General UTS chit-chat (1 Viewer)

krayzie_

HSC
Re: The UTS 'Secks and Welcoming 2008 students!' Thread

ragnarok said:
Welcome back Huratio ^_^

Usually it's at 6pm. Just pick the 6pm one; it's not like they check which one you're enrolled in during the lecture. The only annoying thing is, as you said, the 6pm sessions should be left for PT students (sometimes they get fill and the people who work don't have anything to get in to). From my experience, the lecture has become full before and the lecturer has kicked the late-comers out because there isn't any room. But yeah, I'd just enrol in whatever and go to whatever :p
I see, what i meant was i'm a FT student however the FT lecture is filled up =s So I can only enroll into the PT lecture at 6pm but I want to go too the earlier lecture =D Just double checking to make sure that both lectures covered the same thing. E.g I don't want to have a test which was designed for the PT students lectures when I was really attending the FT student lectures. If you get my meaning..

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC

I hate auto allocation... I have shitty timeslots for them.

barling89

McLovin it :D
HSC

um random question here but i was walkin in the city the other day and found my way into Building 10 - man that place is nice - but wot is it used for? and which students go there?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

pretty happy with my uni timetable...day off and my classes are all in building 4 except 1. cant complain.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

barling89 said:
um random question here but i was walkin in the city the other day and found my way into Building 10 - man that place is nice - but wot is it used for? and which students go there?
building 10 is the IT building, so im assuming people who do IT go there?!

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC

Malfoy said:
Auto-allocation is fine. The preferential system isn't, because they make you pick times you're not even available!
haha oh god auto allocation gave me a lec every afternoon of the week in autumn.

krayzie_

HSC

Malfoy said:
So far, so good. Accounting and Economics are not going to be a problem. Legal Method & Research doesn't have an assessment outline.

I'm going to have to apply for alternate assessment for 25% of Business Law and Ethics though, because participation marks and a group roleplay just aren't going to happen with me. Fuck. :/

EDIT: 15%. Still, :(
Your talking about the Class parcip and the roleplay assessments! Let me know how it goes, I really don't want to do the roleplay either. I mean wtf@roleplay. GAY.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Thanks krayzie_ and ragnarok.
Had an awesome time in Indonesia. Didn't want to leave =\

Anyways, to other news: I've been selected as a PASS leader for students studying Accounting for Business in Autumn, 2008. You'll probably get more information on this during the first lecture. Other questions can be posted here!

krayzie_ said:
Your talking about the Class parcip and the roleplay assessments! Let me know how it goes, I really don't want to do the roleplay either. I mean wtf@roleplay. GAY.
Just have to go to as many tutorials as possible, participate where necessary and write up a roleplay and present it in class. Not too hard! (It is more interesting than reading the BLEthics textbook lol.)

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

Congrats Huratio! No surprise that you got chosen, hehe.

efhat

HSC

hey do u guys know if you can download lecture notes off the net? business faculty?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

i can download lecture notes from mine, but theyre from last year of course...however i doubt the syllabus has changed much.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

jase_ said:
Congrats Huratio! No surprise that you got chosen, hehe.
Thanks jase!

efhat said:
hey do u guys know if you can download lecture notes off the net? business faculty?
Depends on the subject. The lecture notes could be: handed out in lectures, posted up on UTSonline, or prepurchased at the union shop. You'll find out more on this in your first week of uni when subject outlines are out.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC

haha I can't wait for tomorrow. I also got a waiver removed for FBF, and now I don't have to deal with science. Can't wait.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

I'm starting tomorrow.. Routing and Internetworks and then Applied Company Law.

I should get the timetable and buy/sell threads up.

Malfoy said:
]

I'm going to have to apply for alternate assessment for 25% of Business Law and Ethics though, because participation marks and a group roleplay just aren't going to happen with me. Fuck. :/

EDIT: 15%. Still, :(
How come?

krayzie_

HSC

Blaws and ethics was boring, nearly fell asleep. The lecturer spent more time questioning students, didn't manage his time effectively and ended up rushing skipping parts of the lecture. :D great start, definately not looking forward to roleplaying =.= do we have to act out the roles or just read it.

Student centres = GG, went to three centres, lines = 10 - 20m long.

Hey Hur, do you still have tutorial question answers saved?

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Blaws and ethics was boring, nearly fell asleep. The lecturer spent more time questioning students, didn't manage his time effectively and ended up rushing skipping parts of the lecture. :D great start, definately not looking forward to roleplaying =.= do we have to act out the roles or just read it.
BLEthics doesn't get any more exciting :p A lot of reading to do which is really boring. The lectures are kind of a waste of time, however there might be a few things said which aren't anywhere else (and then appear in the mid-sem/final exams!) which is annoying (actually, might depend on your lecturer). Thankfully it won't be worth many marks (1-2 at most usually). But yes, I didn't go to some of them I think because they were just..bleh.

The role play, ideally, should be acted out and not just sat and read. Well not acted out, but you should interact with your team members to get more/all the marks.

---

Tax Law is zzz. Group activity too and I know no one doing Tax Law at my time *sigh* *prays for people who can competently and coherently string together a sentence and actually do their work*

krayzie_

HSC

ragnarok said:
BLEthics doesn't get any more exciting :p A lot of reading to do which is really boring. The lectures are kind of a waste of time, however there might be a few things said which aren't anywhere else (and then appear in the mid-sem/final exams!) which is annoying (actually, might depend on your lecturer). Thankfully it won't be worth many marks (1-2 at most usually). But yes, I didn't go to some of them I think because they were just..bleh.

The role play, ideally, should be acted out and not just sat and read. Well not acted out, but you should interact with your team members to get more/all the marks.

---

Tax Law is zzz. Group activity too and I know no one doing Tax Law at my time *sigh* *prays for people who can competently and coherently string together a sentence and actually do their work*
Haha, oh i see, yea the lecturer usb didn't work so he was just reading his own notes, kinda sucked. Who was your lecturer at the time? Was it D Meltz?

Yeah I get what your saying.. Just the whole presentation thing turns me off, I'd rather waste time learning something instead of a play. You know when you go to your first tutorial, do they randomly assign you to the roleplaying group? or do you just get into your own groups? Do you have any past mid semesters or finals for this subject on comp?

/edit what kind of group activity is tax law? roleplaying too? haha, don't tell me every single law subject has a role playing activity in it. LOL@that

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)