hardest 4u papers (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
Here you go; it doesn't take long once you see the trick for the circle geo tho.
of course. I'm just complaining about the mark allocation. it's not in line with hsc standards.

e.g. these two questions would be 3 and 2 marks respectively in the HSC, imo if it came up

and then because each question across the board is worth less marks than it should be, more questions end up being in the test, making it a tedious and long test.

its a great challenging 3u test (not incredibly hard) but mark allocation is poor imo. and that annoys me.

I'm a conventionalist when it comes to setting trial exams - I don't get why teachers show eagerness to divert from hsc standards, traditions and conventions, when trials are supposed to be hsc-like as much as possible to give practice to students. that's why I am against setting wacko exams for trials and other assessments - for general practice, fine - but not for trials and general school assessments.

dunjaaa

HSC
There's nothing wrong with the mark allocation for those 2 questions. For (a), 1 mark for determining the gradient and 1 for finding the correct angle. Isn't (b) worth 1 mark, like it only requires modifying the numbers to use the limit.

mreditor16

HSC
There's nothing wrong with the mark allocation for those 2 questions. For (a), 1 mark for determining the gradient and 1 for finding the correct angle. Isn't (b) worth 1 mark, like it only requires modifying the numbers to use the limit.
I disagree. in the hsc, it would be 1 mark for each gradient and then 1 mark for finding angle.

and then for b), yes I agree. a 1 mark allocation is fine

however, this is just my own opinion and I am not a teacher.

EDITED - my bad for b). mistake has now been changed.

Last edited:

dunjaaa

HSC
I disagree. in the hsc, it would be 1 mark for each gradient and then 1 mark for finding angle.

and then for b) it would be 1 mark for splitting up using double angle and subsequent process. and it would be 1 mark for correct answer.

however, this is just my own opinion and I am not a teacher.
?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)