General UTS chit-chat (1 Viewer)

krayzie_

HSC
Re: The UTS 'Secks and Welcoming 2008 students!' Thread

Phyuk_Yiu said:
Eh im having similar troubles, except my study plan wont expand at all. Might have to enrol at uni if they dont fix it.:confused:
Haha I haven't started yet, they replaced subjects which I completed in 2007 with subjects I haven't even done yet. So I was like sweet don't need to do it but when I try to enroll into Pharmacology 1 I'm blocked because I haven't done the requisite which is Physiological Systems and guess what Physiological Systems is not even on my study plan.

What a mess.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Haha I haven't started yet, they replaced subjects which I completed in 2007 with subjects I haven't even done yet. So I was like sweet don't need to do it but when I try to enroll into Pharmacology 1 I'm blocked because I haven't done the requisite which is Physiological Systems and guess what Physiological Systems is not even on my study plan.

What a mess.
Yeah it does become a mess when your changing courses and also having to deal with course version changes =\

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Going to Indonesia on holidays between the 30th January and the 16th February.

Will have limited/no access to the internet or BOS.

Please PM jemsta or Musk if you have any mod questions/requests during those dates.

Last edited:

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC

This might sound stupid but I went to enrol at KrG and didn't have "suitable" documentation for the 100 point ID check so they said I had to go to the city campus and prove it over there.

Just wondering if they are even open, like, anytime in Feb or are they not open until semester 1 starts?...

BlytheChloe

HSC

shanti96 said:
This might sound stupid but I went to enrol at KrG and didn't have "suitable" documentation for the 100 point ID check so they said I had to go to the city campus and prove it over there.

Just wondering if they are even open, like, anytime in Feb or are they not open until semester 1 starts?...
What were you missing? Or what did you bring? Just so I know for my enrolment...

Passport and license is enough right?

Last edited:

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC

^ Yep thats enough :)

Apparently they thought my birth certificate wasn't original [which i must stress that it was...idiots] so I have to bring in my PP nxt time.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

You can PM me for mod questions/requests as well obviously, though I might take longer to reply, but I'll try my best while Huratio is away.

krayzie_

HSC

I hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee UTS, takes so long to do an e-request.

Submitted on the 22nd Jan, they are on their 9th working day now, bloody sucks I doubt they will do it within their 5 - 10 processing time either!

skynet89

HSC

I went to enrol today, building 10 looks great! also people who look after themselves(a subtle way of saying there's some pretty sweet hotties)

they even give you a free usb :| i feel smart now

krayzie_

HSC

Musk said:
y r u doing an e-request
So I transfered into double degree adding business right? They are missing from my study plan two subjects; Physiological Systems and General Microbiology. These subjects are requisites for my year three subjects eg, Pharmacology 1 and subsequently Pharmacology 2.

I email the course coordinator she tells me to go to SAU service desk, I go to the service desk they tell me to fuck off back to the course coordinator, I go back to the course coordinator and now she tells me to do an e-request. So I do an e-request its been nearly two weeks and nothing has been processed.

Frustrated, very frustrated. They are giving me the f**k around. I go one place they turn me to another place, I go there they tell me to go back.. very gay very gay, I would express my feelings more but out of fear of them being able to identify me quite easily I won't.

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Frustrated, very frustrated. They are giving me the f**k around. I go one place they turn me to another place, I go there they tell me to go back.. very gay very gay, I would express my feelings more but out of fear of them being able to identify me quite easily I won't.
I feel your pain. I submitted one on the 16th of Ja I think and I still haven't heard anything. A friend submitted his like a week before that and he hasn't heard anything either. He's asked SAU etc. too but to no avail. I NEED A REPLY YOU IDOITS >_> I'm enrolled in 6/8 subjects for my final year atm. Arghh, so frustrating. I also emailed Jim Underwood like a couple weeks back and still no reply from him either. *sigh* Don't know what I'm going to do, or what I have to do.

krayzie_

HSC

Musk said:
r u doing these subjects this yr?
Yeah these subjects have got to be done this year and I'm pretty sure they are only offered in Autumn semester - so if I don't get into them this semester its gonna drag the degree on longer because the other subjects I won't be able to start because of the requisites.

ragnarok said:
I feel your pain. I submitted one on the 16th of Ja I think and I still haven't heard anything. A friend submitted his like a week before that and he hasn't heard anything either. He's asked SAU etc. too but to no avail. I NEED A REPLY YOU IDOITS >_> I'm enrolled in 6/8 subjects for my final year atm. Arghh, so frustrating. I also emailed Jim Underwood like a couple weeks back and still no reply from him either. *sigh* Don't know what I'm going to do, or what I have to do.
Hey yeah its pathetic, I suggest emailing the VC directly if nobody is any help. I've done it before and gotten a helpful reply too.. =D I've checked the complaint handling procedures of UTS and they sucks.

krayzie_

HSC

ragnarok said:
Hey whats wrong with your subs etc anyway? And yeah it sucks when the SC's don't bother to reply either, they don't care because it ain't there education that is gonna get stuffed up!

