hamlet questions (1 Viewer)

isnice

HSC
so..

any of you like to please share what types of questions you guys got for hamlet in the mid years?

++ rep for those who reply (omg repz!!!!)

jet

Banned
HSC
We didn't have to do it in our half-yearlies, but there is a good chance that they will come from the past HSC papers and the king lear questions. The two I have done so far are:

Ultimately, in this Shakespearean Drama, it is the representation of intense human relationships that captivates audiences.

Explore the representation of at least ONE intense human relationship in Hamlet, evaluating its significance in the play as a whole.

and

To what extent has your personal response to Hamlet been shaped by the enduring power of Shakespeare’s characterisation of the character of Hamlet?

Support your evaluation with a close analysis of TWO key extracts from Hamlet.

Those should be the types of questions you should expect.

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
Ultimately, in this Shakespearean Drama, it is the representation of intense human relationships that captivates audiences.

Explore the representation of at least ONE intense human relationship in Hamlet, evaluating its significance in the play as a whole.
How did you approach this question?

I'm considering not toally agreeing with it. The themes seem to have more of affect on the audience as well as Hamlets character alone.

But.. This question is eating me alive. If you feel comfortable sharing, could you help me out?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The themes seem to have more of affect on the audience as well as Hamlets character alone.
Although Hamlet's internal suffering accounts for a lot of the themes of the play.

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
Yes, To a certain degree,
It would be stupid to completely disagree with it, but it would be possible I supose..

My teacher is expecting us not to just take it how it is,

It states that ultimately it is the representation of intense human relationships that captivate audiences...

But ultimately, I see it more as an blend of both the fervid relationships and Hamlets internal diaglouge that captivates audiences.

but.. I dont know, there is so much packed into this play its hard to comprehend.

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
To what extent has your personal response to Hamlet been shaped by the enduring power of Shakespeare’s characterisation of the character of Hamlet?

Yeah - that's the essay assignment at Oakhill College at the moment...

hpkathy

HSC

- yeahh thats the assi qs im doing atm i seriously dnt no wer to start
any opinions on which extracts to choose? :)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

- yeahh thats the assi qs im doing atm i seriously dnt no wer to start
any opinions on which extracts to choose? :)
OMG, we did that exact same qu at the end of last term at our school...

kara42

HSC

This is what I'm doing now. Any tips?

funkinawesome

HSC
In his essay ‘Hamlet and His problems’ Essays on Poetry and Criticism (1922), T.S Eliot, a renown poet and critic stated that :

“Few critics have ever admitted that Hamlet the play is a primary problem and that Hamlet the character only secondary…”

Is this a fair assessment of Shakespeare’s work or does it hold greater validity or different significance for more contemporary readers? How does this view either support or detract from your own close and personal reading/engagement of/with the text? Compose a personal reflection.

So thats the question i got. i hate the personal reflection bit. any ideas for it would be good

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
Our assessment Q is:

"An admirable text does not define or exahust its possibilities"
What possibilities do you see in Shakespeare's Hamlet?
Discuss your ideas with close reference to at least two scenes from Hamlet.

how shit...

georgetta

HSC
Our assessment Q is:

"An admirable text does not define or exahust its possibilities"
What possibilities do you see in Shakespeare's Hamlet?
Discuss your ideas with close reference to at least two scenes from Hamlet.

how shit...

Hey there. this one gives you so much freedom, which can make it difficult. I don't know if you've already done the assessment...but, the way I would attack it is; first make summaries. Write down every single thing you think Shakespeare is about. Then pick about 4. You can include other themes under the umbrella of the top 4, but they are the four things you think Hamlet is about. They are your possibilities. So all you have to do then, is talk about them, how they are what Hamlet is about - contrasting each one, constantly talking about Hamlet isn't just about one thing, but can be interpreted in many ways (as shown by the fact you have 4 possibilities)

lol. at the same time as making sure you are talking about key scenes! Gah. they want so much from ussssss =[

but, i hope thats helpful. I don't know if its the right way, but its how we've been taught. Im hoping ill get a similar question next week!

The other questions really throw me off! What are the markers ultimately looking for in our responses??

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
We didn't have to do it in our half-yearlies, but there is a good chance that they will come from the past HSC papers and the king lear questions. The two I have done so far are:

and

Those should be the types of questions you should expect.
These are the kind of questions I got.

Just go look at the HSC past papers, go to the king lear section and replace the words "King Lear" with "Hamlet". Those are the kind of questions you'll get.

Chooch

HSC
My Hamlet assessment questions was:

"Considering a text from different perspectives develops an appreciation of its textual integrity"
Do you agree?
Respond to this question through detailed refrence to your prescribed text.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
My Hamlet assessment questions was:

"Considering a text from different perspectives develops an appreciation of its textual integrity"
Do you agree?
Respond to this question through detailed refrence to your prescribed text.
How did you approach this question Chooch?

coffeecandle

HSC
"For more than 3 centuries, critical studies of Hamlet have challenged us with a rangfe of perspectives from which we can read and understand the intense personal relationships which are at the core of Hamlet.

What have you come to understand about these relationships of Hamlet? How has this understanding been affected by the perspective of others?"

We're meant to do this during the holidays, I haven't started. Procrastination ftw.... sigh :(

katzenjammer

HSC
we did the listening test, we got given one of Hamlet's soliloquies, the one where he was sledging himself for being such a horrible procrastinator.

"The appeal of a text lies not only in its ideas but also in the ways it is crafted. This appeal can shift and change in time”
By incorporating a discussion of the scene you have just listened to, discuss by what means Shakespeare has illuminated the destructive effects of ‘revenge’ in Hamlet.

and yes the question is quite specific, so probably not the best thing when practicing for an exam of which you have no idea what the question will be....

zarlaya11

HSC
How did you approach this question?

I'm considering not toally agreeing with it. The themes seem to have more of affect on the audience as well as Hamlets character alone.

But.. This question is eating me alive. If you feel comfortable sharing, could you help me out?
It doesnt make sense because it is an adapted question of King Lear from last year. So yes, I would say its a weird question, as, in my opinion, most of the problems of the play are a result of Hamlets internal conflict.
--E

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)