getting head unit separately (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
is it worth buying the headunit itself and have it installed now and then later get t he sub amp and speakers when i hav ethe money. or should i just wait until i have the money and get it all at once because the cost of the separate installations will be 2 much. im asking this coz im sick of my current head unit and its so crap but i dont have enough to get everything at the moment
thanx

gna

HSC
Yeah just get the HU now. You'll notice your speakers will sound a tad better. You can install the HU yourself easy stuff. If you don't like soldering just get a harness.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It sounds like he'd rather not do the install himself though in which case since it really bugs you, maybe you should change it? But if it were me- I'd just wait a bit longer until I could afford sub/speakers... out of interest, how long will it be (do you estimate) before you can because I'm inclined to think if you can wait, you'll get a much better use of the install time and have more negotiation room when it comes to price.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
you should be charged at most $50 for an install of HU.better yet, get a friend that knows his stuff and buy him a pizza or something

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
HU install is ludicrously simple easily doable yourself.

Only advantage in waiting is the extra haggle power of buying alot of things.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
gna said:
Yeah just get the HU now. You'll notice your speakers will sound a tad better. You can install the HU yourself easy stuff. If you don't like soldering just get a harness.
You still need to solder with a harness, or crimp the wires onto terminals which is a much easier method.

SqUiMpY

HSC
I got a really nice sony one with a remote and onboard 200 watt amp for 130bux from JB hifi plays mp3 wma and its real cute too :) i already have a big amp, sony xplodes, kenwood splits and tweeters in the front and a 12''pioneers sub in the back :) PIMPIN YA"LL :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
There's something odd about hearing a chick describe a HU as "cute". Your sound system must sound pretty good though.

SqUiMpY

HSC
yeah it goes pretty hard :) i havent quite figured out all the settings and cant be arsed reading the manual im sure i could make it sound better but my main amp is screwed down under the driver seat so its pretty hard to get to LOL. . . one day

everything is cute, hoping for custom respray soon ( i have a white pulsar n14 Q but the sr20model, mods are calling :p)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Could your 'pimped' ride be distracting you and resulting in accidents (see other thread)?

I'd concentrate on getting driving what you have under control before you add more power.

And as far as adding power, manual conversion is your first step.....

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Hah. Easy there. As soon as she realises that the price will at least twice top her car's value, there'll be another thought coming :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)