:
I think the lady who keyed in my subjects on the comp thought i was only doing B science. I'm going in on friday to fix it up. Do we go to the student centre? Are they opened on friday?
I went to the student centre today and the guy there seemed to think that I should have had advanced on the confirmation. However, he checked the computer and I was enrolled as arts (advanced), so everything seems to be fine on that front. I guess as long as the computer is correct, that's all that matters, hahah. But, i think it's definitely worthwhile checking out. Even just to put your mind at ease :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)