Happily registered :) (1 Viewer)

spillargroove

HSC
My opening time was a few minutes ago at 12:30. Happily enough, I was able to receive all my desired times; you should have seen the numbers though! lol I was already at my desk waiting for 12:30, the registrations opened straight away, I even used Firefox to keep things in "order". :p The numbers went so quickly, when I went back to just register all my unit's lectures, the early times were already swooped like vultures.

butterflybird

HSC
yeah holy crap! i go on 25 mins after it opens and EVERYTHING i wanted was gone :S:S and that's really screwed up coz I've got a double degree to balance out.
this just means that tomorrow when i register for law i HAVE to get the times i want otherwise my timetable just won't work.
haha i was warned i had to get in quick but i didn't think that meant within the first 2 minutes!!
ah well.. you'll get an angrier post tomorrow if i miss out on my law times :p

L

LaraB

butterflybird said:
yeah holy crap! i go on 25 mins after it opens and EVERYTHING i wanted was gone :S:S and that's really screwed up coz I've got a double degree to balance out.
this just means that tomorrow when i register for law i HAVE to get the times i want otherwise my timetable just won't work.
haha i was warned i had to get in quick but i didn't think that meant within the first 2 minutes!!
ah well.. you'll get an angrier post tomorrow if i miss out on my law times :p
it sucks but honestly - it's ur own fault :p...

you need to go on with a few minutes to spare before it opens and then open it just as it turns whatever time it is.. if you leave it late places will be gone..

if you have clashes - you can whinge to unit coordinators... but... i highly doubt that there are not ANY other classes you can fit in to... most peopel have a few that clash but it's highly unlikely you only have 1 choice so be prepared if you call unit coordintor's to be told no because as long as there are places in a class you can attend - it's just bitchy to kick someone out of a class or add you in and mess with the numbers when other's already registered..

just so you all know - a lot of classes have limits for a reason - ie there are no more tables and chairs than the numbers that have been allocated so don't expect to just be added to a class.. if there are others you can attend you will most likely be told to register in another..

Jacks

HSC
Most tutes are limited to a certain number due to OH&S regulations, so they can't go over a certain number, depending on space etc.

It took me 5 minutes to register this morning...which is sooo unusual because I'm used to waiting for hours! All you need to do is log on early and go to the unit details page. Then you can just keep checking every so often (try not to use refresh though, use the hyperlinks etc as they are far less likely to crash your system)

Logging in early is a good idea (unless everyone does the same haha) because at least you don't have problems actually logging in due to the site being at full capacity etc. If you log in though make sure that you actively use the site every couple of minutes (click on something or go to a different page within Pweb) as your session can time out if you remain inactive for a long period of time (15mins or so I think)

Good luck getting the times you want!

butterflybird

HSC
bahahah right today i staked out the tutorial registration for a good ten minutes or so...
i clicked on the tutorials i wanted the second they opened, and still i *almost* missed out! because it kept coming up with error messages.. i guess coz the system was overloaded
still... the first seminars for my law units sold out in 4 minutes.. impressive.
i'm just glad my computer clock was in synch with the UWS clock :S
its a cut-throat world out there hahah

L

LaraB

butterflybird said:
bahahah right today i staked out the tutorial registration for a good ten minutes or so...
i clicked on the tutorials i wanted the second they opened, and still i *almost* missed out! because it kept coming up with error messages.. i guess coz the system was overloaded
still... the first seminars for my law units sold out in 4 minutes.. impressive.
i'm just glad my computer clock was in synch with the UWS clock :S
its a cut-throat world out there hahah
after 1st year it gets better.. just coz 1st year everyone's overly enthusuastic and logs in and refresh's the page over and over and over again..

after 20 minuts - my law unit, none of them are full yet.

one has 5 left, the o thers all have about 20+ left

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i was on it at 12:30 ready to register. and it the site was full i couldnt get on til 12:36. I GOT THE LAST SPOT IN THE TUTE I WANTED! hahahahahh i am so so lucky.

i fucken hate having to register through four schools. i got another unit to register for at 3. 15 mins!!!! i hope to god i can get these times coz if i dont get this tute, i have no other alternative!!

spillargroove

HSC
LaraB said:
after 1st year it gets better.. just coz 1st year everyone's overly enthusuastic and logs in and refresh's the page over and over and over again..
People probably did. As I said that I was registering right when the clock was 12:30pm, it did take me about 10 seconds before I reached the actual time choice. Luckily the system was good.

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
heheh just had 3:00 rego todaty for accounting

The server was so busy, tute reg page loaded at 3:11

I was going crazy in those 11 minutes, i broke 3 pens a plastic ruler and a vase.

I got the time i wanted though. i consider myself damn damn lucky cause the other 2 times i registered, after the 10 minute mark all the good times wud be taken.

1 more tute reg left :( :bomb: :burn: :mad1:

Jiga

You should really get online and log in 5minutes before it opens, and then refresh until it opens. Also, dont get in to early like 10mins cos then you can be timed out (Learnt that last year, had to wait 2 weeks till someone left the tute luckily).

I was going crazy in those 11 minutes, i broke 3 pens a plastic ruler and a vase.

I got the time i wanted though. i consider myself damn damn lucky cause the other 2 times i registered, after the 10 minute mark all the good times wud be taken.
Yeah, I think its dum how you can have two units at the same time, the server gets way overloaded... luckily I logged in 5mins early but even then there were times were I thought it had frozen on me.

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
You should really get online and log in 5minutes before it opens, and then refresh until it opens. Also, dont get in to early like 10mins cos then you can be timed out (Learnt that last year, had to wait 2 weeks till someone left the tute luckily).

Yeah, I think its dum how you can have two units at the same time, the server gets way overloaded... luckily I logged in 5mins early but even then there were times were I thought it had frozen on me.

Yeah thats what i did, i logged in at 2:57ish and loaded up the page that has all your units listed, and then when the clock hits 3 i click on the unit. But it just wudnt load. And being capped on broadband doesnt help either :(

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
School_Burger said:

1 more tute reg left :( :bomb: :burn: :mad1:
lol i would have had to have been the first person to register for that unit. i made sure the page was there the second it opened.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
omgozorz....the 10am one today is open.....at 10.00 it was in full capacity, won't let me check my stuff :((( mine is at 12.30...really getting scared lol pple.....is there a difference between using IE and firefox? is any one faster than the other at tut rego?

klh

HSC
YEah Jacks, I certainly agree with you...its uncannily spooky that i got what i want [except a few niggles] and Im finished in 5 minutes. A trick also is to use the back button after you've finished with the registering of a class, click back to the unit selection page to get to antoher unit rather than clicking the links, it takes a bit of a while. Altough it loads a bit more slower, its much more reliable than way back when.

Im actually trying to sign out but it wont let me! Ah, if it let me out and you in Sparkl3z, wouldnt that be great...why they are limiting those who get out is beyond me...

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
ehehe i'm logged in now klh....i think i'm going to stay logged in until 12.30pm..lol.....can't risk my times...too many unit clashes to deal with!

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
School_Burger said:
Yeah thats what i did, i logged in at 2:57ish and loaded up the page that has all your units listed, and then when the clock hits 3 i click on the unit. But it just wudnt load. And being capped on broadband doesnt help either :(
yeah, but if you keep clicking on stuff every few minutes to keep it alive, and refreshing it before tut reg wiill :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)