Help: BEST METHOD TO TACKLE IPT EXAM DOWN (1 Viewer)

Snowboi2k

Awesome Member
HSC
Hi everyone i was wondering on how you would approach the exam tomorow for IPT as in which sections would you do first. Im thinking of working through it in logical order.

justinchan

HSC
yep.. multiple choice first and then core topics followed by AMS and multimedia

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
If you think you're going to run out of time, then do the written stuff first then head back to the multiple choice.

If you have time, you'll be able to do them properly and if not you'll still have a 1 in 4 chance of getting some marks.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
another exam tip:

for the written questions they'll usually give you some sort of scenario before asking something.

By all means answer the question with a textbook definition, but link it back to the scenario to show that you understand it. This could mean the difference between 2/3 and 3/3 in a question.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
chronological order.

multi choice gets u fired up for the rest of the topics. gets u "geared up".

then section II and then options.

also, if u don't understand a question after a minute or two, don't answer it . write the question number on ur hand and then continue on... when you have time at the end, just write down some random bullshit if you still don't know what it's going on about.

i did that for majority of questions for trial and managed to get them right.

and people, take an educated guess at questions ... focusing on the technical components of stuff. that'll get you marks i rekkoon

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I personally always read the longer questions first- ie. the scenario ones. This way when I read through MCs, it gives me ideas for what else I can include in the scenario. Whilst you could use reading time just to blitz through the MCs... I think, just like English, it's good to read the longer essay-ish questions first as you can ponder about those in your head whilst you do other things.

Leo.M-Hubers

HSC
During the reading time i make up my mind which questions i can answer without having to stpo and think. I usually just blitz through MC in the first 5-10 minutes leaving any im not sure of for later, then do the short answer questions i checked in reading time, skipping over anything hard. then come back to the ones that need hard thought or time consuming diagrams.
works ok for me, but im still not doing that great :p maybe i shouldnt have been playing so many games in class, but then again, my teacher was a retard compared to the other classes which wasnt really fair :(

nrs1990

HSC
I'm planning to start with Section 2, then do the multiple choice, then the options. So that I can rest my probably tired hand half way through.

And I always stuff the multiple choice and do better on the long answers. So maybe I'd be better if I'm all alert and thinking and used to the IPT stuff because I get to it.

But I have no idea. This is my first HSC exam. Haven't even sat the School Certificate yet. Should be fun.

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
MAKE SURE YOU READ THROUGH THE CASE STUDIES IN THE READING TIME.... lol just had to emphasise that....

i always start with the multi choice because sometimes when you're doing the short answer, something you answered in the multis may trigger an answer or help you with the second section.

Bob.

HSC
how can you possibly think you'd run out of time in a ipt exam? the short answers is like 4 questions then a question each for the options. they give like an hour to do 20 m/c. id say it should only take you about 2 hours max.

falcon07

HSC
After you've written all your answers, go back and make sure you haven't left any out by reading over your answers and checking them off on the question booklet. Last year I decided to skip a 5 mark multimedia question and leave it for later, but I completely forgot about it and only realised 15 minutes before the end when I was checking off each question. Allow at least 3.5 lines per mark and make sure you back up any definitions with an example.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bob. said:
how can you possibly think you'd run out of time in a ipt exam? the short answers is like 4 questions then a question each for the options. they give like an hour to do 20 m/c. id say it should only take you about 2 hours max.
I was writing non-stop right until the last second.

IIRC I wrote more than 50 pages... and got 99% overall. There's always more you can write.

My approach was always- don't just answer the question, answer it in a way that if someone asked you that question, they would understand the answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)