Good English tutoring Centres? Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

HSC
As you can see, I'm looking for a good english tutor. Please give me some advice and suggestions. Thanks!

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Are you looking for an actual tutoring college or someone private/independent?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Private is so much better than a centre, especially for a sub like English.

HSC
Well the thing I like about centres is that I get an understanding of other people's view of a text,
Like english is about different ways of viewing a text so yea,
but i see what you mean with the benefits of having a private tutor.

soporific

HSC
Matrix education is good or so I've heard... (can't speak from personal experience).

Generally though, private tutors are the best way to go for english because you find out about other people's views on a particular text through your classmates when you have class discussions ... (that's what school is for :p)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Matrix is getting worse; prices are going up and class sizes are increasing.

cmbrolla

HSC
@cindy - check out s4s coaching, its a tutoring college which specialize in all units of english...also, the tutors there are all ex students so you'll get a better learning experience in the end...personally i think its better to study english in groups as you can break down a text together and discuss each other's views as well so you grasp a better understanding of the text...

oh and another good tutoring centre is pre-uni...tutors are teachers or university students and they teaching material is pretty good, similar to s4s coaching in some ways...i havent heard of that many complaints about them either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)