Germany Questions? Will they plit them weimar/nazi (1 Viewer)

nedcooper

HSC
Hi everyone, just been wondering whether I'll be ok if I study the collapse of weimar and the rsie of the nazi party to the death, then have basic knowledge of the second half of the german syllabus I'll be ok. Becuase I don;t have enough time o go over it all and was wondering if it is certain they split the questions? thanks

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
nedcooper said:
Hi everyone, just been wondering whether I'll be ok if I study the collapse of weimar and the rsie of the nazi party to the death, then have basic knowledge of the second half of the german syllabus I'll be ok. Becuase I don;t have enough time o go over it all and was wondering if it is certain they split the questions? thanks
No they won't definitely split them between Weimar and Nazi but...

they are more likely to have one on the specific Nazi period.

Look at the syllabus and the headings for the sections. They will usually use two of those broad headings so you really need to know three of those sections.

Ebatchelor

HSC
Our teacher said it has been generally split weimar rise of nazi/ naiz but NOT always and by no means has to be
tricky ay

tessery

HSC
No! Don't assume they will split them lol. i did my HSC last year, my whole year was hoping for a question on the collapse on weimar and it was both on nazism. well one was on foreign policy, the other on culture in both weimar and nazi times.

You can definitely favour one of your topics, but be very prepared to do both! Then again, because they didn;t have it last year, i guess there is a good chance they will have a weimar Q this year!

Good luck

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Well you can run the gauntlet and study one area. I'm probabaly going to do it, and focus on the Nazi aspects of the module, rather than Weimar.

supanora

HSC
have a prepared essay for one and a mind map on the other to be safe

impervious182

HSC
Is it really that hard to study all of it? We only have to write around 1000 words, the Weimar section is pretty straight forward, as in the fall, and the ascension to power of the Nazi's too. Foreign policy is alright as well... They're all quite straight forward.

I think the hardest part, for me anyway, is the social and cultural part of Weimar and the Nazi reign. I find it so damn boring. About how the Jewish people were treated, about how women were treated, about how children were treated, about how artists were treated, about resistance. argh.. there's too much there, too much. So that's the part my notes will be vague on... but I'd say prepare for 3 of the 4 dot points very well... that's what I'll be doing.

sam.mg

HSC
alexdore993 said:
Is it really that hard to study all of it? We only have to write around 1000 words, the Weimar section is pretty straight forward, as in the fall, and the ascension to power of the Nazi's too. Foreign policy is alright as well... They're all quite straight forward.

I think the hardest part, for me anyway, is the social and cultural part of Weimar and the Nazi reign. I find it so damn boring. About how the Jewish people were treated, about how women were treated, about how children were treated, about how artists were treated, about resistance. argh.. there's too much there, too much. So that's the part my notes will be vague on... but I'd say prepare for 3 of the 4 dot points very well... that's what I'll be doing.
They asked social/cultural last yearr. They wont do it again.

Why not JUST study Nazism. They CAN give two questions on the NAzi's, but the CANT give two question's on Weimar. Therefore - there will always be a question on Nazi's - if you want to put all your eggs into one basket. Personally, I'm better at Weimar, so im going to study both.

:sniper:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
sam.mg said:
They asked social/cultural last yearr. They wont do it again.

Why not JUST study Nazism. They CAN give two questions on the NAzi's, but the CANT give two question's on Weimar. Therefore - there will always be a question on Nazi's - if you want to put all your eggs into one basket. Personally, I'm better at Weimar, so im going to study both.

:sniper:
Where is it written that they 'can't give two questions on Weimar'?

I agree that they won't but where is it actually stated that they can't?

I too prefer Weimar but...

Personally I would make sure that I had a good understanding of the whole period as they could be nasty and ask two questions covering the entire period 1918 - 1939 (in the way that last year they did the social/cultural question).

KhyryKay

HSC
last year they had the horrid question of both weimar and nazi or the forgein policy.

I don't know how many people went to the history study day that the sydney uni offerd earlier this year but the leatcure there heavily hitted that he thinks it will be a joint question (weimar and nazi) like last years as it was the first year they've done that though the second question may be something like the racial policy or something.

We don't really know till we get in there and see the questions but make sure you know everything for both weimar and nazi and the policy's for both era's and how they changed.

good luck to all =]
xxxx

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
KhyryKay said:
last year they had the horrid question of both weimar and nazi or the forgein policy.

I don't know how many people went to the history study day that the sydney uni offerd earlier this year but the leatcure there heavily hitted that he thinks it will be a joint question (weimar and nazi) like last years as it was the first year they've done that though the second question may be something like the racial policy or something.

We don't really know till we get in there and see the questions but make sure you know everything for both weimar and nazi and the policy's for both era's and how they changed.

good luck to all =]
xxxx
Last year's question was very predictable and my class studies alot of FP. Don't count on it being a split question though. But hopefully they will be nice!

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Zephyrio said:
Study All. Study All.
+1
Logical.
Prepared for anything that way.
Studying one or the other is going into the exam pretty unprepared and risking good marks.

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
Wooz said:
Last year's question was very predictable and my class studies alot of FP. Don't count on it being a split question though. But hopefully they will be nice!
considering the stats on how many got band 5-6 in modern, compared to ancient..

they better be nice.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
yeah u might get away with it. but remember that if u only study half the content properly, then ull pretty much be forced to answer that question whether u like it or not. i know u might have done alot of work on it but that doesnt stop the question from being really hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)