general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
lol you posted that shit in NS and no one knew what was happening.
are you able make them achieve unbounded resonance?
like actually measure the precise natural oscillation of the system then apply the same oscillatory period and then mayhem?
Ahhhhhhhh.

If we get more time with it, I will try to introduce some resonance.

Would be pretty cool

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
need to exploit zeroth law of thermodynamics to make my hands in thermal equilibrium with my torso >.< :cold:

(at least i know someone here will understand this, as opposed to NS n00bs)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
too many engineeringish bosers
Hahahaha...

This thread has turned into an engineering/comp sci lovefest?

But then again, that's a given considering this is a university internet forum where the only people most likely to post heaps are eng/comp sci people whereby the use of a computer naturally coincides with their degree....

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Today we had legt2741 exam.
And then I stole the exam paper haha.

Leaked papers FTW

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
There are tons of commerce students on here but due to lack of contact hours we need to actually spend our time outside of class studying rather than programming, drinking beer and watching battlestar galactica.

Leaked papers FTW
Careful what you post man, you'd be amazed how many people see the shit we post on here.

edit: oh wait, you mean after the exam. Meh.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
man, where is a cool place to go read my goddamn linguistics textbook other than the law building...

need to exploit zeroth law of thermodynamics to make my hands in thermal equilibrium with my torso >.< :cold:

(at least i know someone here will understand this, as opposed to NS n00bs)
HERE is another way to rmember teh Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics.
If the first man is fucking the woman and the second man is fucking the woman then the first man is fucking the second man.
Understandably, Omium refused to add that to his sig.
lol.

But really it is:
If object A is in thermal equilibrium with object B and object C is in thermal equilibrium with object B then object A is in thermal equilibrium with object C.
It was taught in PHYS1121 while ol' Michael Burton taught like Elmer Fudd.

Leaked papers FTW
well ... umm .... thats pretty cool compared to our lecturer who releases the test and solutions online about 10 minutes after the test.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I overheard a guy talking to another guy at uni today:

"Before I even started eating my mum says to me 'wash your hands'. She's worried that i might have Swine Flu and i'm fucking going to Mexico next week!"

- in a lol kinda attitude.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
oy dont ditch UNSW,
this will be the only uni where there is a "MAN" in the course code, whoops, only for mechanical/manufacturing subjects.
join my lab and tute classes for electrical and telecom engineering and and fluid mechanics next session and it will all be just a load of piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss and chuck norris posting on subject boards where lecturers dont even bother going on.

EDIT:

like seeing this often.

Last edited:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
It's a lot colder at uni than it was down at Maroubra this morning.

Better get beer blanket on.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Is that the asian IT guy who sees all?
Yea he freaks out when he sees food or drinks in the cse labs. Almost fined my friend for leaving his water bottle on a table in Piano lab

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
woo I have a lab tomorrow and I'm 2 weeks worth of study behind. Taking a break from cramfest atm....

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
cramming for thermo is kinda like... insane.

but i did this massive question with a tutor on monday, as in he guided me, told me how to do stuff, what this and that means, and i got the values, plugged in numbers, and got the right answer. i was so happy, i hope i can do it again with another question :eek:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Hmm dreaming of the HSC days where memorising formulas were king. These days you barely pass by using that method. The way in mathematics here is to actually understand the mechanics of what is going on.

You should try proofs in discrete math. I tried proving log10 base 5 was irrational. Usually by using definition that a rational number is 2 integers dividing each other I could usually suss out a reason why the log was irrational (both sides of the equation will always be odd/even). But this time my method seems to fall short of proving irrationality that way. Back to the drawing board

Sometimes I wish logs where things you found in the toilet and that was about it...

LordPc

HSC
Hmm dreaming of the HSC days where memorising formulas were king. These days you barely pass by using that method. The way in mathematics here is to actually understand the mechanics of what is going on.

You should try proofs in discrete math. I tried proving log10 base 5 was irrational. Usually by using definition that a rational number is 2 integers dividing each other I could usually suss out a reason why the log was irrational (both sides of the equation will always be odd/even). But this time my method seems to fall short of proving irrationality that way. Back to the drawing board

Sometimes I wish logs where things you found in the toilet and that was about it...
I dont get why it wouldnt work. wont 5^x be odd while 10^y, (for x,y integers) be even, hence contradiction? hence irrational?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Prove: log10(5) == irrational

(Semi) Proof:
log10(5) = q/r (where q,r are integers)
10^q/r = 5
10^q = 5^r

10 != 5
100 != 25
(even)1000 != 125(odd)

ah snap (facepalm). I must be getting mental blocks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)