Guys and The Chase (1 Viewer)

kirstend

If a guy is interested in a girl, will he keep pursuing her until he "gets" her (provided that the girl has shown some signals but not concrete signals), or would his interest sway if he sees someone prettier/better?

Also, do guys tend to like a girl who is a challenge, as in slightly aloof (ie. doesn't run up to them at uni and wave hi everytime), busy with their own lives and friends rather than someone who pursues them? My friend said that the longer the chase, the more the guy wants the girl, is this true?

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I'd say it depends on how much he's interested, but most guys are not interested in girls who play hard-to-get.

If you are interested in a guy who likes you, go for it. Don't act shy and ignore him on purpose, because that's downright annoying.

This thread is just about identical to what you're asking. Go look.

ioniser

HSC
personally when you play hard to get to some extent the guy will like you more but it can also piss guys off(80 percent of the time) as we cannot pick up your signals no matter how easy you make your signals to be,which then just leads us to thinking your not interested and just leave

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
kirstend said:
If a guy is interested in a girl, will he keep pursuing her until he "gets" her (provided that the girl has shown some signals but not concrete signals), or would his interest sway if he sees someone prettier/better?

Also, do guys tend to like a girl who is a challenge, as in slightly aloof (ie. doesn't run up to them at uni and wave hi everytime), busy with their own lives and friends rather than someone who pursues them? My friend said that the longer the chase, the more the guy wants the girl, is this true?
errr....each guy is different, so go to the link dreamerish provided and im sure you'll get most

also, as she said, if you like him and he's chasing, dont run. He will lose interest. My god girl, we can be kept entertained by a CD reflecting the sun being twirled by the breeze.

kirstend

Ok there are WAY too many contradictions and it's confusing! You want a girl to cut the chase and tell you how you feel, but then guys get repulsed by girls who are too eager, desperate or don't give them much of the chase?!

Guys say they want girls to be independent, have own lives, be mysterious but then it ends up as mixed signals??

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
if you want it simply, be nice, if he lieks you and you like him, tell him. You dont need to chase/be chased etc etc we all live happily ever after

different guys will have different views, like girls, we all differ

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
kirstend said:
Ok there are WAY too many contradictions and it's confusing! You want a girl to cut the chase and tell you how you feel, but then guys get repulsed by girls who are too eager, desperate or don't give them much of the chase?!

Guys say they want girls to be independent, have own lives, be mysterious but then it ends up as mixed signals??
Can't you do the maths? *Slaps forehead*

Maybe a happy medium will do the trick.

Tell the guy how you feel, but don't say it ten times in two minutes.

And "guys" won't do. Generalisations will get you nowhere. If you want a guy, you would have gotten to know him first, then you'll be able to figure out what type of person he is, and what type of girl he likes. It might sound shocking, but everyone has different tastes. ;)

Just because Mr. A likes independent, Mr. B likes mysterious and Mr. C likes desperate (God knows why) - does not mean "guys" like mysterious, desperate and independent girls (they don't exist!).

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
its not like the male "species" is hard to understand, i hate it when girls do that. think if you were the chaser, what would you want?

we're human beings and there is only so much we can tolerate.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There has to be some concrete signals or I'm likely to go after the next pretty girl that walks past.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
hmm i like the chase. When i liked my ex, i told him all teh time that i liked him, and how spunky he was, then i finally asked him out, for real, and obviously, we went out, but during that time, it felt like we were just friends, and i realised, i really only liked him for the chase.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
shellybelly087 said:
hmm i like the chase. When i liked my ex, i told him all teh time that i liked him, and how spunky he was, then i finally asked him out, for real, and obviously, we went out, but during that time, it felt like we were just friends, and i realised, i really only liked him for the chase.
Yeah, sometimes you go for someone wondering if you have the ability of making them fall for you. Then when they do (or don't), your question is answered and you move on, realising you weren't interested at all in having a relationship.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Girls who are a challenge are great, that way its so much more fun when you seduce/kidnap them. No one wants a limp body, well...thats another topic altogether..

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I love the girls that feign interest to be "polite" (thus leading the guy on) and then bitch to their friends about the "creepy guy" that they can't seem to shake.

HSC
kirstend said:

I dunno about you, but i'd rather have a guy who doesn't go pathetic and obsessive over one girl and keep stubbornly chasing her.

I mean, flirting is one thing. Playing 'hard to get' is another, and in my opinion its a bit dated and sounds like something my dad would tell me to do.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, theyre the best to stalk, jokes on them when you're in their wardrobe hiding...while they undress....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
whiterabbit said:
I dunno about you, but i'd rather have a guy who doesn't go pathetic and obsessive over one girl and keep stubbornly chasing her.

I mean, flirting is one thing. Playing 'hard to get' is another, and in my opinion its a bit dated and sounds like something my dad would tell me to do.
Just like not cheating and being loyal to one person i bet

HSC
AsyLum said:
Just like not cheating and being loyal to one person i bet
Oh noes, i'd better get myself to confession.

Especially because he knew and was fine with it, i mean, how disloyal of me for going ahead with something presented to him beforehand to which he didn't disapprove.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)