Going away while in year 12 (1 Viewer)

louise08

HSC
Hi, just need a little advice..

I am in year 11 atm, but I will be in year 12 in the summer holidays at the end of the year obviously. I am going overseas with my friend for a month travelling. It has been booked since the start of the year at a time I wasn't thinking about hsc too much.

But now i'm wondering.. will it effect my hsc/study/assessments ? A month is a long time! What should I do to help the situation? Take work with me (though I wont have much time, apart from plan trip) or work like crazy when I get back?

Thanks!!

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
summer christmas holidays? nahh go early enough in the yr. just take novels you have to read for english.

louise08

HSC
four weeks of the summer holidays. start of dec to the start of jan

I know this is the christmas period where most people do take a break and enjoy holidays and christmas. But I'm just feeling a little worried that a complete month off wont do me good (hsc wise)

louise08

HSC
hollyy. said:
summer christmas holidays? nahh go early enough in the yr. just take novels you have to read for english.
it is already all booked and planned.

bawd

HSC
louise08 said:
Hi, just need a little advice..

I am in year 11 atm, but I will be in year 12 in the summer holidays at the end of the year obviously. I am going overseas with my friend for a month travelling. It has been booked since the start of the year at a time I wasn't thinking about hsc too much.

But now i'm wondering.. will it effect my hsc/study/assessments ? A month is a long time! What should I do to help the situation? Take work with me (though I wont have much time, apart from plan trip) or work like crazy when I get back?

Thanks!!
It'd be a good break. I'd definitely go if I had the money and self-discipline to study beforehand. Take a laptop as well to make sure you're connected to BoS and 'studying'. :)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
You still have another 2 weeks of holidays to do your study/assesments.

louise08

HSC
bawd said:
It'd be a good break. I'd definitely go if I had the money and self-discipline to study beforehand. Take a laptop as well to make sure you're connected to BoS and 'studying'. :)
Thanks. Well I'm definitely going.. I just need advice on what I should do while I'm away so I don't get behind. Or if I should just catch up when I'm back.

bawd

HSC
louise08 said:
Thanks. Well I'm definitely going.. I just need advice on what I should do while I'm away so I don't get behind. Or if I should just catch up when I'm back.
Study extra hard and get yourself ahead before going and motivate yourself to do so by simply having the thought of relaxing with a friend in some exotic place. If you decide to study after, it might ruin your break because you'll be spending time feeling guilty. Just my opinion though, you do whatever you think best.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'd do it - maybe not for that long, but it's good to have a nice relaxing holiday.

louise08

HSC
I think I posted this wrong. I am going for sure.. it's already booked and paid for. I just wanted some advice on how I can still stay on top of things. thanks.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
lol i just went away for 2 and a half weeks. yay three week holidays.

therefore i still had 2 weeks to study for trials.
was nothing.
easy peasy my friend.

uncomeringue

HSC
i didn't do any work during the summer holidays and it all worked out okay for me... the beginning of the year is not that hard. just read the novels for english and you're set

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
sikhman said:
im thinking of going away in the july holidays right before trials....some ppl from my school did last year and it didnt really affect them.....
it doesn't

louise08

HSC
okay thanks.. it obviously isn't as a big deal as I though it would be. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)