HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

still waiting

HSC
The_highwayman said:
i second that.

By the way, the first two books might not be as good as the others but the movies are way worse. they destroy ur imagination so that u can only imagine things in the books as the movie depicts them
i agree u have to read them first i think to fully enjoy their stories.....

transcendent

HSC
N/A
The_highwayman said:
i second that.

By the way, the first two books might not be as good as the others but the movies are way worse. they destroy ur imagination so that u can only imagine things in the books as the movie depicts them
Nah I like how the movies gave a representation of the characters physically. My main tiff is that they didn't do it scene by scene exactly as the book which is how I'd of prefered it.

Mini

relax
HSC
someone questioned fortescue the icecream dude being dragged off before... i know its a minor plot detail but one of the old Headmasters was called Fortescue - perhaps this was his son/grandson or something and thus in league with Dumbledore. It would explain why he was so helpful and kind to harry in book 3.

Other than that, I loved book 6 - snape is INNOCENT, dammit, for all the reasons posted by others - and i do believe she did go a little overboard with the ships.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
transcendent said:
Nah I like how the movies gave a representation of the characters physically. My main tiff is that they didn't do it scene by scene exactly as the book which is how I'd of prefered it.
yeah I know, they screwed the first book, I hated how they cut out all the challenges! and emma did a very bad job of that scene where she leaves harry to do his thang.....
interestingly jk thought it was exactly how she imagined it, the sets I mean, she said it was like walking into her own head...

scoby_2000

HSC
cherryblossom said:
yeah I know, they screwed the first book, I hated how they cut out all the challenges! and emma did a very bad job of that scene where she leaves harry to do his thang.....
interestingly jk thought it was exactly how she imagined it, the sets I mean, she said it was like walking into her own head...

....would you say "wow that was shit....nothing like i expected...chris columbus...wat a fucken idiot"

hehe....actuallly.....i probably would

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
im pretty sure voldemort would know if harry was a horcrux. He would definately be able to feel it.

Perhaps horcruxes could be reversed and that was what voldemort did with harry's blood in OoTP, he took back a part of his soul thus making his form more stronger than before?

jennylim

HSC
Argonaut said:
The problem with doing it scene-by-scene is that it offers nothing new for fans or outsiders, and what you see on film tends to stick in your mind when you read the books (I can't read CoS without imagining Rupert Grint's high-pitched voice for instance) which I really detest since Chris Colombus was way off what I imagined ...
haha...fortunately i never see rupert grint as ron. but when i visualise harry potter scenes, daniel radcliffe is always harry. the movies do a fairly good job, but they just don't have the life and humour that the books do (and i do not count ron-comic-relief as humour...i love ron very much and wish he wasn't maligned in the movies).

transcendent

HSC
N/A
But Ronald's always been a bit of a prat. :rolleyes: He really doesn't deserve Hermoine in both the film and the book.

scoby_2000

HSC
simmic said:
im pretty sure voldemort would know if harry was a horcrux. He would definately be able to feel it.

Perhaps horcruxes could be reversed and that was what voldemort did with harry's blood in OoTP, he took back a part of his soul thus making his form more stronger than before?

but they do feel each other!!! thats the fucking thing!

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
scoby_2000 said:
but they do feel each other!!! thats the fucking thing!
erh... i think i was trying to quote someone... but forgot... but im saying is that voldemort would definately know if harry carries part of his soul so he wouldnt be trying to kill off a part of himselve without knowing it.

jason_granger

......jd
HSC
ginny came across as a bit of a slut i reckon....i cant believe harry actually likes her...
oh harry what has become of you?

tennille

HSC
The whole Ginny/Harry relationship was a bit sudden. I mean, you don't really suspect anything until you see him getting ticked off about Dean kissing her.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
and what he smells as the effect of the love potion

kaylz

HSC
Tennille said:
The whole Ginny/Harry relationship was a bit sudden. I mean, you don't really suspect anything until you see him getting ticked off about Dean kissing her.
Oh please. He's been gagging for it and so has she.

jennylim

HSC
jason_granger said:
ginny came across as a bit of a slut i reckon....i cant believe harry actually likes her...
oh harry what has become of you?
nooo!!!! ginny's not a slut. seriously, think about it - she dates a grand total of three guys (michael corner, dean and harry) within almost three years. for a fifteen year old girl (who is popular, lively, good at sports and so pretty that even slytherins and a death eater in combat say so) that's pretty good i reckon.

and harry and ginny has been brewing for a while. even in ootp - she was the only person who could deal with harry-in-a-temper, while other people whimpered - and she was the one who comforted him in the library about sirius. of course harry would go for a girl who was gorgeous and loads of fun, who could understand him and comfort him and who liked him!

mmm - yeah...been an H/G fan for ages.

and to the person who thought ronald didn't deserve hermione - i must say, in HBP hermione annoyed me so much i couldn't see what ron saw in her!! ron might be a bit more immature and have an inferiority complex, but he's fiercely loyal, funny, dependable and lovely. if he's not as brainy as her, then (in fleur's words) hermione has brains enough for two!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)