Greetings (1 Viewer)

tymask

HSC
Hi there, im ono
Im a first year student in ASB. Is it really that dificult in first year? and can i actually find a casual job cos the timetable is kinda free.
cheers

kaaleng

in a world of her own
HSC
Difficulty is contingent on the level of effort you're willing to put in, and also your level of expectations. Is this your first or second semester? If it's your first, see how you go with the workload for a few weeks, and then decide for yourself if you want a casual job. Keep in mind that ASB subjects become progressively more difficult (technically and conceptually) and time-consuming (generally requiring more research-based assessment) in 2nd and 3rd year.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Oddly enough I found it the other way around- harder at first but then progressively got easier as I got more into the swing of things, enjoying and appreciating course content, developed good study habits, did my readings (out of fear of failing perhaps?) and started joining the dots between different subjects. In my final year I was balancing full time uni with full time work yet marks-wise, it was my best year by a considerable margin.

kaaleng

in a world of her own
HSC
Oddly enough I found it the other way around- harder at first but then progressively got easier as I got more into the swing of things, enjoying and appreciating course content, developed good study habits, did my readings (out of fear of failing perhaps?) and started joining the dots between different subjects. In my final year I was balancing full time uni with full time work yet marks-wise, it was my best year by a considerable margin.
I suppose it depends when you completed your core courses. Last semester I took MGMT1001 as a free option, which is now one of the core courses for Commerce. This year, in accordance with the changes to the structure of B.Comm, the course was completely revamped by placing a much larger emphasis on academic research. Both assignments, a 1000-word essay (15% weight) and a 2500-word reflective report (30% weight), required a minimum of 4 and 6 academic references, respectively, in addition to the weekly readings of 1-2 textbook chapters AND 1-2 journal articles. To ensure students read all the material, there were 4 spot homework collections at random times during the semester - a total of 10% weight if fully completed. The questions often asked to 'summarise the argument by (author) et al.', leaving us no choice but to download and read the 20-page journal articles. Many first-year students in my tutorial class found this rather daunting and particularly time-consuming.

ninjapuppet

HSC
N/A
yeh i found 1613 one BITCH of a subject since all of it was new to me. looking back now, it isnt that hard compared to 3rd year subjects but when i did it i really struggled and had to read things over and over again to get it.

Like seremify i found the later subjects like 2624 and 3635 much more enjoyable and studied much more efficiently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)