HELP ME (1 Viewer)

timme

HSC
hey ya'll, I'm currently studying Commece/Law at UNSW....loving law....hating commerce. the only subject that I'm enjoying is economics - this semester I'm taking management, economics and accounting (I am not enjoying accounting at all).

One part of me is all "YES, WE CAN DO THIS COMMERCE DEGREE...SO MANY JOB OPPORTUNITIES *ASIAN MOMENT*" and the other part of me is all like "DUDE, WHY DO YOU WANT TO PUT YOURSELF THROUGH SO MUCH PAIN AND TORTURE WHEN YOU COULD BE PICKING UP LANGUAGES and history and other fun stuff like that"

So. My question is: Is it possible to change from Commerce to Arts (while still retaining the law degree) next semester, without prolonging my degree?

Thanks for your help. :D

D94

HSC
N/A
You may not be able to change in the first year because you don't meet all the requirements of the IPT (ie. completed/enrolled in 36UOC). However, just do Arts subjects instead of Commerce subjects, and if you do well in them (which you would have to), request a transfer at the end of this year.

Jonneeh

HSC
Give it a go you, i mean your only in first year and as you said you like economics once you get passed the compulsory subjects just major in economics. Or are you only liking economics because you did it in high school, hence appears easy for the time being.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
As above you won't be able to change until the end of the year.

No one cares if you are Asian or not also.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
hey ya'll, I'm currently studying Commece/Law at UNSW....loving law....hating commerce. the only subject that I'm enjoying is economics - this semester I'm taking management, economics and accounting (I am not enjoying accounting at all).

One part of me is all "YES, WE CAN DO THIS COMMERCE DEGREE...SO MANY JOB OPPORTUNITIES *ASIAN MOMENT*" and the other part of me is all like "DUDE, WHY DO YOU WANT TO PUT YOURSELF THROUGH SO MUCH PAIN AND TORTURE WHEN YOU COULD BE PICKING UP LANGUAGES and history and other fun stuff like that"

So. My question is: Is it possible to change from Commerce to Arts (while still retaining the law degree) next semester, without prolonging my degree?

Thanks for your help. :D
I feel your pain. I'm doing Comm/Adv Maths and I don't like Commerce, so I'm changing to Arts/Maths.

See here: https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/program_trans_Law.html

"For current Law dual degree students transferring to a different Law dual degree program

Current Law dual degree students wishing to transfer to a different Law dual degree program e.g. Arts/Law to Science/Law are not required to meet any WAM requirements.
** These programs are not available to current Law dual degree students for Semester 2 internal transfer.
"

So... it's a bit confusing but I assume you can do it. Just contact the university itself.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey dude. I'm in the same situation as you - I fucking hate accounting but enjoy stats and micro. :)

What you can do is a mid semester transfer through UAC from Comm/LLB to Arts/LLB. Source: Friend is considering changing from Comm/LLB to Eco/LLB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)