Graduate Statistics? (1 Viewer)

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
I'm looking for UNSW ones similar to the USyd ones just released (check USyd board).
I found this Graduate Destination Survey thing but you have to be a member of UNSW to see it. Sorta stupid, because I wanna see this in order to make a decision on what I want to do at UNSW... Anyway, is there something else somewhere that people know about? I particularly wanna know like, percentages of graduates going on to full-time employment/further study/etc., but anything you can give me would be appreciated.

ohne

HSC
That survey is very interesting thanks for bringing it up. Basically it shows that in most degrees offered by the Faculty of Arts and Social Science/COFA most people end up in areas like sales, customer service etc. stuff that doesn't have much to do with their degree. Most other areas almost everyone ends up working in the same area that they studied in.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
no these surveys are absolutely useless, there are hundreds of graduates each year in each faculty and in the lists you only see a hand full of those people
the hand full which you do see are people who bother to fill in the survey, which are people who usualy end up with good jobs, where as if you want to see the reality that's not going to happen because no one is going to fill in that they are working as a casual data entry person after completing a commerce (actuarial) degree and getting full part one exemptions...
which is the case of someone i actually know

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Affinity: if you can be a casual data entry person, what will the rest of us become??

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If people are interested in joining the Big4 accounting firms- there's an article in BRW from a few years back (search on BoS for the forum post) about "Graduate" and where they end up. Apparently UNSW is the preferred uni?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's not really the "preferred" uni, no uni is.
The fact is simply that the Big4 hire more UNSW grads than from any other uni (not simply because they prefer UNSW)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Shawny said:
what would u do

join the army

or become an accountant for life?
The latter =P

And based on http://www.hays.com.au/salary/pdfs05/Accountancy.pdf ... I stand by my choice. Great site btw- whilst some of the stuff they have there is pretty accurate (ie. Senior Acct matches my sister's salary)... others such as "School-Leavers"... Most of my mates and I who are school-leavers are receiving a bit less than what they think is the average- even the top person I know (at our level) is receiving less than what they reckon (for Sydney) >_> We're getting jilted!! jkjk.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)