Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Snaykew said:
*points to thread title*
It says "no spoilers", not "no speculation". That said, I haven't been following the other threads. And even if it is a spoiler, it's contradicting everything else that's been said.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
After all the discussion about the leaks, I thought he was referring to memory about spoilers. My bad. :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Malfoy said:
This isn't spam, but why the fuck did you guys ban Nolan? It was very heavy-handed. He was only expressing an opinion, an opinion which I share.

Look, I'm not posting any details of the book here, but I will say I thought it was fucking shit for a number of reasons. It didn't even live down to expectations, it totally shattered and destroyed any faith I might have in JKR's writing abilities. Like HBP, the romantic relationships were convoluted teen soap operas that would be totally unrealistic in the real world, and they were badly handled. There was so much fluff I thought I was in Honeydukes at times. And that's not even going into the actual plot, merely the stylistic devices and alleged character development that (didn't) occur. Characters and relationships were killed and butchered as if they meant nothing. And that is my honest opinion.

Like Nolan said, it's like taking a bath in sugar. Honestly.

Read between the lines but I'm not posting any salient plot points so there is no reason for a ban.
Are you sure you're reading the right one? It's been confirmed that there's at least three different dummy copies in circulation, which were commissioned by JKR.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
3 dummy copies?? Wow, now that is some serious security.

Wait up, maybe there are 3 different versions of the last book! One for UK, one for US, one for Australia!

Collect them all! Find the version that suits you best!

haha... would be fun, tho

-P_D

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Well, they found some guy who uploaded photos of every page. He said he didn't even like the books, but did it purely because he could. The publishers refuse to comment (typical of the; if they admit it, everyone will look for it to spoil the book but if they deny it outright, everyone will search for the other copies), but there's at least three dummy copies in addition to the genuine article. So that's four all up, but some of the confirmed dummies (take a look at the publishing informatiom, the dummy copies are incorrect) don't add up to what you've read. That measn there's either more floating around out there or some of them are simply people talking big like "Gabriel". However, that final one you've got there, Malfoy, wouldn't be the real deal.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
New York Times has just reviewed the book, and it tends to align with the leaked copy that Malfoy despises.
And a press release from Scholastic confirms numerous copies of the book have already been delivered to people in the US.

Scholastic has recently learned that some individuals have received copies of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows through the mail , beginning on Tuesday, July 17th, as a result of a breach of the on-sale agreement by the distributor, Levy Home Entertainment, and shipments made by DeepDiscount.com, a customer of that distributor. We are taking immediate legal action against DeepDiscount.com and Levy Home Entertainment. The number of copies shipped is around one one-hundredth of one percent of the total U.S. copies to go on sale at 12:01 am on July 21st.

So seriously, stop trying to convince yourself that the leaked copy is a fake. It's not. Game over.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
So seriously, stop trying to convince yourself that the leaked copy is a fake. It's not. Game over.
It's not game over until we've read spoilers or the book itself. And since I'm not stupid enough to read spoilers - I seriously doubt the book Malfoy describes as "ASS" is genuine because it sounds like a bad soap opera on crack - it won't be game over until Saturday night, which is probably when I'll have finished it.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Hey people just wanted tolet you all know that i have not read the spoilers but highly doubt that these books are real. people dont just accidently send out copies of the book a little to early! seriously they had to sign contracts and all that bull shit.
If there is 3 copies floatig around doesnt that tell you something? i think that people should stop reading spoilers, supposed books, coming on this thread (although i know its hard:)) and stop posting the spoilers for everyones else to see. even eluding to whats going to happen should be in spoiler tags. please just keep the spoilage to a minimum.

HSC
Why are there so many 'spoilers' and they're all different? Not one of those is the exact same as the other.

Who cares, you haven't read the book. You won't know what's true and what isn't until you read it. And i recall some guy reading it and saying it was one of his fav books ever. so it won't be one of these dodgy shit 'real' ones.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
lisajf said:
Hey people just wanted tolet you all know that i have not read the spoilers but highly doubt that these books are real. people dont just accidently send out copies of the book a little to early! seriously they had to sign contracts and all that bull shit.
Oh my god, are you blind or just incredibly stupid?
Scholastic has CONFIRMED that people have received books because a distributer shipped them too early.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Why are there so many 'spoilers' and they're all different? Not one of those is the exact same as the other.

Who cares, you haven't read the book. You won't know what's true and what isn't until you read it. And i recall some guy reading it and saying it was one of his fav books ever. so it won't be one of these dodgy shit 'real' ones.
I just have to laugh at this. Everyone's got "REAL" spoilers, but there's so many floating around that even if the real ones are out there - and let's be honest, they are - we're not going to have the books spoiled the way Book 6 was. Ironically, by telling everyone what supposedly happens, fans aren't having the books completely spoiled. Sure, the real stuff is out there, but at this point, we don't know what's real.

gulamali

HSC
lisajf said:
If there is 3 copies floatig around doesnt that tell you something? i think that people should stop reading spoilers, supposed books, coming on this thread (although i know its hard:)) and stop posting the spoilers for everyones else to see. even eluding to whats going to happen should be in spoiler tags. please just keep the spoilage to a minimum.
agreed, champ.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i don't really feel like reading it unless its physically in my hands. :)

and um. if you've read one which starts off as
"Harry slowly raised his head and stared morosely at the familiar visage of number four, Privet Drive. What had already been a horrible day was rapidly getting worse. "

don't worry. whoever told you it was real is a noob. it's just a fan fic called the seventh horcrux. not bad for a fan fic...
http://www.melindaleo.com/fics/tsh/

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Oh my god, are you blind or just incredibly stupid?
Scholastic has CONFIRMED that people have received books because a distributer shipped them too early.
Seriously dont be such a prick i didnt even hear about that!!! dont insult me. pathetic excuse of a person!

mat2154

HSC
i really couldn't care less about harry potter, (but its funny how worked up people get when you even talk about harry potter now) but if you read this article
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,22097551-10388,00.html
then the versions currently out are most likely to be true. anyway people from our school made like 100 copies of the spoliers and started handing them out and reading them to people

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
It has been rumoured that Bloomsbury spend over 10 million pounds on security revolving around the book, yet this has been the largest and earliest leak in the entire series

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Are You Blind Or Just Stupid The Amoung Of Money That They Spent Has Already Been Posted!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
lisajf said:
Are You Blind Or Just Stupid The Amoung Of Money That They Spent Has Already Been Posted!
Not two posts above mine, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)