gotta buy a laptop (1 Viewer)

HSC
anyone have good not super pricey laptop suggestions that'll last me for this final year and into uni?

- would like it to be touch screen, and foldable (not an ipad.)
- currently using a HP and their battery life is bad imo, but idk if that's the issue with all of them
- probably not going into tech so no need for those types of laptop but you never know

but also not a macbook, i hate those

cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: pea

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
anyone have good not super pricey laptop suggestions that'll last me for this final year and into uni?

- currently using a HP and their battery life is bad imo, but idk if that's the issue with all of them
- probably not going into tech so no need for a heavy duty type of laptop but you never know

cheers
macbook pro 40 inch

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC

- probably not going into tech so no need for those types of laptop but you never know

cheers
battery life and weight are pretty big factors so I would have suggested a mac until the last line.
Also, ipads r so good esp in uni they are a beast (i hear) so yeah

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC

cheers
which hp do you have?

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC

cheers
You need an i9 11th gen, RTX 4090, 1 petabyte of ram, nvme ssd w/ 8 petabytes and rgb in order to increase performance.

aulinia

HSC
battery life and weight are pretty big factors so I would have suggested a mac until the last line.
Also, ipads r so good esp in uni they are a beast (i hear) so yeah
Vouch! I really love my iPad, it’s easy to use and carry around. If you get a keyboard with it then it’s basically a mini laptop and it’s super easy to get work done

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I have both a macbook pro and a hp (envy x360)

You can't really go wrong with either, macbook pros are expensive though

kkk579

hello
HSC
hi y'all ✨ welcome to my ✨ aesthetic medicine study blog | study with me
jokes aside ipads seem to save so much space n stuff but if u need to do stuff with multiple applications simultaneously don't get a tablet of any kind
you can try the Yoga laptops from ASUS if you want to avoid HP -- i don't really know any other touchscreen laptops
microsoft surface laptops r touchscreen and decent

kkk579

hello
HSC
Good thing about microsoft surface chargers though is that they aren't like clicked into the charging port ifyk what i mean so if you accidentally somehow drag the cable the whole laptop doesnt end up flying off the table

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
literally everyone i know that had/has a surface has had at least one charging issue 💀
I am currently on a surface atm and can confirm it has a charging issue. I have to keep it on battery saver at all times for it to last three hours.

Also the charger glows blue when it's plugged in. This gets very annoying when I just want sleep.

kkk579

hello
HSC
I am currently on a surface atm and can confirm it has a charging issue. I have to keep it on battery saver at all times for it to last three hours.

Also the charger glows blue when it's plugged in. This gets very annoying when I just want sleep.
Bruh mine glows white, I just put it my laptop case and close it or put bluetack over the glowing part so I dont see it

Also when Aeonium said charging issue i thought he meant an issue with the actual charger but if you are referring to this I agree the surface laptop has a shitty battery life or that could just be bcuz i have 1,000,000 tabs open at a time with max brightness

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Bruh mine glows white, I just put it my laptop case and close it or put bluetack over the glowing part so I dont see it

Also when Aeonium said charging issue i thought he meant an issue with the actual charger but if you are referring to this I agree the surface laptop has a shitty battery life or that could just be bcuz i have 1,000,000 tabs open at a time with max brightness
No, it just the surface pro. The only reason I have one is cause that's the one my school provides. Idk why any independent human being would pay $1349 for a computer that spies on you, with the battery life of a Commodore 64, and can't run the desktop version of Microsoft teams or Minecraft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)