hallllllllo???? (1 Viewer)

oranGez

King Jeremy the WiCKED++
HSC
this board iz so dead..... do u wanna liven it up a bit?? how boutz we only write in german? make it more interestin n also brush up on our skills while we're at it ^^

ps. i hav a feeling no1z gonna reply 2 this.......................

lil bunny

hey:)

thought i wuld reply just cause you said no one would.
I am doing beginners german for yr 12 this yr how about you? beginners or continuers?:D

jessum

HSC
i did continuers by correspondence in yr 11... man it was terrible. so i gave up german. schade

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
I did german for the SC
dunno why
maybe it was to read the funny cartoons at the beginning of every 'feuerwerk' chapter :)

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
wir hatten auch feuerwerk. Jetzt bin ich in der 12. klasse lol bored of that - im doin german continuers - i really like it - we were lucky we got to go on an exchange for 2 weeks to germany in sep hols last yr :)

chepas

HSC
i used gute reise for 2 weeks before i gave up and went to do german beg through correspondance cos everyone but me dropped it in the first week!. then we used the Deutsch Heute book for the prelim course. the people were all so bland, but from what i remember in gute reise it was a tad sadder and worse.

Also, wieviele Leute machen den "German Beg"?

aussie_rocks

does anyone else find what the tell u to study for speakin exams extreemly vague?
and a) does anyone watch extra
b) funkyzeit mit bruno' on ali g?

chepas

HSC
Speaking exams - they haven't told us what to study - just everything, which I spose is vague.

U mean that 'Extra: German!" show with that american guy and someone called sasha? omg that is the personification of sadness, but good little german vocabs and stuff. they have exactly the same show except it's called "Extra: French!" for french learners, same plots, sets, props, just different language. now that is effective budgeting, or just very cheap!

showing my ignorance - funkyzeit mit bruno is a group or soemthing?

Elliot III

I watch Inspector Rex, but I get too involved with the story line that I forget I'm watching to improve my vocab and listenining skills!!!

chepas

HSC
Hey how mad is this. Mate of mum's just came back from Germany and actually bought me back some Dr. Seuss in German! It's cool! I've never been able to find it anywhere on the net. Here's "Der Kater mit Hut":

Es war trb und kalt.
Wir konnten nicht raus,
Guckten nur auf den Regen
Am Fenster im Haus.

Da sa ich mit Sally.
Wir beide allein.
Ich sagte: "Jetzt drauen spielen,
Das wre fein!"

Naja, nett oder was?
Chpas :D

Last edited:

illin

Ill factor
HSC
Chepas!
doin German too eh? I do french and German but ill prob drop german 4 HSC, way too hard although im getting A's and B's, my french is awesome, might do extension, almost fluent but how hard is german...
with the sentence structures and all that other shit
so hows German every1? coping?
haha Auf Wiedersehen!!

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by illin
but how hard is german...
with the sentence structures and all that other shit
Amen. See my other thread on genders. I hate them. In ger its worse with the other one! Damn neuters.

If you're doing so well in German might keep going, eh? But if you're losing the passion... 'Awesome French' calls for awesome study of it (wtf? great sentence).

Mmm. But still. Go German!

But what's this Inspector Rex about?

chepas

HSC
lol?

Mmmm. Now for something completely different (hurray Monty Python segue)...

I listened to the German programme on the SBS radio today and that Christian Frhliche (name?) host was on - the Swiss accent sounds like he's had too much sugar! Then there's that weird "Let's Go Deutsch" Thursday nights, and half the thing is in Schwyzerdtsch. Funny :lol: Even funnier is that song that they have as the intro/some other filler thing during the show. Goes something like

GERMANS - they do like there ladies
GERMANS - in their elegent Mercedes.

It's soooo sad it's hilarious. So many big German stereotypes in one little ditty :rofl:

(mmm.. just learnt more smileys.)

Last edited:

illin

Ill factor
HSC
So what is with you chepas? you fluent in both French and german? That's pretty good! but still...how hard is german, genders, sentence structure and the cases like Nominative, Accusative, Dative and Genetive... honestly french is sooooo much easier...but then again it might be just me?
and inspector rex is good in the sense it has a plot and you can follow it easily and pick up some german along the way...
and one more thing:
what are you guys doing in German at the moment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)