Girl Image issues, and what to say. (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
vanilla latte goes into relationships knowing she's not good enough.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i just tell her fuck i don't give a shit about what you think of yourself or whatever problems you have can we get back to my shit bitch?!?!?

if you make her think that you don't care then that means it's not a fucking problem.

Last edited:

Bainesy

HSC
oh how little you all know

when faced with a difficult question, just respond with some totally off topic answer

"I think my butt is too big."
"Well you know, if I were to pick one, I'd say Mary-Kate is taller than Ashley. But I cant be sure. I've never met them, or any famous people really. But I'd really like to meet George Clooney. People say he is funny in person. Who would you like to meet?"

*soothing female voice*: Nuclear meltdown averted

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Jesus, you people make women seem like robotic pre-programmed cyborgs.

HSC
N/A
vanilla latte goes into relationships knowing she's not good enough.
knowing.... LOL. how did u guess? sure i go into relationships knowing im not good enough... do u expect me to go into relationships thinking im the best?? heck no. thats just big headed. i just know i have a big personality and with the right kind of people... i can be my bubbly self. =)

looks... yeah im nothing crash hot.. nothing too glamorous... im just plain. average looking. so meh *shrugs* dont care anyway. i just know i can win on personality terms =P

Sayangliss

HSC
Just change the subject. Continued discussion equals struggling in quicksand.

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
i have a good self esteem, and i hate it when other girls don't.
some girls have to realise that they're really pretty, and should stop picking at their 'imperfections'
anyways.. e.g.
person: my legs are so fat
me: um, no they're not..
person: yes they are, look at them
me: trust me, theyre not fat, you can tone them if you really think they're "fat". just do like lunges and squats every so often..

another scenario:
person: i'm so ugly
me: shutup, sif you are.. you haven't seen ugly.. i would kill for your *best feature of the person*

thats only a few examples. *sigh* girls need more self esteem, majority of my friends who keep saying they're gross, really arent.. they just need confidence, but also - confidence doesn't mean strutting around half naked.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I hate these conversations. It doesn't matter what you say, they will still think they are too fat/flat chested/freckly/whatever. Personally I try to keep my insecurities to myself most of the time.

I usually just tell my friends they look fine and change the topic. Not "you look fabulous honey ohmygosh" or excessive compliments, just "um, whatever you look fine. let's get pizza". Anything else will result in an hour long circular conversation about nothing.

Smokee

HSC
I agree ^^

I'm not 100% happy with myself but I prefer to keep all my insecurities to myself. The last thing I want is to draw attention to them by complaining about them. Besides, I've accepted that nobody has the perfect body, and neither will I, but if I do have issues I will prefer not to dwell or try and change it, for example, if I thought I had fat thighs I would try and tone them.

Alot of my friends however like to sit there and complain about themselves and I really don't have the patience to listen and then proceed to shower them with compliments so I just throw them a general compliment and change the topic.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Just be honest. If they say my thighs are a bit flabby and they are, just agree.

If they have serious body image issues and they get all upset about it its best to steer clear of them anyway, they are usually crazies.

ManalA

HSC
no its true you cant win

you look great =lying to get on good side
great personality = avoiding
you look awful = its just worse for their self-esteem

trust me my friend is just like this
just try your best compliment her breifly then change the topic its the best way

as sad as it is.. i think your totally right!

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
im with cosmic doris - i hate these convos. you could never win. but i do hate it when some girls complain bout how 'fat' they are when theyre not even close to it.

perkelerakkaus

HSC
N/A
no its true you cant win

you look great =lying to get on good side
great personality = avoiding
you look awful = its just worse for their self-esteem

trust me my friend is just like this
just try your best compliment her breifly then change the topic its the best way
true, it's like these girls want to be unattractive
trying so hard to be humble in a masochistic, attention seeking way
only empathise for awhile, sorry
gotta learn to love yourself before you'll accept love from anybody else.

hscishard

HSC
Just be honest. If they say my thighs are a bit flabby and they are, just agree.

If they have serious body image issues and they get all upset about it its best to steer clear of them anyway, they are usually crazies.
No they're not! Don't think that way!
You're right on the second point.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
being honest is what a real friend does. u shouldnt lie to them and say they look good when they dont. rather than lying to them, y not offer a solution. e.g. "maybe you should go to the gym? ill come with u." that way, everyone benefits.

the guys win cuz shes now more attractive/pleasant to look at, she wins cuz shes more healthy/attractive, the friend wins cuz she no longer has to deal with theses issues.

HSC
I hate these conversations. It doesn't matter what you say, they will still think they are too fat/flat chested/freckly/whatever. Personally I try to keep my insecurities to myself most of the time.
Yeah, I hate it too. I just don't say anything or change the topic when a friend starts complaining about x body part. I think she got the message that I'm not interested in playing that complain-> compliment game because she doesn't complain to me anymore.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
if only you girls realised how truly stupid it is to worry over body image. as a guy we don't really care until you're like 70kg+ or some shit (ie. heavier than us)

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Lol a great tragedy. I don't think that way. It's not their fault. They could have said it the other way too. Like, "I think I'm beautiful, I love myself for this and that reasons". This usuallly doesn't happen as they are being told ohhh you're ugly etc etc..

One solution is; to look for the ugly girls, who they think don't look nice for some definite reasons.
When they start comparing themselves with the least, they'll learn to appreciate their beauty.

And you please don't get upset if you come across such girls. Tell her that the ugliest part in her is her thinking!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)