Help medical condition (1 Viewer)

thebigticket

HSC
Me and my doctor firmly believe that I have juvenile rheumatoid arthritis this may have impacted my ability to write however he cannot confirm that I have the disease as I am too young to perform the blood test for it and he believes that the disease has not progressed enough to see any considerable joint damage done on a X-ray
However he does see most of the early signs and symptoms associated with rheumatoid arthritis will I be able to apply for disability provisions Or argue my case to bos

enoilgam

HSC
It's definitely worth a try - you should speak to your school about it as they would be more familiar with the exact procedures for it. However, BoS can be very tough when dealing with special consideration or provisions.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed with enoilgam. A lot of the medical provisions are accepted and for your grounds, it looks like you have a high chance of success, assuming everything you say is genuine etc. The only issue is that if they give you a scribe, it might not be worth it - I find that a scribe makes it harder to synthesize your work to make it coherent etc.

Smileandshine

HSC
I went for disability provisions for my SC. They denied me for everything first time. I was very sick, I had been off school for a year and a half, in and out of hospital, it didn't matter. There reason was I hadn't previously used these provisions. I hadn't done an exam since my year nine half year lies before the onset of my illness (I have a neurological condition).My school went angry at them and my doctor too and they eventually caved in. My provisions gave me a fair attempt at the SC and that's what they are based on. Will your arthritis stop you from having a fair attempt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)