- International Convergence between economies
- Trade, Investment and transnational corporations
- Distribution of income and wealth
- Environmental Consequences
- Financial Markets
- The International Business Cycle
- Implications for government economic policies

Any help will be much appreciated :)
Ahhhh yes the dreaded effects of globalization. Tell you the truth, you don't really need to understand these, just to remember them, and include them in a globalization essay for effects. I might give you definitions tomorrow if ur really desperate but trust me it doesn't matter

danal353

HSC
Can someone please help me interpret the definitions of the following :
- International Convergence between economies
- Trade, Investment and transnational corporations
- Distribution of income and wealth
- Environmental Consequences
- Financial Markets
- The International Business Cycle
- Implications for government economic policies

Any help will be much appreciated :)
Is this for the case study? If so,
- International convergence - economies becoming more similar due to the spread of technology, trade etc.
- Trade, investment and tncs - how trade and investment has benefitted from globalisation i.e. explaining and showing the progression and contrasting from before
- Distribution of income and wealth - how income and wealth was and is distributed - how has globalisation effected this distribution e.g. worsened? and why
- Environmental consequences - what environmental consequences have resulted from the globalisation of this economy?
- Financial markets - how have financial markets reacted? have they been created, grown, privatised? the nature of these markets and how globalisation have influenced them.
- The international business cycle - has globalisation made the economy more vulnerable to fluctuations in the business cycle? What are recent examples where the domestic example have been seriously inflenced by the international business cycle?
- Implications for government economic policies - what has and should the government do to faciliate globalisation and curb the negative consequences? what measures have been put into place to deal with say environmental consequences? are they adequate? Should more be done?

Hope this helps :)

FrozenSky

HSC
urghh globalisation is a stupid topic...
What aqua black said is true, there's nothing to understand in this topic - it's just pure memorising

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I would hope any Economics textbook would have defined those already.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
ye your textbook should be your number one source of definitions

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
what text book is everyone using? im using the leading edge tim dixon one but i heard that the riley one is pretty good

rebeka94

HSC
Is this for the case study? If so,
- International convergence - economies becoming more similar due to the spread of technology, trade etc.
- Trade, investment and tncs - how trade and investment has benefitted from globalisation i.e. explaining and showing the progression and contrasting from before
- Distribution of income and wealth - how income and wealth was and is distributed - how has globalisation effected this distribution e.g. worsened? and why
- Environmental consequences - what environmental consequences have resulted from the globalisation of this economy?
- Financial markets - how have financial markets reacted? have they been created, grown, privatised? the nature of these markets and how globalisation have influenced them.
- The international business cycle - has globalisation made the economy more vulnerable to fluctuations in the business cycle? What are recent examples where the domestic example have been seriously inflenced by the international business cycle?
- Implications for government economic policies - what has and should the government do to faciliate globalisation and curb the negative consequences? what measures have been put into place to deal with say environmental consequences? are they adequate? Should more be done?

Hope this helps :)
Hey,

Yeah it is. Basically we have to 'Conduct and present a case study on the impact of globalisation on a developing economy. Evaluate the strategies that this economy is using to promote economic growth and development.' (I'm doing Brazil) And it also has to presented electronically ie. powerpoint

But anyways, yes that was of help! Thankyou :)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Because you ask stupid, obvious questions that could have been answered if you researched for half a minute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)