hello?..............anybody? (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

Skillo said:
which la trobe campus are you going to?
me is off to the one in Albury.....or Albury/Wodonga........which suburb is in which state anyway?

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
DooNy_TeChY said:
am i the only person on this whole forum that'll be going here?

is there a La Trobe Uni?......I'm not being a dickhead. I just haven't heard of it before :eek:
....well...I gues I know one more uni now.

MouNtY

hahah yeah there is........it's a victorian uni.......but they've got the campus in albury or wodonga (i can't remember where exactly) that i'll be going to

MouNtY

Skillo said:
Oh ok. I live in Albury. The campus is in Wodonga (well, just outside of it). I hope you have a car. The campus is in Victoria as is Wodonga, Albury is just over the border and is in NSW.
haha are you serious? that's some major crapness right there....i've had my L's for two years and have never bothered to learn how to drive.....i've deffered for six months anyway....so maybe i can learn to drive in that time.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
haha are you serious? that's some major crapness right there....i've had my L's for two years and have never bothered to learn how to drive.....i've deffered for six months anyway....so maybe i can learn to drive in that time.
Nah. I mean, there are buses that run to and from the campus...but I just reckon it would be more easier if you had a car...cause A/W public transport ain't that reliable and everything is fairly spread out.

MouNtY

i've been to albury before, and it seems like blacktown or parra without the skyscrapers...but you're startin to make it sound like a country town in the middle the simpson...oh well it can't be that bad i guess.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
It's not that bad, it's more like Penrith without big buildings...... But yes, it's essentially a country town, a big one, but a country town none the less

MouNtY

oh well...that's alright i guess...guess the main thing is that they've got a uni and they let me in...

and just another thing, what's the nightlife in A/W?

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
oh well...that's alright i guess...guess the main thing is that they've got a uni and they let me in...

and just another thing, what's the nightlife in A/W?
Well, Albury has two unis present with three campuses. La Trobe Wodonga, Charles Sturt Albury, and Charles Sturt Thurgoona. I mean, we are not a small town (despite common misconception by many people

As for nightlife. You're talking to the right girl. Hehehe. Well, it pisses on Wagga's 'nightlife', but for a "regional centre" (that's what Albury is...not a country town) its not that bad. Wodonga is dead for nightlife...but that's a given. Everyone comes over to Albury. There is Dean St for the strip of Pubs (3 decent ones...a few little dodge ones). There is one nightclub (liquid), a english style pub with a niteclub upstairs ('The Bended Elbow'), an attempt at a retro pub but popular all the same in 'The Globe', an Irish pub with cute bar for youngins at Paddys (The Cactus Bar is out the back).

Sadly, at the beginning on this month...Albury lost The Termo. A long standing pub (and was my first watering hole on Pub Crawls) that was situated on the highway with a great beer garden. It was destroyed by fire...apparently an insurance job...lol

Then there are the smaller pubs, the Albion, Railway Hotel, Astor, the Star (haunted by students and teachers of my ex school...hehehe), Commerical Hotel, Sodens (which attracts some great bands like The Beautiful Girls, Machine Gun Fellatio) then the SSA Club and the Commercial Club...umm...okay. All pubs have a 3am lockout policy (cause the streets started to get violent towards the earlier hours) except for the Astor...only cause the Astor is about 20mins walk from the CBD and opposite Albury's largest private school! Lol.

IF drinking ain't ur thing...there is plenty of other stuff to do here.

We have Regent Cinemas (www.regentcinemas.net.au) with about 8 screens and a Gold Class. Albury's Professional Theatre company with 5 play subscription season (www.hothousetheatre.com.au) is tops. There are tonnes of restaurants, cafes, etc
There you go...thats's my tourism spiel for today.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Just found out I got a round 2 offer at La Trobe.
:eek: About 4 hours away from where I live, but I'm happy. :D

What is like up there anyway? Big or small town? Is it easy to found your way around?

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Hey Skillo.
Thanks for taking the time to find the links/info. Much appreciated. :)
However it looks like I'll be going back to Monash Gippsland this yr.

MouNtY

thanks for that skillo, albury is startin to sound good, it might not be sydney but it sounds like a good place to live; for a while anyway.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
*pokes thread*
so.... i'm going to La Trobe. Who else is? and who else lives 9 hours away and knows no one :p

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
LadyBec said:
*pokes thread*
so.... i'm going to La Trobe. Who else is? and who else lives 9 hours away and knows no one :p
I live in Albury Wodonga. It's not that bad, and if you have really big trouble getting to know people, just know that there are some Good Charlotte fans that support Labor...like me. :)

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
wow really?
and here was I thinking I was some kind of mutant freak :p
i'm actually kinda looking foreward to it now. Well actually more the moving out of home part, but ayways.

MouNtY

i'm not goin to LTU this year, i'm deffering for a year and then i'll start up agn for 2006, no wi've just gotta figure something out for this year..

hey ladybec what course are you doing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)