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Hey whats wrong with your subs etc anyway? And yeah it sucks when the SC's don't bother to reply either, they don't care because it ain't there education that is gonna get stuffed up!
One subject in my sub-major was replaced by another one (they've totally destroyed like this sub-major, removing or changing a bunch of electives for it -.-) but I can't choose it from MSA/it doesn't appear on my study plan. Obviously, I had to submit an e-request.

The other one is full and I've been checking like everyday or every second day and no one withdraws :( I know several other people trying to get into it too. I emailed asking Jim if I could get permission to get in it or what I'd have to do to try to get in it >_> REPLY PLZ.

krayzie_

HSC

ragnarok said:
One subject in my sub-major was replaced by another one (they've totally destroyed like this sub-major, removing or changing a bunch of electives for it -.-) but I can't choose it from MSA/it doesn't appear on my study plan. Obviously, I had to submit an e-request.

The other one is full and I've been checking like everyday or every second day and no one withdraws :( I know several other people trying to get into it too. I emailed asking Jim if I could get permission to get in it or what I'd have to do to try to get in it >_> REPLY PLZ.
I see, ouch, like me I need those two subjects too but not on my study plan and thus cant enroll into it from MSA. Its BS, no fault of our own and now when we need help the most - they don't bother. I get a response from SC; "go to the SAU".

/edit After a complaint to the SAU, my e-request has changed to being processed now. Guess thats an improvement lol

Last edited:

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

Just to let you know, krayzie_, my erequest was approved today. Finally! It might take a little while longer for yours, but I guess there's comfort in knowing they're actually going through them.

Now just for that other subject..-_-

krayzie_

HSC

Ah mine got completed today too! Haha, but when I try to enroll it gives me the reason code R03 and tells me to do yet ANOTHER erequest... hahah very gay?! i guess?

Hey could anyone answer this too, do you need to finish your core subjects for business before starting your major?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Anyways, back from my holiday.
I'll clean up all the threads tomorrow. I'm too tired today =/

ragnarok said:
Jim doesn't reply to emails =D Ring him directly and he'll answer you. Or.. alternatively in person.

krayzie_ said:
Ah mine got completed today too! Haha, but when I try to enroll it gives me the reason code R03 and tells me to do yet ANOTHER erequest... hahah very gay?! i guess?

Hey could anyone answer this too, do you need to finish your core subjects for business before starting your major?
Could it be a prereq requirement?

krayzie_

HSC

Huratio said:
Anyways, back from my holiday.
I'll clean up all the threads tomorrow. I'm too tired today =/

Jim doesn't reply to emails =D Ring him directly and he'll answer you. Or.. alternatively in person.

Could it be a prereq requirement?
Hey welcome back.

Nah it was some random error, after re logging back in a day or two later I could enroll :confused:

Hey I'm doing this subject Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions in spring, there are two lectures right? From the top of my head one starts at 11ish and the other starts at 5,6 ish. The 11.00am lecture is for everyone and the latter is for PT students BUT the 11.00am one is full. They said this condition will be removed on the 21st Feb but does it matter which lecture I select and which one I actually go too? My only choice is to pick the late one, but is there any difference? I can still rock up to the 11ish one yeah? Know anything about it.. haha

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

Welcome back Huratio ^_^

krayzie_ said:
Hey I'm doing this subject Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions in spring, there are two lectures right? From the top of my head one starts at 11ish and the other starts at 5,6 ish. The 11.00am lecture is for everyone and the latter is for PT students BUT the 11.00am one is full. They said this condition will be removed on the 21st Feb but does it matter which lecture I select and which one I actually go too? My only choice is to pick the late one, but is there any difference? I can still rock up to the 11ish one yeah? Know anything about it.. haha
Usually it's at 6pm. Just pick the 6pm one; it's not like they check which one you're enrolled in during the lecture. The only annoying thing is, as you said, the 6pm sessions should be left for PT students (sometimes they get fill and the people who work don't have anything to get in to). From my experience, the lecture has become full before and the lecturer has kicked the late-comers out because there isn't any room. But yeah, I'd just enrol in whatever and go to whatever :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)