Go to James Ruse and still can't find motivation (1 Viewer)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I go to selective and I really enjoy it. I haven't really thought of what it would be like being in comprehensive streams or schools. I think the environment can be really competitive at times (in selective) and some people at my school can get a bit...cray cray, but tbh, I think a little bit of pressure is healthy. But not too much!

I think when motivation mostly comes from within. I feel motivated to get higher marks because I want to, and there's slight pressure from people around me (peers, parents, tutors) to excel as well, so it's really a multitude of these factors.

I don't regret it because a lot of my peers are really good people and the support system is pretty good.

But yeah, I have to agree about what people consider good marks and stuff...like some people can be really crazy and cry over being ranked 2nd and stuff. I admit, I've probably done it before (i.e. get a lower mark than expected) but I think its because there's so much expectation built up about what marks and stuff were expected and when you fail that expectation...well it can be quite disheartening.

HSC
N/A
Looool
baulko attitude-
Person 1- I came first in grade for maths! WOOT WOOT!
Person 2- Dude, some Ruse dude would smash you.
Person 1- WWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

hsc3hard5me

HSC
Hey guys, I'll tell you a story about my transition.

First, in year 6, I failed my selective so I went to a school ranked probably 400 in Year 7.
Here, NO ONE gave a fuck about anything, so i thought this was the norm, I just didn't do assignments, homework, likewise for everyone in my classes. We never got in trouble, teachers didn't care.
In Year 9, I made it to Hurlstone, the transition was HUGE. At first, I still didn't do hw nor assignments, and got shitted on by the teachers. After this I started to do my assignments and try to do well in tests. Why? One big reason is because all your peers laugh at you if you do shitty in your tests, so yeah. I mean, I think it being around smarter people constantly does make you try harder

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Everyone has their own expectations of failure. So you can't really do much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)