Guitar anyone? (1 Viewer)

Shmacka

Toongabbie, Sydney, NSW, Australia, Earth, Galaxy,
HSC
Auto Wah said:
this is what you gonna do, you start off with easy songs like "about a girl" by Nirvana, when you've mastered that, you get the idea of timing in a song and you can sing and play any song.

Personally the hardest song to sing and play that i've come across is Stairway to heaven. But after about an hour of practise you can still nail it.
Dude, i need to learn how to play STH before i even think about singing it. I can play the chorus, and thats it lol.

Jase

HSC
Dont worry, stairway is a pretty simple song once you've heard it countless times.. break it up into segments that just repeat. and just keep practicing.

I think the hardest to sing ive ever come across is stuff by Metallica, like really, how does Hetfield play those metal riffs while singing something with such energy?
That, and of course those songs where male singers go "no-balls mode" e.g. Yellow, anything by Queen. Smells like teen spirit, i just don't know how Kurt does it. His voice is so cool too.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
and Muse, (Matt bellamy) he can nearly sing higher than me!

Auto Wah

Jase said:
I think the hardest to sing ive ever come across is stuff by Metallica, like really, how does Hetfield play those metal riffs while singing something with such energy?
That, and of course those songs where male singers go "no-balls mode" e.g. Yellow, anything by Queen. Smells like teen spirit, i just don't know how Kurt does it. His voice is so cool too.
Metallica riffs are easy to play, then again, if you practice a lot anything is easy to play.
I just think metallica songs are relatively harder to sing. I spend ages trying to sing Fade to Black and i just couldn't do it, it sounds weird. The guitar parts are piss easy to play. I can play that and study school work at the same time.
Nirvana songs are relatively easy to sing once you get the pattern, you have to listen carefully and found the pattern that you are comfortable with so you can play and sing at the same time without having your rthyme hijacked.

Auto Wah

Shmacka said:
Nirvana is pretty simple. Metallica though is a bit weird. My problem is my fingers. They arent the biggest and sometimes i have trouble with strength and stretching.
well, there's no shortcuts, you play until you bleed your fingers dry. That's how you improve dramatically. Also try use your Pinky when you play guitar, most guitarist don't use it and your pinky become lazy and weak. Practise with your pinky will save you a lot of effort when you get used to it.

Johnno_Tez

Been playing for 9 years. Last song I learnt was -

Always With Me,Always With You - Joe Satriani

I didn't start using my pinky untill a year or two ago, got very lazy ;)

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I play my guitar, and pluck my strings. *cough* metaphor *cough*.

I rewrote Ronan Keating's "When You Say Nothing At All" song so that the song described a moron talking to a brick wall, and his subsequent socking by the student collective. Mwhahaha. Year 12 Concert rocked.

Cecilia

HSC
hmm

I'm new around these parts *waves*
I play, but i suck...

Jase

HSC
*waves back*

ahha did you perform the song about the moron talking to a brick wall to your class?

I'm sorry, i don't understand your metaphor Komaticom, are you implying that you are in fact, a walking talking 5 foot 7 guitar who posts on an internet forum? Because that would be totally wack, you crazy mutant instrument.

Cecilia

HSC
*waves back to Jase's wave*

This waving has to stop...lol

Anyone here like Bright Eyes????

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Yeah, I play, but my band is so unmotivated, I prefer just playing my acoustic and singing with my friend.

Last song I learnt was "Stairway to Heaven".

flynn

i am trying to learn guitar but it feels hopeless because i have an acoustic with a 3/4 downscaled fretboard, but have upscaled hands, i find it impossible to make a chord without interfering with the strings i don't want to touch.

woe is me

Jase

HSC
just keep practicing. everything is frustrating until you learn to merge with the flow of worldy order. that is.. until you get better. through practice of course. feel the guitar.. feel the frets.. feel the strings.. and become a glorious unity.

Don't give up! i want to learn violin but everyone is against it saying ooo its gonna be hard .. oo .. you suck.. oo.. but im still gonna buy one once i have a couple of hundred dollars. damn why are they so damn expensive!.

adsta

HSC
Yeah, I've been playing for around 13 years now. I started practicing pretty hardcore for a year after the HSC (around 6-8 hours a day). I was able to play 30 seconds worth of flight of the bumblebee (even 30 seconds is a lot of notes). Since going to uni, I don't get much time to practice, the only time I really play is when I'm teaching. But I'm on 3 months holiday now, so might get back into it.

wanton-wonton

HSC
Jase said:
jase, you are great :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)