help with ladies shaving (1 Viewer)

sowhat

HSC
ive got a lot of trouble shaving.

mostly underarms and legs. legs should be the easiest - but i leave black dots. underarms keep getting cut and redden, not to mention stubble. i use shaving oil recomended by shaver shop, and the green remington ladies shaver, $70/80 from shaver shop. the lady there said she uses the same model, and just stretches her arm back until its strait. ive tried this, but seriously, theres no way to have a straight underarm.

i use a small brushy comb to get out cut hair and oil, dont clean it with spray or anything though. but the first time i used it, it didnt work anyway (so cleaning wouldnt change how it works) i cant wax as my skin is hyperallergic.

how do u's shave? should i buy a different shaver?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
what about the cream that removes hair? they're pretty good.

CieL

HSC
Epilator only hurts the first few times.
Then you get used to it.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
sowhat said:
ive got a lot of trouble shaving.

mostly underarms and legs. legs should be the easiest - but i leave black dots. underarms keep getting cut and redden, not to mention stubble. i use shaving oil recomended by shaver shop, and the green remington ladies shaver, $70/80 from shaver shop. the lady there said she uses the same model, and just stretches her arm back until its strait. ive tried this, but seriously, theres no way to have a straight underarm.

i use a small brushy comb to get out cut hair and oil, dont clean it with spray or anything though. but the first time i used it, it didnt work anyway (so cleaning wouldnt change how it works) i cant wax as my skin is hyperallergic.

how do u's shave? should i buy a different shaver?
Shave with a rock, it does wonders.

sowhat

HSC
CieL said:
Epilator only hurts the first few times.
Then you get used to it.
im chicken. do you really get used to it?

so basically if you shave, there's no way of getting entirely clean?

maybe i'll try epilator :S

sowhat

HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
maybe u'd get a closer shave with a schik quatro or gilette shaver. im pretty sure they have shavers for sensitive skin as well.

this is probably going to sound stupid, especially since ive never used an electric shaver, but wouldnt that type of shaver be a lil harsh/rough on ur skin? ive found schik quatro 2 be the best shaver (and i have sensitive skin). i use 100% aloe vera gel (from the health food shop) after application as it helps with the problems ur talking about. trust me, aloe vera gel works wonders!

also, depilatory creams now have sensitive skin products so im not sure if thats another option u could look into.
maybe i'll try the schik too, how much does it cost around?

ninja-boy

HSC
this is distugesting, no offence or anything, i just get freaked out when i see underarm hair on a chick, like i feel like running away asap. At least your tyring to remove it, man this chick i know at school folds up her school uniform but the problem is she has HAIRY MOTHERFUCKING armpits that looke like my pubes...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Also try the schik intuition - I've found it the best thing so far. It has a sold of moisturiser around the blade so no need for shaving cream or anything and it glides easy, it doesnt really irritate as it has one for senstive skin and prevents you from nicking your skin and stuff. It can only be used in the shower really so your skin and the solid is wet

sowhat

HSC
ninja-boy said:
this is distugesting, no offence or anything, i just get freaked out when i see underarm hair on a chick, like i feel like running away asap. At least your tyring to remove it, man this chick i know at school folds up her school uniform but the problem is she has HAIRY MOTHERFUCKING armpits that looke like my pubes...
lol yeah that sounds a bit grotty ><

melsc said:
Also try the schik intuition - I've found it the best thing so far. It has a sold of moisturiser around the blade so no need for shaving cream or anything and it glides easy, it doesnt really irritate as it has one for senstive skin and prevents you from nicking your skin and stuff. It can only be used in the shower really so your skin and the solid is wet
thanks, i hope it turns out.

sowhat

HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
maybe u'd get a closer shave with a schik quatro or gilette shaver. im pretty sure they have shavers for sensitive skin as well.

this is probably going to sound stupid, especially since ive never used an electric shaver, but wouldnt that type of shaver be a lil harsh/rough on ur skin?
hey you mean the schik isnt electric? ive never tried non-electric before, i thought they went out of date after the invention of the electric, and were inferiour. how does a nonelectric work?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
sowhat said:
hey you mean the schik isnt electric? ive never tried non-electric before, i thought they went out of date after the invention of the electric, and were inferiour. how does a nonelectric work?
There is this really sharp blade called a razor that cuts the hair. So yeh, my suggestion would be to try a good Gilette or Shick blade, even if it's a "Men's" one.

Lori.

HSC
sounds to me like you are the victim of a sales assistant just trying to make budget. I dont know a single girl who uses an electric shaver!

look, its really quite simple, go to coles or kmart, get yourself a schick or a venus (and dont get the really really cheap ones that come in a 10 pack for 4 bucks, you'll just cut your whole leg off with those, judging by your past experience). Then get yourself a shaving creme, now there are bound to be some out there for sensitive skin, just make sure you go for a good brand. Dont use the shaving oil cause you want something that will also soften up the hair and oil wont do that. If you cant find a shaving creme thats right for you, you can also use your conditioner, it will work just as well.

Now if your hair is really long, you should trim it with some scissors first. Then when you get in the shower, do the shaving last, so that the hair can soak up as much water as possible while you're shampooing, etc., so it can soften. Then turn off the water, apply your creme or conditioner and shave against the grain and make sure you rinse the blade out regularly. And to make sure you dont get any ingrowns, you should exfoliate and moisturise regularly.

good luck, i suppose :/

oh and while were on the subject of hairy armpits, i was on the bus the other day and some chick was standing next to me with her arms holding onto the bars, and she had disgusting hairy sweaty armpits that were right in my face :( it was terrible

sowhat

HSC
i thought ingrowns only happened with waxing? as shaving only cuts off the shaft, it doesnt pull anything out or disturb the root of the hair.

Lori. said:
sounds to me like you are the victim of a sales assistant just trying to make budget. I dont know a single girl who uses an electric shaver!
i really didnt know that :( my electric shaver has cost me 120 including the side thingies you always have to buy with it. i knew there HAD to be something wrong with what i was doing.

thanks

bassistx

HSC
You do get used to eps, eventually.
But I suggest you "try" it - to know how it works, what it feels like, etc. Try a friend's before you invest in your own (or try your mother's or whomever's). Dw, you won't die lol.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Come to USYD's OWeek next year if it's still there--grabbed myself a handful of FREE Schik Quatro's from the Schik tent. mwahaha. Though some other crazy girl accumulated about 15 a day--30 altogether! (though that was really smart of her--will last her until next OWeek for sure!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)