Have you ever won anything? (1 Viewer)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
lucky! i haven't won anything like that.
free samples from durex ;)
I enter 25 words or less competitions. That's how I won everything.

Except the $200 from Nova. That was luck. I was on air as well. Needed to rate some song for one of their segments.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
i suck at those, i never entered ever again lol

cept for this one time. when i entered in an ice cream comp. all they gave me was a crappy stamp voucher thingy.

the question was what flavour do you like. i said strawberry but i cant eat it because im allergic to the colouring and so i have to have something else like something lemony or citrusy coz i like those lol.

Last edited:

red-butterfly

HSC
i won a $50 gift voucher from sydney uni because i guessed the right amount in a chemical compound

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Here's a few tips for winning 25 WOL competitions.

1) Everyone likes to rhyme. Some judges have a preference for rhyming entries and it does work sometimes.As long as your rhyme is not shit.

2) If the question is asking for your favourite 'something' or 'someone' and why, try and avoid saying what would seem to be the most popular choice. Entries that stand out because they go against the norm will be the ones that have a higher chance of winning.

3) Be subtle. Your entry should contain a message that is implicit, not explicit. For example, I mentioned that I won some 'free samples from Durex'. I did not specifically state that 'I won thin condoms and a vibrating cock ring'(which I didnt). A subtle message will be perceived as clever and will mark you above all the other mediocre entries.

4) Try and incorporate the company/product into your response. But don't go to the point of kissing their arse just in the hopes that they will give you something. That usually doesn't work and if it does, it will be because the author of such an entry will be some unimaginative, middle-aged female who'll probably crap on about their kids.

5) Be patient. Choosing a winning entry takes time and its the best feeling to forget that you entered something only to find out later when your prize arrives in the mail that you've won.

6) Humour works. Most judges will appreciate a funny response and making them laugh will most always be a plus.

7) Avoid competitions that aren't suited for you. In other words, if you're male, think twice before entering Girlfriend or Vogue competitions.

8) Competitions where you have to make a purchase usually have a smaller pool of entries and so for you, a higher chance of winning. Depending on whether your entry is any good

9) If you suck at writing something clever, then just be honest and say something truthful. Instead of clever puns and other wordplay, a simple, truthful statement can also help you win. I mentioned before that being implicit is a good thing but saying something worthwhile directly is also considered as a decent way to win. For the record, I have won with rhymes, truthful statements, and clever wordplay.

10) Do some research. Read the terms and conditions of the competition, read about the company/product/prize and work from there.

And that's it so far.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
Here's a few tips for winning 25 WOL competitions.

1) Everyone likes to rhyme. Some judges have a preference for rhyming entries and it does work sometimes.As long as your rhyme is not shit.

2) If the question is asking for your favourite 'something' or 'someone' and why, try and avoid saying what would seem to be the most popular choice. Entries that stand out because they go against the norm will be the ones that have a higher chance of winning.

3) Be subtle. Your entry should contain a message that is implicit, not explicit. For example, I mentioned that I won some 'free samples from Durex'. I did not specifically state that 'I won thin condoms and a vibrating cock ring'(which I didnt). A subtle message will be perceived as clever and will mark you above all the other mediocre entries.

4) Try and incorporate the company/product into your response. But don't go to the point of kissing their arse just in the hopes that they will give you something. That usually doesn't work and if it does, it will be because the author of such an entry will be some unimaginative, middle-aged female who'll probably crap on about their kids.

5) Be patient. Choosing a winning entry takes time and its the best feeling to forget that you entered something only to find out later when your prize arrives in the mail that you've won.

6) Humour works. Most judges will appreciate a funny response and making them laugh will most always be a plus.

7) Avoid competitions that aren't suited for you. In other words, if you're male, think twice before entering Girlfriend or Vogue competitions.

8) Competitions where you have to make a purchase usually have a smaller pool of entries and so for you, a higher chance of winning. Depending on whether your entry is any good

9) If you suck at writing something clever, then just be honest and say something truthful. Instead of clever puns and other wordplay, a simple, truthful statement can also help you win. I mentioned before that being implicit is a good thing but saying something worthwhile directly is also considered as a decent way to win. For the record, I have won with rhymes, truthful statements, and clever wordplay.

10) Do some research. Read the terms and conditions of the competition, read about the company/product/prize and work from there.

And that's it so far.
Guess I will have to keep that in mind. :)

ColdBuffet

HSC
I've actually won from the TV show Cheese TV on two occasions. One was a small "Fistful of Aliens" prize and the other one was a vortex pack where i got about 5 vortexes and a cricket ball signed by someone (I think Brett Lee, but i dont watch cricket anyway).

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
I've actually won from the TV show Cheese TV on two occasions. One was a small "Fistful of Aliens" prize and the other one was a vortex pack where i got about 5 vortexes and a cricket ball signed by someone (I think Brett Lee, but i dont watch cricket anyway).
cheese tv was awesome, i use to watch it everyday :)

hamm0ud

HSC
N/A
I won a CheezTV competition back when I was in year 4. Remember those weekly comps where you had to call in and answer some random question? Yeah, one of those.
The prize pack included a scooter, helmet, skis for the scooter, skivvy, jacket, and a pair of sunnies. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for days. :spin:

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
I won a CheezTV competition back when I was in year 4. Remember those weekly comps where you had to call in and answer some random question? Yeah, one of those.
The prize pack included a scooter, helmet, skis for the scooter, skivvy, jacket, and a pair of sunnies. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for days. :spin:
lol so cute.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
omg i ALWAYS entered them! even when my parents were sleeping, i'd call up and secretly enter, didnt win anything :(

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
hahaha sorry omie i had to laugh.
but that is seriously one of the cutest things, that you had to secretly call up aww

hamm0ud

HSC
N/A
omg i ALWAYS entered them! even when my parents were sleeping, i'd call up and secretly enter, didnt win anything :(
HAHAHA. Same here man, I never bothered to get permission... I seriously spent a small fortune on phone calls. I remember times where I even threatened them over the phone. "YOU BETTER LET ME WIN OR ELSE". That's right, the 9 year old version of me was a straight up bad ass.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
HAHAHA. Same here man, I never bothered to get permission... I seriously spent a small fortune on phone calls. I remember times where I even threatened them over the phone. "YOU BETTER LET ME WIN OR ELSE". That's right, the 9 year old version of me was a straight up bad ass.
ahahahahahaaa omg.

hamm0ud

HSC
N/A
You can't make this stuff up, seriously. Oh boy.. the memories. Makes me feel like a young lad again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)