help!!! car accident opinion (1 Viewer)

_kuroo

Sped
Strathfield, Sydney, Australia, Australia
HSC
ok so i was trying to brake the car slowly and i underestimated so i "bumped" the car infront of me by a bit but i came to a complete stop as we came into contact. there werent any marks or scratches or anything but the guy was pretty pissed off and said i had to pay for any damages and kept ranting on about the ultrasonics being broken.

i told him i had no insurance(cause i had no clue if i did, its my dad's car) and he took a photo of my rego, number and license. also i forgot to tell him i had my address changed which was at the back of my license.

what are the chances of his ultrasonics being damaged? he drives a bmw x5 =S

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
He might have had rear parking sensors, or depending on how new/old (I'm not familiar with BMW X5 specs) a more advanced ultrasonic system. My car for example is from 2011 and has numerous ultrasonic sensors in the rear both for parking as well as preventing side collisions/blind spot warnings, etc... that being said, only an expert from BMW would be able to tell him if there has been any damage. It might need a recalibration potentially but again, hard to say.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
The way you said you touched him would mean that the sensors would not be broken, maybe a little damaged or as seremify said, they may need a re-calibration.

You should also have his contact by the way. He could have slammed the brake at a yellow light for all you know, which is something to argue about (you need to check first obviously).

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
Try talking to someone dealing with that, you can pretty much get misslead here on forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)