German continuers Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Kimbles2011

HSC
I liked doing it! Did you? It was so much nicer than the stupid monologue which was stupid T_T
In retrospect I would've prefered to do no extensions and instead do another language.
I liked mine too. Except the lady kept probing me about the party that I went to... which was a hypothetical party...
I thought it sucked that I didn't get to say anything about my family. But Yeah she just asked about future plans, job, exchange, party...That was pretty much it..

But I felt that it went well :D

yours

HSC
in the comprehension, can you remember the first one with the questions weighted 3 3 4? For the 4 marker, it was just asking about the guy who supported old people (dont break your grandma's heart or something - it was about the checkered jumper), but were you meant to mention any of the other responses?? I translated it all but it didn't seem like enough for 4 marks

ngoetz

HSC
in the comprehension, can you remember the first one with the questions weighted 3 3 4? For the 4 marker, it was just asking about the guy who supported old people (dont break your grandma's heart or something - it was about the checkered jumper), but were you meant to mention any of the other responses?? I translated it all but it didn't seem like enough for 4 marks
No that's enough.

Kimbles2011

HSC
I basically said he had a sympathetic, considerate and respectful attitude - they i used evidence to back up each of these such as him saying that we don't have our gparents forever so shouldn't do something we'll regret and other things like suggesting the shopping trip. The opening part with 'egal ob attraktiv..." showed that he was caring towards old people as he encouraged Susi to wear the pullover to make her Oma happy :p

Lol...

yours

HSC
No that's enough.
what did you do for the last writing question (10 mark)?

I basically said he had a sympathetic, considerate and respectful attitude - they i used evidence to back up each of these such as him saying that we don't have our gparents forever so shouldn't do something we'll regret and other things like suggesting the shopping trip. The opening part with 'egal ob attraktiv..." showed that he was caring towards old people as he encouraged Susi to wear the pullover to make her Oma happy :p

Lol...
Genau!

ngoetz

HSC

Lol...
Haha sounds like you would have aced belonging ;)

ngoetz

HSC
I did the exchange student and said you could visit him in return

yours

HSC
I love English - so it kind of helps with German. Is that what everyone else wrote for the 4 marker for question 9???
yeah I translated a lot of it, i think they are translation questions in disguise (!)

ngoetz

HSC
are you doing much for extension?
Yeah I have arguments prepared for each theme ie education/immigrants/care for the elderly. I'm doing this accelerate so I have been able to focus a little more on german this year.

yours

HSC
Yeah I have arguments prepared for each theme ie education/immigrants/care for the elderly. I'm doing this accelerate so I have been able to focus a little more on german this year.
oh wow! And for the stories? I read in the marker's comments that providing lots of quotes is bad, yet they want evidence to support your views on the story ?! Also, what is the main point of Fernsehshow?? Old people's happiness? Our in-class analysis has been SO flimsy! The teacher just asks us what we think and then makes us do separate questions, then we end up re-reading sections over and over and getting nowhere... I mean, the markers told us that there are no correct ideas, and they just pick the kids whose answers make them go 'oh yeah that IS interesting' since they themselves have no idea what the stories are really doing

Last edited:

ngoetz

HSC
oh wow! And for the stories? I read in the marker's comments that providing lots of quotes is bad, yet they want evidence to support your views on the story ?! Also, what is the main point of Fernsehshow?? Old people's happiness? Our in-class analysis has been SO flimsy! The teacher just asks us what we think and then makes us do separate questions, then we end up re-reading sections over and over and getting nowhere...
Well, they are living together because they're old and cant live independently, so issues associated with ageing and also the Media with Hermann Hermann being an ass!

Kimbles2011

HSC
I just need to get my hands on some wibele - i could get my exchange partner to send them, but I'm not sure if they would last?

Hhahaahah, sorry! Such a random request. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)