help? dilemma with teacher. (1 Viewer)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
So my extension 1 english teacher and I have had a few problems with each other.
Basically, I made a complaint about him, and he found out.
My original mark was 92% (should have been higher, he decided to mark me down for not using romantic language which if you know the course is ridiculous for creative writing)
Anyway, after he found out I complained, my mark dropped to 67%
I had this speech marked by a tutor who said he was a very strict marker but gave me 17/20.
When submitting my draft to my teacher, I was told it was excellent and what he told me to change I did.
My feedback after came on a slip of paper that simply said "Adequate textual refrerencing. You need to look at the bigger picture." - We were told to specifically refer to ONE text.
I told the assessment co ordinator and talked to the principal and nothing was done.

Don't know if this is worth going the the Board of Studies over? I feel annoying and like I'm trying to scab marks if I keep pushing this but he has been really unfair. No more extension assessments til the trials however 70% of my internal mark for extension is now at like 70% which is definitely not good and my rank is pretty screwed.

He hasn't just done it to me he has done it to other students and it's really pissing me off.
A little advice and/or reassurance would be great :bomb:

Incoherent at the beginning for someone who does English Extension 2.
Who did you complain to?
Are you asian?

KillerIsMe

Very Special Master
HSC
itsbeen four months, two interviews and five other students complaining and nothing has been done.
over it.
our last assessment got cancelled cause he was giving two students unfair advantages... i don't know how thats changed the weighting but im worried my 67% will end up weighing more now....

it's not like i fluked the 92% either, my average last year in extension was 94%....

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Because Yr 11 is such a great indicator of how a student does in Yr 12....

danielle..

is awesome.
HSC
you go to de la cronulla right? well as much as it does sound unfair, you said you took it to your principal and he used to work at my school. he is a really fair person and i don't think that he would let you be disadvantaged. just my opinion though.

danal353

HSC
So my extension 1 english teacher and I have had a few problems with each other.
Basically, I made a complaint about him, and he found out.
My original mark was 92% (should have been higher, he decided to mark me down for not using romantic language which if you know the course is ridiculous for creative writing)
Anyway, after he found out I complained, my mark dropped to 67%
I had this speech marked by a tutor who said he was a very strict marker but gave me 17/20.
When submitting my draft to my teacher, I was told it was excellent and what he told me to change I did.
My feedback after came on a slip of paper that simply said "Adequate textual refrerencing. You need to look at the bigger picture." - We were told to specifically refer to ONE text.
I told the assessment co ordinator and talked to the principal and nothing was done.

Don't know if this is worth going the the Board of Studies over? I feel annoying and like I'm trying to scab marks if I keep pushing this but he has been really unfair. No more extension assessments til the trials however 70% of my internal mark for extension is now at like 70% which is definitely not good and my rank is pretty screwed.

He hasn't just done it to me he has done it to other students and it's really pissing me off.
A little advice and/or reassurance would be great :bomb:
though i've never had anything so extreme done to me, i I can totally understand how annoyed you must be considering i can begin to feel practically murderous if i'm given a couple marks less than i thought was fair.

the problem with english is that it's really subjective and it's hard to challenge the marks if its something like 92%, i know that i was annoyed that i got 14/15 for an assessment because the reason he gave me for taking the mark off was so ridiculous, but because for a single mark, there isn't really much i could do...

however, when the drop is substantial - from 92 to 67, its probably worth taking up. I agree with the getting another teacher to mark it option, though many teachers wouldn't probably do it.

you could probably try and compare your mark to someone else's who wrote a similar speech...

also, i do Romanticism and it's true you don't really have to use Romantic language in terms of 19th century diction... possession is a 20th century novel and it's considered to be Romantic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)