Got a question about cars? (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
And if its in first then you can shave oh half a second off the start time lol

S13WPN

HSC
lmao at the news last night :D did anyone else see that wrx video that daddyk posted up a lil while ago?? after recent events i swear that came straight from here bwahahaha

SlipStream

HSC
Cantebury News said:
CHRISTCHURCH, NZ, 19 October

A 21 year old Christchurch man appeared in court this afternoon charged with reckless driving - all because he posted pictures of himself driving recklessly on the internet.

Christchurch Police received numerous complaints from New Zealand and overseas when the pictures of the driver and vehicle performing by racer type offending on a public street, appeared on a web page, says Inspector Derek Erasmus.

"As a result we made inquiries into the incident," he says. "Members of the public recognised the street and police were able to track down the owner of the car through the registration seen on the internet and identified the driver through analysis of the film on the internet."

The video showed burnt outs and loss of traction, spinning and all sorts of behaviour that was of danger to other road users. It ended with the vehicle crashing on the side of the road.

"Other cars could be seen passing by," says Derek Erasmus. "He was the author of his own demise. If you perform a criminal act, we shall pursue you."

NB'
He pleased guilty at first appearance and was disqualified from driving for 9 months, and received 120 hours community work.

One of the complainants wrote;
'People like this are stupid & irresponsible, after all they filmed this and put it on the net, I feel sorry for the person in the other car that must have got a hell of a fright, I think that they should be taught a lesson, thanks in advance for your time.'

Another wrote;
`It's of some guys in a wrx doing some stupid acts of driving here in Chch and I know exactly where the video was taken. They end up crashing and you can get a good i.d of the number plate. I was wondering if you can get these guys for anything, as these are the muppets that make legit wrx owners like myself have a hard time in the public eye.'
What a dumbo. Can't drive. Doesn't understand his own car. And obviously not too bright by putting it on the internet for everybody to see, without blurry the plates, let alone driving like a complete dickhead on a public road - in daylight.

Last edited:

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
I agree with the 'legit wrx' owners statement.

S13WPN

HSC
DaddyK said:
what you talkin bout??
on some news program the other night they showed that video... bos just seems to be the favourite resource of some of the media lately imo.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Give it a couple more years when slipstream, ntb, ash etc are working as journos and see how much BoS can crop up.....

SlipStream

HSC
lol I very much doubt they got the video from here - we're not the only people who look up car videos in Oz, y'know! :p

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK said:
Are you serious? Shit, i've been spreading that video everywhere, i could be responsible!!!!
Don't want to burst your bubble but I've seen it on a few other forums as well linking directly to it. But who knows? They could've seen it through BoS... :rolleyes:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i think everyone in here likes cars.

or have i been grossly misinformed?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
my car is fucked. Everytime i pressed the brake, the radio would cut out, same with whenever i indicated. Also, the speedo jerked to different speeds, not the normal smooth progression. So now the car wont start at all. complete silence when i turn the key. me and dad just tried to jump start it, but nothing happened. :( getting towed to the mechanics tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)