Got 96 in 2U HSC. Give up for 4U?! (1 Viewer)

ash_xx

HSC
N/A
basically yeah the thread title says it all....
i need advice ASAP cause i dont wna waste time doing any 4U holiday hw..and also during the school year...where i cud b using that time for other subs..
i did ext1 maths for my hsc this yr...so if i do maths nxt yr it will only b 4U..

Should i keep it? im not sure how good i will be at 4U yet, cause we havent had assessments, but im finding it hard to kill my 96 ><

advice pleaseee :) ty

The Nomad

HSC
Well I know that many people will disagree with me but...doing Extension 2 Mathematics means you only get an extra unit towards your HSC (despite the awesome aligning and scaling) but so much effort goes into it...it's like a whole other subject.

I'd say stick with your other subjects, no need to do 4U this year.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
you said: I don't want to waste time doing 4U in my holidays

If you're not committed, then why bother?
Don't do 4U

shady145

Banned
HSC
annabackwards got 96 in 2u in her accelerated *i think*
she did excellent in 4u

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
98 in 2U for Anna.

She ended up with 90 in MX2 and 93 in MX1 - great marks... + there are 2 units of better scaling from MX1 towards the ATAR when you do 4U ^_^

But if you're still contemplating choosing it now... after all that acceleration and time to appreciate, then I'd say 4U probably isn't what you're after. It's more than just a subject, but a love :p

G4_SuperTeam

HSC
Well I know that many people will disagree with me but...doing Extension 2 Mathematics means you only get an extra unit towards your HSC (despite the awesome aligning and scaling) but so much effort goes into it...it's like a whole other subject.

I'd say stick with your other subjects, no need to do 4U this year.
4u maths actually counts as 2 units, not 1. I recommend seeing how u go early next year. If you're falling behind, or not doing as well as you;d like, then id advise that u drop it.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
You'd only be concentrating on 4U? oO

Do 4U! It's so fun :D I should've done more work thatn i did, but with the amount that i did spend on 4U (less than or around 2hrs a day) i managed to get a 90 as the others have said. And you get an extra awesome aligning + scaling unit ^^

Do it if you don't mine it; you won't regret it! But if you really don't like it... drop it. Just keep in mind that your aren't doing that many other subjects and that they aren't content heavy (IMO) ;)

lychnobity

HSC
96 in 2u is more reason to do 4u!

Trust me, with the cramming I did, I still managed 92 (am not consistent, I only did about 3h a week). It's fun, challenging, overrated, and has crazy scaling. What more do you want?

Terry Lee's daughter did 2u accelerated, got 98, did 4u and managed a similar mark.

The Nomad

HSC
4u maths actually counts as 2 units, not 1. I recommend seeing how u go early next year. If you're falling behind, or not doing as well as you;d like, then id advise that u drop it.
What I'm saying is that he's already done 3 units of mathematics...so doing the 4 unit course will only add an extra unit.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Personally, I'd do the 3U and 4U again. Because 4U helps with 3U alot (in my opinion).

Anyways, this guy at my school a few years ago got 2nd in the state for 2U maths and cringed on the thought of losing it in lieu for 4U.

He ended up getting 7th in the state for 4U -- Not too bad ;) -- Was dux (highest UAI achiever) that year too.

kbsb

HSC
96 in 2u is more reason to do 4u!

Trust me, with the cramming I did, I still managed 92 (am not consistent, I only did about 3h a week). It's fun, challenging, overrated, and has crazy scaling. What more do you want?

Terry Lee's daughter did 2u accelerated, got 98, did 4u and managed a similar mark.
But think of the amount of effort you need to put in to get that similar mark (it doesnt matter what u say..u still need 1 hour a night and personally thats a lot of hours especially over a whole year)...

In regards to the OP, im in the same situation ( i got 98 in 2U this yr) and im probs gonna drop 4U (stick ith 3U)...for one i rekon ill get sick of maths and another.i personally dont think that even with the scaling, the amount of time being put into i, is worth it...but then again its up to u

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
do 4u if you love maths
i got 99 in 2u, 97 in 3u and 94 in 4u.
definitely worth it

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
If you get say 99 in 2u 95 in 3u and 91 in 4u and hypothetically speaking the 2unit mark counted better towards your ATAR - would the Board of Studies count the 2unit mark or are they forced to count the 3unit and 4 unit marks?

kwabon

Banned
HSC
96 - 2 unit
94 - 4 unit

thus, if you get anything higher than around 86 in 4 unit, the scaled will be higher than 96 in unit.

DO 4 UNIT.

toumas

HSC
96 in 2-unit scales about the same as like 88 in 4-unit UAI Calculator & ATAR Calculator

So if u think you could get better than 88 in 4-unit than you should do it.

I just finished 4-unit this year and it is really hard yeh, but it scales really well so its worth it.

lychnobity

HSC
tbh, getting higher than 88 in 4u doesn't require much knowledge. Just knowing some basics can get you there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)