• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help With Azureus (1 Viewer)

FuckLiberals

HSC
Whenever I try to download something with Azureus, the little yellow face alongside the torrent is always yellow. Apparently this means that "the tracker is ok, you're connected to peers, but don't have any remote connection. You may have a NAT problem if your torrents stay on yellow status all the time.

So I then decided that my NAT (whatever that is, I have no idea) is wrong, so I did the NAT / Firewall test. I went to it and I saw that my port is set on 6881. I tested this then it said "Testing port 6881...NAT error.

Does anyone know how I can get the right NAT so I can get the torrents off yellow and onto blue (or green, or whatever colour the healthy torrents should be)?

EDIT: I download no illegal stuff either, I swear.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Use a different port.
Turn on port forwarding on your router.
Open the port on your firewall.

FuckLiberals

HSC
I have no idea what you guys are talking about, so I tried to follow the instructions that AsyLum gave.

I got stuck here:
Log into your router's configuration table. This is normally done by typing the routers Gateway Address into your browser's URL edit box and pressing the Enter key. You should be prompted for a username/password before proceeding. If you don't know the information, consult your owner's manual or ISP if it originated from them. (Note: some devices require utilizing Telnet for access and forwarding; the steps will be left out here due to their uniqueness. Again, refer to the owner's manual for the correct procedure)
I got into my routers configuration table, but don't know what to do now.

Thanks, by the way.

FuckLiberals

HSC
Hmm, this is weird.

I followed their instructions to create a static IP address but encountered a difficulty.

They said go start, run, then in the box type "command". I then get this message:

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\system32\command.com
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32|AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running on MS-DOS and Microsoft Winows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application

"Close" "Ignore"
It doesn't matter if I choose "close" or "ignore", the box disappears and I can't get in.

What is happening?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
just type in: cmd rather than command

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
while you are busy port forwarding, open one up for dota so you can host!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah it is, i forget which port though, i think its 12, portforwarding should have it listed under wc3:ft

FuckLiberals

HSC
Would you advise me to fuck around with my computer and create a static port when I have limited knowledge of computers?

Or if I fuck up it won't do that much damage and so I should just do it?

FuckLiberals

HSC
Ok, thanks heaps too everyone who helped in this thread, I've done everything I needed to and am consistently getting ~45-50kB/s and the NAT is fine.

Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)