Getting To Uni (1 Viewer)

nak

HSC
Hi,

My U.A.I was 54.05.
I studied for the following subjects, and there are my HSC marks (not sure about my ranks...sorri):

* English (Standard) - 70
* Mathematics (Standard) - 68
* Biology - 69
* I.P.T - 75
* Business Studies - 72
I was confident that i was going to get atleast in the high 60's, but......guess that didn't happen^^, perhaps everyone in the state did well, so i won't argue about that.

Anways, i am hoping to continue my education in courses in the Applied Science area, such as Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and also Chiropractic.

I understand all these subjects has a high standard, a high UAI, and obviously my UAI is far too low to even think about it.
However, i do have a deep passion in these area, and i was wondering if there are any possible ways, supposibly transfer ways into these area.

I am currently thinking about the non-award program at Macquarie to try and make my way into Chiro, but macquarie suggests it is available for some limited areas, such as Bachelor or Education, Science and so on, and not Bachelor of Chiro. Is it possible to do Bachelor of Science, and then onto Chiro?

I have also been told by my teacher to think about the TPS(I think it was) at TAFE, which is not repeating, but you do periodic assessments (no final exams) and depending on your results, you transfer to UNI.
I am not considering repeating though.....

Ofcourse, if i get my fingers onto a course at whichever uni like W.Sydney in the applied science area (lower UAI courses like "social work" "health science"), i will do my best to aim for internal transfers onto Physio or Occ therapy
I did insert some DFEE courses, but to be realistic, UAI's won't go down 15 to 20 points in one year (since most courses i wish to do is in the 70's - 80's)

Ao i was wondering if anyone could give me an advice on other pathways, and further info on non-award programs^^

PS: I am not thinking about private colleges

Any help would be great,
Thanks!

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
nak said:
Hi,

My U.A.I was 54.05.
I studied for the following subjects, and there are my HSC marks (not sure about my ranks...sorri):

I was confident that i was going to get atleast in the high 60's, but......guess that didn't happen^^, perhaps everyone in the state did well, so i won't argue about that.

Anways, i am hoping to continue my education in courses in the Applied Science area, such as Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and also Chiropractic.

I understand all these subjects has a high standard, a high UAI, and obviously my UAI is far too low to even think about it.
However, i do have a deep passion in these area, and i was wondering if there are any possible ways, supposibly transfer ways into these area.

I am currently thinking about the non-award program at Macquarie to try and make my way into Chiro, but macquarie suggests it is available for some limited areas, such as Bachelor or Education, Science and so on, and not Bachelor of Chiro. Is it possible to do Bachelor of Science, and then onto Chiro?

I have also been told by my teacher to think about the TPS(I think it was) at TAFE, which is not repeating, but you do periodic assessments (no final exams) and depending on your results, you transfer to UNI.
I am not considering repeating though.....

Ofcourse, if i get my fingers onto a course at whichever uni like W.Sydney in the applied science area (lower UAI courses like "social work" "health science"), i will do my best to aim for internal transfers onto Physio or Occ therapy
I did insert some DFEE courses, but to be realistic, UAI's won't go down 15 to 20 points in one year (since most courses i wish to do is in the 70's - 80's)

Ao i was wondering if anyone could give me an advice on other pathways, and further info on non-award programs^^

PS: I am not thinking about private colleges

Any help would be great,
Thanks!
The TPC your teacher informed you about is a HSC equivalent run by TAFE NSW - you do not transfer from it, you recieve a TES(Tertiary Admissions Statement) which ranks you for university entry. It is in essence a type of repeating however many undertake this course if they are more skilled at research, portfolios and assignments as opposed to exams(in the TPC maths is the only subject with exams).

MQ's non-award is viable as you could transfer from Non-award to BSc to your desired course, it would take longer than most non-award students but you would get there.

UWS also has a non-award scheme you might be interested in, UTS possibly does as well so check that out.

I'd also advise you that unless there is a specific reason you cannot attend a private college then I would most certainly give them a look if I were you.

There are a few other options but its really best if you read the post Jhakka linked to, for otherwise I'm only repeating myself.

Gummy_bear

HSC
You know, i heard from one of my teachers that the average UAI this year was 40. I cant be sure if this is true but if it is, it would mean that the UAI cutoffs drop this year, pretty dramatically id think.

Does anyone know where i could validate this statement if at all?

I posted it here, coz i didnt want to make a whole new thread, and it kind of relates to your story.. ahem..

Gummy_bear

HSC
melsc said:
I thought the average UAI was 66.0...Thats what i thought I read in SMH
Hmm..Well, that is still quite low. My teacher probibly read wrong, which she is known to do :p Perhaps with that quite low averae, the UAI cutoffs will still drop, for most courses anyway.
We will just have to see.

I wonder when the UAC posts the UAI cutoffs for 2006 courses, probibly after all the offers have been made, which means after january..

7th Sign

HSC
theirs no way u were going to get high 60s with thoes marks lol

I do similar subs to do and did like 20% better in 2 subs and a few marks better in others and i only got 61.50 :( It was expected but TAfE for me i guess :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)