Girl at school technically cheating on all her assessments... what do? (1 Viewer)

nomieee

HSC
Hey so I have a mega problem at the moment...

So first of all when we started year 11 our school explicitly told us that special provisions, extended due dates or appeal forms would not be given because of stress or anxiety.

and as per the school's assessment policy, you can't be absent from school the day before or day of the assessment without a doctor's certificate.

So my "friend" is constantly using her anxiety as an excuse for not doing her assessment tasks on time and she always is absent on either the day before or the day of every assessment task... like literally every single assessment task for every single subject and she always gets her appeals upheld because of her anxiety but like she literally never starts her assignments or study until like 10pm on the night before an assessment is due so I just think that its completely friggen unfair because like that's literally just laziness.

Like fair enough if you have anxiety but sometimes anxiety is caused by outside factors, such as other people and sometime's its caused by yourself. In this case, she just acts like she doesn't care doesn't care doesn't care all the way up until like 8 hours before the assessment is due, freaks out and then takes a week off. AND GETS HER APPEALS UPHELD AND AN EXTRA WEEK TO THE THE ASSESSMENT TASK!!!!

This week for example... she was out on Saturday (I know this because of her snapchat story) and then had all of Sunday to do her assessment task for Modern and didn't get out of bed until 4:30pm (twitter) and then boasted about how she hadn't started at church that night (friends boyfriend goes to her church) She then posted in our facebook group at 3am "I'm not coming tomorrow. Sorry"

She hasn't been at school all week and under normal circumstances that means she gets zero because its 20% off your mark for every day you hand it in late but her appeal is probably going to be upheld because of her anxiety and it shouldn't be because she lazed around for two weeks, left it till the last minute and then freaked out. Like for crying out loud she's not the only one who left it till the last minute, not the only one who freaked out and definitely not the only one who had stuff on on the weekend... but she is the only one who hasn't done it - and if her appeal gets upheld, she's had an extra week to do it.

Also we have an English assessment tomorrow and she's had the whole week off to prepare for it - and took the day off before an assessment task, which is 20% off.

What can I do? this is ridiculously unfair and she's just using her anxiety as an excuse for her laziness and is getting away with it and as a result is getting better marks in everything because she always has at least two days extra to prepare/do assessment tasks.

nomieee

HSC
stop giving a fuck about what others are doing, focus on your study.
I am lol... But kinda hard not to give a fuck when she keeps getting higher than a lot of people that do ten times the work, myself included.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
tl;dr

All I skimmed through was you bitching about some stupid crap and you're in your HSC year, so you shouldn't be really writing long paragraphs of nonsense that IS NOT going to get you anywhere with this issue.

Move on.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
fkn h8 these ppl. Not worth wasting your time on tbh. Just ignore her.

StudyToDeath

HSC
It's the HSC year, the school wouldn't arpove it if it wasn't a legitimate reason.
And if she is truly taking a week off to study for the exam she's only disadvantaging herself.
If her attendance falls below 80% she cannot finish school anyway...

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
What can I do? this is ridiculously unfair and she's just using her anxiety as an excuse for her laziness and is getting away with it and as a result is getting better marks in everything because she always has at least two days extra to prepare/do assessment tasks.
can't you just start your assessments 2 days earlier to get better marks?

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Tbh, for an "n" day extension for any assessment, it usually just means "n" more days to procrastinate and do nothing for most people.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I bet the reason why you created this thread was because she's beating you in marks, if you were beating her you definitely would have not created this. At the end of the day you have to work hard and ignore others.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
* I think its actually up to 6 days before, without doctor's certificate.
* Don't stress about it too much. People will always think of reasons to appeal, in the end, it is just a mark, as long as you do well, that's all that matters. If she feels she has to bend the rules to get a good mark, then she has issues not you.

HSC
Don't compare yourself to her. Actually, don't compare yourself to anyone else besides yourself tbh. Work hard and be a good student, gl!!!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
The concerning thing is that she might be gaining an unfair advantage to half of her HSC. When it comes to HSC, if what you are saying is true, then the whole class will be disadvantaged in the end unfortunately.

However if what you are saying is true, then she'll learn her lesson after high school eventually and it most likely will be a much harsher lesson to her (for example, failing in uni will usually mean having to pay off a large amount of HECS later on and losing quite a bit of money compared to high school which is not paid per subject, or in the case of public schools, absolutely free).

I'm not sure if you can do much if this is true however. You are better off just letting it go and focusing on your own studies. You might want to think whether you are actually going to be a proper friend to her as well. You seem pretty angry, so maybe evaluate the extent of your friendship with her as well once you finish high school.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Lol at all the "holier than thou" people on this post

As if this wouldn't piss you off if you were in the same situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)