Help with preference (1 Viewer)

mrh94

HSC
My ATAR is 87 and I am eligible for the EAS. I want to do Law/Business at UTS (ATAR cut-off 97) and they reward 10 bonus points if you're eligible for EAS. Should I put it as my first preference?

Thankyou! :D

D94

HSC
N/A
Put what you want to do as preference number 1. Don't decide based on ATAR.

mrh94

HSC
Put what you want to do as preference number 1. Don't decide based on ATAR.
If I don't get my first preference, doesnt it lesson my chances of getting into my second preference? I don't want to jeopardize that. But getting into law/business would be amazing! Such a cliched' dream but I would be arghhh. I can't even explain it.

D94

HSC
N/A
If I don't get my first preference, doesnt it lesson my chances of getting into my second preference? I don't want to jeopardize that. But getting into law/business would be amazing! Such a cliched' dream but I would be arghhh. I can't even explain it.
No. Every preference is equally competitive until you receive an offer or UAC has exhausted your list. You won't jeopardise anything by doing so.

UAC goes through all your preferences until you make the cutoff for one of them. They might be on your 6th preference, and this is equally competitive to someone who has placed it as their 1st preference.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I used to think that but no. They work down from 99.95 offering positions, so your chances of getting into your second preference if you dont get in to your first would be exactly the same as if it were your first preference. Sounds like you should have Law/Business down as that does seem to be your dream and the numbers work out. Whats your second preference, same thing at a different uni or just Business at UTS?

mrh94

HSC
I used to think that but no. They work down from 99.95 offering positions, so your chances of getting into your second preference if you dont get in to your first would be exactly the same as if it were your first preference. Sounds like you should have Law/Business down as that does seem to be your dream and the numbers work out. Whats your second preference, same thing at a different uni or just Business at UTS?
I'll put it as my first preference then! My second preference is Business at UTS, then third is Business & Science & so on. Hopefully law works out! I can't even believe there is a slight possibility of me getting in.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I'll put it as my first preference then! My second preference is Business at UTS, then third is Business & Science & so on. Hopefully law works out! I can't even believe there is a slight possibility of me getting in.
Haha yeah, if you are really interested in Law then definitely consider transferring. I knew a guy who tranferred from Communications into Business to get out of Comm lol and was looking into transferring into Law for 2013, according to him and what he said the student centre told him the requirements to transfer were really not that high at all!

mrh94

HSC
Haha yeah, if you are really interested in Law then definitely consider transferring. I knew a guy who tranferred from Communications into Business to get out of Comm lol and was looking into transferring into Law for 2013, according to him and what he said the student centre told him the requirements to transfer were really not that high at all!
I phoned up the office for inpUTS and they said I might have a pretty good chance of getting my first preference so hopefully! If I get in, oh God. I don't even.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)