Global Marketing Strategy?? (1 Viewer)

amber!

HSC
I just incorporated the Marketing mix into a global scale and focused on using marketing strategies which cause differentiation. So i used the 4 p's, outlined ways to use marketing strategies in each p, and used strategies which would result in differentiation. i think that most people are right in what they did. the question wasnt specific, and as they always say, realistically as long as you can justify what you say and link it to the question, they cant mark it wrong. so dont stress guys!

sickk

HSC
from HSC advice line lady

"markers have to accept a RANGE of answers"

so providing yours suits the question you will be awarded marks, however the rubrick talks about correct terminology, so if you talked about propper concepts i think youd be given more marks, but common sense stuff that you say will be awarded marks too

Kupo

HSC
I have the question in front of me. it says recommend on global marketing strategy that Dalinx could use to achieve differentiation of its store in Asia. They key word here is ONE and Global. so you have 3 choices
- research of market
- global branding
- standardisation and differentiation

The two choices available is global branding or standardization and differentiation.

You don't choose one of the marketing strategies unfortunately

Another clue to show you that it's talking about globalisation is the report question. They incorporate marketing and financial which means that this essay is about management, employment relations and globalisation.

I hope this helps and goodluck in your future exams

La Bomba

HSC
what about e-commerce? i used that and said they culd differeniate the product etc by advertising it as differentiated to suit needs of asians? e.g cosmetics for asians skin colour etc.

Kupo

HSC
unfortunately, e-commerce is NOT a strategy. you have to follow the syllabus.

driaxx

HSC
I put
- market research
- Positioning (differentiate it from competitor)
- Branding + Global Branding
- packaging (differentiate it from competitor)
- standalisation vs Differentiation
I have the question in front of me. it says recommend on global marketing strategy that Dalinx could use to achieve differentiation of its store in Asia. They key word here is ONE and Global. so you have 3 choices
- research of market
- global branding
- standardisation and differentiation

The two choices available is global branding or standardization and differentiation.

You don't choose one of the marketing strategies unfortunately

Another clue to show you that it's talking about globalisation is the report question. They incorporate marketing and financial which means that this essay is about management, employment relations and globalisation.

I hope this helps and goodluck in your future exams
Wait I'm sorry. That helped clear things up, but I'm confused with why Research isn't included?

It can assist in differentiation by defining the market and adapting to it?

sickk

HSC
Wait I'm sorry. That helped clear things up, but I'm confused with why Research isn't included?

It can assist in differentiation by defining the market and adapting to it?
if you included this bit then im pretty sure the markers couldnt fault you on anything, i think what he was trying to say is that global branding and standardisation and differntiation would have been the easier options.

i myself did global branding because that workd the best for what i was trying to say, but the question is designed so that you can successfully use whatever strategies works best for you

fbfl_9

HSC
notice the question didnt ask on product but on the shop

La Bomba

HSC
unfortunately, e-commerce is NOT a strategy. you have to follow the syllabus.
yeeeeh but like i used e-commerce as a means of differentiating the product, so like making the website and targeting asians through promoting how it is suited with their skin. so e-commerce is like just an intimidiatry to appeal to large markets of asians through product differentiation?

idge

HSC
yeeeeh but like i used e-commerce as a means of differentiating the product, so like making the website and targeting asians through promoting how it is suited with their skin. so e-commerce is like just an intimidiatry to appeal to large markets of asians through product differentiation?
The global marketing strategies according to the syllabus are:
- Research of market
- Global branding
- Standardisation and differentiation

As you can see, e-commerce is not there, so you weren't following the syllabus which is a big no-no in business studies.

La Bomba

HSC
i talked to my teacher about it. they said they was actually the right thing to do. this marketing strategy was to differentiate the store, and they said e-commerce was an effective means of differentiating the store to the one in australia. they said this business test was to make people think logically and not specifically follow the syllabus. if they said it was to differentiate the product it would of been wrong, but seeing as it was the store my answer will get me marks.

laura-clark

HSC
lol
since the question was already talking about differentiation, we couldn't exactly use that as 'the' strategy- the only other syllubus points on marketing in a global sense were
- global branding
-market research

which aren't exactly strategies

so i stuck with the 4P's and applied it to the global marketing activities of Qantas and also OMO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)