having a mini panic attack... (1 Viewer)

lizajane91

HSC
okay guys heres my dilemna...was looking for some english resources on the net last night for english advanced module c when i discovered that the film "The Queen" is a set text for history and memory (or wateva that topics called) anyway im doing conflicting perspectives using Geoffrey Robertson's The Justice Game and i actually have "The Queen" as a related text!! does this mean i can't use it because its a set text for the same module??
Really annoyed because i've already used it in an assessment task and the teacher didn't say anything! :cry:

MzBiiBii

HSC
okay guys heres my dilemna...was looking for some english resources on the net last night for english advanced module c when i discovered that the film "The Queen" is a set text for history and memory (or wateva that topics called) anyway im doing conflicting perspectives using Geoffrey Robertson's The Justice Game and i actually have "The Queen" as a related text!! does this mean i can't use it because its a set text for the same module??
Really annoyed because i've already used it in an assessment task and the teacher didn't say anything! :cry:
I don't think you're allowed, unless I'm mistaken.

:( that does suck. I had the same problem with extension I..last week, I found out one of my related text was a prescribed, so I changed it...

Do you know what text you could use instead?

lizajane91

HSC
yeah ive got a few ideas..its justa pain having to relearn a whole new text in like 14 days or wateva...that sucks with extension, considering it requires a hell of a lot more sophistication than advanced! what was the text you changed?

MzBiiBii

HSC
coz we're doing Romanticism, our teacher taught us coleridge, possesion nd wuthering heights

and then he goes okay i have another text

"john keats"

and he didn't mention it was prescribed, and then last week I read one of the threads...and im like :jaw:

so then i decided to do another artwork (i was already doing one) ...then i read in another thread that a student's teacher said 2 artworks counted as one text :(

so then i had to find a poem that wasn't prescribed- Blake

so yeah, the story of my life :)

rokkuguhyo

HSC
At least now, you know who to blame if you fail English. :uhhuh:

But that is really unfortunate. What would happen if you did use "The Queen" as a text? Would you get a mark of 'zero'?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
But that is really unfortunate. What would happen if you did use "The Queen" as a text? Would you get a mark of 'zero'?
Not sure. You'd be heavily penalised at the very least.

lizajane91

HSC
im not going to risk using it anyway...i found a replacement text today and i actually think its better so i suppose everything happens for a reason!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)