HELP (1 Viewer)

shaneuko

HSC
N/A
I just received this mail, but dont make sense to me. is anyone can explain. do i accept or not.

Attachments

Roscosmos

HSC
They accidently sent you an offer to Civil Engineering. You did not actually get in though, so ignore that offer.

D94

HSC
N/A
Call UNSW and confirm whether or not this email is legit. I'm not sure what BoSers can do about it.

HSC
N/A
That doesn't seem legit at all. Whenever i've got emails from UNSW they're all in pretty fonts and signed off with the person who wrote it and contact detailszzzz

shaneuko

HSC
N/A
Actually it is legit and I got offer from UAC on 13/2.. I am trying to create my timetable now. But I got some questions to ask for.
1. Can I create timetable for whole year or just 1 semester, (some course I can't add that says it couldn't be found)
2.how many courses should I need to add,( typically is 24UOC per semester, does it mean i can choose 4 courses only for semester 1, and do rest for semester 2. Or I can add more than 4 courses.

D94

HSC
N/A
1. Just semester 1 at the moment, and you can only choose courses which are offered in semester 1 for semester 1, and likewise for semester 2. Some are offered in both semesters; the main thing to look out for are subjects which are prerequisites for later subjects - you should do them early on.
2. Typical UOC is 24, and most subjects are 6 UOC each (some are 3, later year subjects which are project or thesis based may be 12 or 18 etc.). It is possible to do more than 24 UOC in a semester, but you'll need to apply for overload with your program authority. However, I doubt you'd be allowed as a first year in your first semester. Also, if your program outline says max UOC is 27, then you can do an extra 3 UOC (if you can find one) without applying for overload, but the typical UOC is 24.

HSC
N/A
you can only make a timetable for sem 1.
you're only allowed to do 24uoc. you need to apply to overload

HSC
N/A
1. Just semester 1 at the moment, and you can only choose courses which are offered in semester 1 for semester 1, and likewise for semester 2. Some are offered in both semesters; the main thing to look out for are subjects which are prerequisites for later subjects - you should do them early on.
2. Typical UOC is 24, and most subjects are 6 UOC each (some are 3, later year subjects which are project or thesis based may be 12 or 18 etc.). It is possible to do more than 24 UOC in a semester, but you'll need to apply for overload with your program authority. However, I doubt you'd be allowed as a first year in your first semester. Also, if your program outline says max UOC is 27, then you can do an extra 3 UOC (if you can find one) without applying for overload, but the typical UOC is 24.
oopsies. answered at the same time :p

shaneuko

HSC
N/A
So I just need to choose any 4 courses for semester 1 of year1 according to the handbook?

D94

HSC
N/A
Does any of these course are only need one semester to finish or some of them need 2 semester to complete.
Just 1 semester. There could be some honours year subjects which take the whole year, but that's a while away.

shaneuko

HSC
N/A
Just 1 semester. There could be some honours year subjects which take the whole year, but that's a while away.
So it doesn't matter that which course you do first. You just need to finish the courses that handbook requires you to choose year by year? Because I want to choose ENGG1000, but the class is full now, is it fine for me to do this course in semester 2?

D94

HSC
N/A
So it doesn't matter that which course you do first. You just need to finish the courses that handbook requires you to choose year by year? Because I want to choose ENGG1000, but the class is full now, is it fine for me to do this course in semester 2?
It can matter, especially if the subject is a prerequisite for others. For example, you must do MATH1131/1141 before MATH1231/1241. You can't do it the other way around.

But yes, just follow the handbook by each year, and by each semester. Some subjects are only offered in certain semesters, for example, you can't do MATH1231/1241 in semester 1 because it is not offered in semester 1.

You can do ENGG1000 in semester 2 without issue. If you really want to do ENGG1000 in semester 1 and it's a core subject for your program, you should contact UNSW and ask if they can let you in, since it's a core subject. But, you can do ENGG1000 in semester 2.

shaneuko

HSC
N/A
It can matter, especially if the subject is a prerequisite for others. For example, you must do MATH1131/1141 before MATH1231/1241. You can't do it the other way around.

But yes, just follow the handbook by each year, and by each semester. Some subjects are only offered in certain semesters, for example, you can't do MATH1231/1241 in semester 1 because it is not offered in semester 1.

You can do ENGG1000 in semester 2 without issue. If you really want to do ENGG1000 in semester 1 and it's a core subject for your program, you should contact UNSW and ask if they can let you in, since it's a core subject. But, you can do ENGG1000 in semester 2.
So even ENGG is a core subject, I can do it in semester 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)