Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Not two posts above mine, however.
and your point!!! im not going to read every thing thatgets posted either so just be nice!!!

ANYWAYS! where is this statement from about the books being sent early. Just want to know if it is a reliable source

Last edited:
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
I just have to laugh at this. Everyone's got "REAL" spoilers, but there's so many floating around that even if the real ones are out there - and let's be honest, they are - we're not going to have the books spoiled the way Book 6 was. Ironically, by telling everyone what supposedly happens, fans aren't having the books completely spoiled. Sure, the real stuff is out there, but at this point, we don't know what's real.
I've read at least three 'real' spoilers and they all happened to have come from a 'reliable' source. The thing that kills it is that there are lots of 'real' ones, and you don't know which one is the BS one. If there was only one it would have been more realistic. For all we know they're all BS! Did anyone read/hear of JKR confirming any of this?

In two days, we'll know which one is the real one, or if they're all BS :)

HSC
interesting interesting interesting

i'm not reading any spoilers and i don't go looking for harry potter on sites like wikipedia or anything where i know people are going to be trying to post potential spoilers, so hopefully i won't come across any accidently.

Still, excited by the release - hardly any time at all now!!

My maths teacher, who absolutly is obsessed with HP, thinks that because JK didn't describe a flash of green light that normally accompanies the avada kedavra curse when dumbledore died, snape didn't actually cast it, or dumbledore blocked it somehow so that it didn't hit him. Also she said normally people just crumble to the ground when killed that way, but dumbledore soared into the air and over the balcony. Therefore, she thinks it was a set up and that he isn't really dead and snape is good...never know, i suppose its possible, an interesting theory. But i can't see dumbldore living somehow...thoughts?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i've read the one malfoy loathes, and apart from the epilogue, which i agree was just horrible and uncharacteristic...the rest was actually pretty good, i felt at least

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
cute.asa.button said:
i'm not reading any spoilers and i don't go looking for harry potter on sites like wikipedia or anything where i know people are going to be trying to post potential spoilers, so hopefully i won't come across any accidently.
The Wikipedia article will be locked to everyone.
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Dumbledore is dead. JKR already already said he died.
How many ways can you describe a green flash, anyway?
mat2154 said:
anyway people from our school made like 100 copies of the spoliers and started handing them out and reading them to people
Why? I still don't understand how people get so much pleasure out of what is little more than stealing candy from a baby. Unless someone deliberately spoiled your childhood for a lark, what right do you have to do it to others.

I can't wait for someone to try it on Saturday. They're not going to be happy when the Fun Police come along.

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
How many ways can you describe a green flash, anyway?
Huh?

Someone just told me the names of two deaths :(

Hedwig and Mad-Eye

Anyone know if they're from the 'real' book?

And i heard of the:
Voldemort, Ron, and Severus all die
one as well

Last edited:

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
i am so tempted to look at that!!!! but i wont!! oh i should so stop coming on here!!1 but i cant help it

HSC
You think thats bad, the person emailed me and i looked at it, and it says more stuff:(

I swear it the one i looked at is real, i wasted these last few years for nothing!

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
I really dont think jkr would have published a book that she knew everyone would hate. I just think that everyone is better off to just take it lightly and read the actual copy of the book and see what happens. I feel sorry for you i know i would hate feeling like the last book is crap and you wasted the years. if it is crap i will be very angry and posting on here that we should all protest! But realy most of the spoilers i have read i cant remember becaus ei have just been ignorant to them. Try and forget it and see what happens when you open the book on saturday. If the first lines and chapter is the same as what you have read on the "real" leak then that sucks!

HSC
Nah man from what i know everyone seems to hate the people i like. and JKR doesnt like half the people i like-she already killed off Sirius for gods sake!

:mad1:

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
have you read the book yet or just spoilers?
just when u get the book on sat hope like hell when u open it up that the first few pages dont correspond to the "leak"

HSC
If i read the book i wouldn't be pissed off, because you are reading it in order, and you don't know what will happen until you get to that part. Whereas i got it as:

Name:dead/alive, job, future etc etc

HSC
Well it said the pages. And considering they're people JKR doesn't like...i dont know man i hope they're fake!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I don't think the 'real' one is real. On page 94 it refers to Barry Crouch. So it's either fake or badly edited.

ccc123

HSC
lisajf said:
i am so tempted to look at that!!!! but i wont!! oh i should so stop coming on here!!1 but i cant help it
Omg me too! But I can't. I dont' want to know. I'm logging off and i'm not going to communicate with anyone before 9:01 on Sat.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
glycerine said:
I don't think the 'real' one is real. On page 94 it refers to Barry Crouch. So it's either fake or badly edited.
AGREED! i think that its impossible.

Lachlan18

HSC
I told myself "I'd never look at spoilers". After all the recent spoilers, I told myself "Pft, they're all fake". Then this girl gave me a video of men (with blurry faces) supposedly working at Borders (in the USA) saying they will quit, and then holding up the ACTUAL American (final) book and filming the front cover and the copyright page. Then they precede to reveal a few main spoilers...

That Neville and Ginny die. That Dumbledore comes back - Snape is good which is why he killed him knowing he'll come back. That there is no Quidditch. Sirius's brother enters. Harry lives.

I stopped listening after there. I have no idea if this is authentic or not, but it looks genuine, much to my sadness. :( I wonder where, how, and who allowed this to happen, but it's seemingly from men who were working in a bookstore so may as well go out with a bang and quit; going out back where there a load of Deathly Hallows boxes and pick up a copy of the book. You don't see the other copies but you do see boxes with "Harry Potter (the symbol) - Do Not Open" on them.

I wrote an email to Scholastic about it, and since then, the place where the video was, has been deleted. The YouTube link was deleted because "A third party claimed it". The EbaumsWorld one was deleted after a while.

Can someone tell me if it's possible for security to seriously be that weak? If bookstores seriously have them "out back"? God, it would be easy for some gunman to lead people to the back and steal the book, so I'm trying to be optimistic and think it's fake. The cover was definitely the American one though, and the spoilers, the ones I heard up above, seriously look and seem so bloody genuine.

Did books get the book this week? It would be so much more logical to give it today or tomorrow to prevent this leak. I'm pissed off I saw it.

I don't believe the printed ones are real. I haven't read them, but from what I've heard, it has spelling errors, so it's not J.K Rowling's work. This video on the other hand, I'm fucking pessimistic and expecting it to be true.

Problem is..

Why the fuck would she kill off Neville? Hasn't that kid had enough bad luck? Hah. And aparently Ginny saves herself for Harry and kills herself. (Not in the virginity sense ;) ). Dumbledore comes back, okay, maybe. I read nothing about the Horcruxes thank God, except one comment mentioned something about Gringotts.

Stupid fucking bastards. If they're wrong, I'll hate them less though. Why do they even give the books to America? They should get it a week later because all the leaks always seem to occur there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)