Grindcore (1 Viewer)

VicerExciser

HSC
Anyone like the Daughters album 'Canada Songs'? The drums bass and guitar are sexy as fuck, though I really don't like Alexis's screams.

Their other big album: 'Hell Songs' probably couldn't be called grind anymore, they redefined their sound, and now, I can't find a genre they fit neatly into, which is great :]

Also, the singers new stle is fantastic!
been a daughters fan since i was like 15, canada songs is a furious album but their latest stuff is still good. the new S/T album is also pimp as hell.

meeatu

HSC
been a daughters fan since i was like 15, canada songs is a furious album but their latest stuff is still good. the new S/T album is also pimp as hell.
Yeah, me too man.
But I gotta say, despite how many old-school fans think that Alexis and his new vocal style have killed the band, I reckon their new sound is fucking amazing.

I'm still undecided about the new album.
It seems a little forced.
and I'm not sure pure tonality was the right way to go for them.
I like the inclusion of big chords, it's fun to have that texture thrown into a daughters album, as it's not something the guitarists unique style of playing really allowed for, but from the two tracks on their myspace, it sounds like they've overdone it a little. Like, they lost the cool layering and spazzy pseudo-melodies of Hell Songs, the sexy drumming of Canada songs (that continued a little over to hell songs). Idk... this record is more ambient, and more memorable, and stuff. But I feel a little cheated by it. I had such high expectations, and they seem to have produced a record that: although it's still damn fine, it doesn't feel like it has the energy of canada songs, the feel of Hell Songs, or the organised chaos of either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)