Global Marketing Strategy?? (1 Viewer)

robm

HSC
What did you guys put?

I put just a normal marketing strategy (pricing strategies - price points)

i didnt want to use global branding cause that doesn't cause differentiation, if anything it causes standardization

What did you guys put and do you think it will get me the marks?

sickk

HSC
i put a bit of bs into this question,

i used global branding, but with an emphasis on personalised service (cause stimulus was so happy about how good their staff were) to differentiate it from their competitors, maybelne, loreal

i dunno if that was right, but i was seriously struggling on that section

daniieee

HSC
i put a bit of bs into this question,

i used global branding, but with an emphasis on personalised service (cause stimulus was so happy about how good their staff were) to differentiate it from their competitors, maybelne, loreal

i dunno if that was right, but i was seriously struggling on that section
Lolol same! I tailored it to the circumstances of the Asian market though. Maybe it hasn't been saturated by foreign markets yet, and customers may be drawn to the "gobal standard" of the products as opposed to local standards, some bs like that, and the service bit too.

Although now that I've checked the textbook, differentiation in itself is a global marketing strategy. It says that many global businesses are trying to use quality as a differentiating factor, such as Rolls Royce cars and Rolex watches. These products have established themselves at the luxury end of the market.

Oh well, screw it. Can't do much about it now lol.

La Bomba

HSC
e commerce marketing strategy never fails for global. using website to differentiate the products, detailing how the particular cosmetics suit the asian skin colour, the website caters for online orders etc and due to internet people can buy the asian cosmetics, hence differentiating from the australian one. then get info about the store etc.

La Bomba

HSC
very easy to use e-commerce becaus you can so easily adapt it if u forget eevrything else hahahhaha.

carlytse621

HSC
I put
- market research
- Positioning (differentiate it from competitor)
- Branding + Global Branding
- packaging (differentiate it from competitor)
- standalisation vs Differentiation

driaxx

HSC
I put
- market research
- Positioning (differentiate it from competitor)
- Branding + Global Branding
- packaging (differentiate it from competitor)
- standalisation vs Differentiation
You put all of those?

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
LOL thats what I was thinking
I put global branding and ONLY global branding and I'm pretty sure I fucked it up by getting branding confused with packaging by recommending "family branding"

ASS

BUSINESSKING

HSC
From my post in the other thread:

The report had 3 sections ~

1. 2 social responsibilities [this is from Topic 1: I used Quality of working life, Managing cultural diversity], applying it to the scenario was fairly straight-forward.

2. 1 global marketing strategy, with a focus on differentiation in Asia [This has elements from Topic 3 and Topic 5: You need to consider both the development of marketing strategies (Differentiation/Segmentation, Produce, Price, Promotion, Place, Environmental Effects on Distribution) and the marketing aspect of managing global business (Research of market, Global branding, Standardisation/Differentiation)] and take into account the fact that they are expanding to Asia, a foreign continent with consumers who may have different cosmetic needs to Australians. This means you would place a heavy emphasis on the research of market, and would be using more differentiation of products than standardisation since the business is not very big all over the world - Global branding probably isn't relevent, at least not as a primary focus.

3. 2 key influences on employment relations [From Topic 4, straight from the syllabus: I used social influences and economic influences], like the first section applying this to the scenario isn't very difficult.

Freshjiver

HSC
i just did marketing strategies with a focus on differentiation. FUCK.
i should get some marks but not full marks,
stupid question ?!!?!

spoonbender

HSC
Yeah, I just did the 4 Ps and said some slightly racist things about Asians. XD

sickk

HSC
i was a bit worried about writing the word "asians" in my report...

robm

HSC
i was a bit worried about writing the word "asians" in my report...
haha lol same, i used asia-region at the start and then got lazy and started using the words 'asians'

H4wk1n4t0r

HSC
I wrote about global branding, standardisation/differentiation, and just recommended a strategy involving a mix of those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)