girls i need your opinions! (1 Viewer)

suzieee

HSC
hey! ive just gone on the pill and i have really bad mood swings, one minute im fine and the next im in tears. i was never like this before. my life is awesome atm, great bf, awesome friends at uni, loving the course im doing, just got a great job which ive been wanting for ages etc. its reallt getting me down! anyone else have this problem??
thanks heaps!!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
suzieee said:
my life is awesome atm, great bf, awesome friends at uni, loving the course im doing, just got a great job which ive been wanting for ages etc. anyone else have this problem??
I wish I had that problem.

Ocoth

HSC
I'm not quite a girl, last I checked, and my sister isn't (yet) on the pill and I've never had a girlfriend I've been (directly-in-contact) intimate with, so I can't say from first-hand evidence. Now I'm sounding like a Board of Studies Science syllabus. Moving on.

I could sound predictable, and say: Consult with your prescribing physician.

Or I could sound a bit more twenty-first century: Look up your specific medication name on Google, Wikipedia or medical and pharmacetial websites and see if there are known side-effects which match yours. Or post the name here, someone (like myself) might have a pharmacist for a mother and be able to look it up in medication information books.

Either way, it is probably best to talk to your prescribing physician, in case something is wrong. They might be able give you something more or suggest some other change or modify the brand/type/dose/medication or send you for some tests.

Dramaqueen06

HSC
suzieee said:
im on levlen.

I was on levlen aswell... i had the exact problem you had...
I suggest you go see your gp, you'll possibly have to change it.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Read your pill packet, I'm on Levlen ED and it is listed as a side effect. How long have you been on it? I'd talk to your doctor but they will probably suggest you stick it out for a month or two and if the symptoms persist they might then change your pill to a lower dose.

I remember I felt a bit nausous for the first few weeks until my body got use to the extra hormones now I generally feel fine. Do talk to your doctor but it sounds like it is just your body reaction or that the level of hormones you are on are too high

Dramaqueen06

HSC
melsc said:
Read your pill packet, I'm on Levlen ED and it is listed as a side effect. How long have you been on it? I'd talk to your doctor but they will probably suggest you stick it out for a month or two and if the symptoms persist they might then change your pill to a lower dose.

I remember I felt a bit nausous for the first few weeks until my body got use to the extra hormones now I generally feel fine. Do talk to your doctor but it sounds like it is just your body reaction or that the level of hormones you are on are too high

I remember going to my doctor, she kept me on it for another month,then she asked me if it was still occurring a month or so after.
It all depends.
I think mine mainly was occurring because i was taking other medication...

kristen250

HSC
change ur pill-
go on logyon
its heaps good and even made me loose a bit of weight

Dramaqueen06

HSC
kristen250 said:
change ur pill-
go on logyon
its heaps good and even made me loose a bit of weight

Wooooo, i need that one.
Levlen made me gain weight...

rozymisty

HSC
I used to be on levelen, and iM not sure if my mood swings were coz of hte pill or coz of my living situation at the time, but mood swings are a side effect of being a woman whether your a woman on the pill or not. The pill has more hormones than you are used to, so that will knock you around for a bit.

Levelen ED is a low dose pill compared to some others, so I dont think you can go any lower than that one. But you can get ones with different combinatons.

I switched to Normin (sp?) and thats helped a bit, but i got hte spotting which is normal so eyah. No mood swings really.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Try some evening primrose oil.

I started getting really mad PMS on the pill. I'm talking door-slamming and crying. Primrose oil fixed that.

suzieee

HSC
thanks heaps girls!! i talked to my gp and she said exactly what a few of you have said, go on it for another month then see how i feel. hopefully i'll be ok :)

Evilo

HSC
my mum gives me panadol, apparently it also works too :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)