• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Fucking people sitting down. Couldn't you sit somewhere else so I can write on the table?

HSC
just on the camden valley way/narellan road thing, i still think the quickest way (if you're coming from camden) is to take narellan road through to campbelltown station. making a rail line out to that area wouldn't be such a bad idea either, i know that'd suit me just fine. but since they've put the traffic lights in at narellan road, it's been far quicker than those bloody roundabouts; just to avoid them i sometimes drove through currans hill to pop out of the right end of the roundabout and jump the queue a bit.

and yeah, library is getting cramped coming up to exams. do we actually have access past level 9 of the library to study?

and forgive me if this has already been covered, but several of my exams are located at "Squarehouse Grd Flr Kensington"...any idea on how to get there come exam time? thanks.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Hey what the hell does everyone look like? Because I wan't to punch you in the face next time I see one of you. If you don't wan't to post it up on here, send me PM and we can be gay buddies and have awsome gay sex.

Speaking of gay sex, I was sorely (haha) dissapointed in the lack of gay ads on the back doors of toilets in level 5 of the library. I wish we had more desperate gay people in uni so I have some light reading when I take a dump.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Of course you have access to it if you wish, everyone pays for university, everyone is entitled to go into any area. I'd glady accept law students into the Wallace Wurth/Bioscience buildings...I...hmmm, maybe not. Just stick your nose up in the air and get a law textbook and you'll be fine.

KOB: Where do you actually live?

Curry: Here you go.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Of course you have access to it if you wish, everyone pays for university, everyone is entitled to go into any area.
Not true. There is a very logical reason for this. The law library is not just an empty room. It contains books and materials strictly relevant to our subjects. We cannot go to other places to access them. That is why the place is reserved for us to work in. With respect, you have your own areas, you don't need to take up our space.

Notice how some areas (such as particular computer labs) have swipe cards so that only people in certain faculties can access them? Same principle.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Then why do law students clog up my god damn level 7? By your logic, they should all be booted upstairs.

HSC
you know from the commerce courtyard the library looks like 3-4 levels, i was freaking out by level 7 thinking i may of been in another dimension

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I think we can all agree that the uni needs more hippies, Asian or non Asian. That mural on the side of CLB is good enough, and the wall along the University Mall is all well and good but god damnit, we need more hippies!

Either that, or the university can become a faceless, one dimensional charismatic black hole like UWS.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Japanese businessman: "Ah, you all have very big penis. We Japanese have such small penis"

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I think we can all agree that the uni needs more hippies, Asian or non Asian. That mural on the side of CLB is good enough, and the wall along the University Mall is all well and good but god damnit, we need more hippies!

Either that, or the university can become a faceless, one dimensional charismatic black hole like UWS.
hey at least uws have enough fully sick bros with turbo charged wrx's that go from brighton-le-sands to bankstown in five minutes to keep everyone smiling. unsw is just a procession of rice cars to make up for a lack of male endowment.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I too have noticed that Asian people tend to do all of those things, but I have a fairly accurate and truthful perception that it seems like it's only Asian people who do it, because they seem to make up the bulk of the population in the university.

Alas, I've held my breath over the past term, but I don't think I'll be able to take much more chatter during lectures. I shall adopt a more aggresive approach next term.

Oh, and kudos to the law building thread for notifying me of this wonderful event come the 31st of August.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i think ettiquette and manners got left out in the asian genetic make-up amongst all that freaky maths ability and money making skill.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Oh, and kudos to the law building thread for notifying me of this wonderful event come the 31st of August.
1. they'll probably have strict security.

2. it's probably not an open-invitation event, as your banner suggests. otherwise i'll raise at the next faculty meeting to make it a law-only event, just to piss you off. organise some bouncers at the door to check student cards. pop some bubbly with ol' John to celebrate a zone free of know-it-all first-year law-haters like yourself.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Yeah, I think there are too many asains. There are a lot of normal ones but then there are those that are fucking annoying. I'm glad I'm not in first year any more, it means I don't have to put up with people talking, because by second year, you realise that you don't go to lecture if you see it as worthless. Also, there are relatively few asains in the second year courses I do.

Neb, do you do law? Why do you hate law students so much? I actually have never met anyone at Uni doing a pure law degree, but it's mainly because I don't hang around such groups of people.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I would've gotten stricter regulations on fob entry had I been elected

Hell, I'm Asian and Asian fobs piss me off

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
1. No.
2. They're egotistical, and their views on their own faculty annoy me.
3. Nor have I.
4. Good.

1. they'll probably have strict security.

2. it's probably not an open-invitation event, as your banner suggests. otherwise i'll raise at the next faculty meeting to make it a law-only event, just to piss you off. organise some bouncers at the door to check student cards. pop some bubbly with ol' John to celebrate a zone free of know-it-all first-year law-haters like yourself.
I would expect tight security at anywhere that ol Johnny appears, especially at somewhere as politically wild as a university. Still, it hasn't stopped people from heckling and throwing garbage before.

You liar, you have no such ability. Stop being a liar you big jerky lying liar. I look foward to your law bouncers, so myself and fellow non-law students can simply tread on them and be on our way into this new building.

I shall remove this thing from my signiture until a later date, as your threat actually has me kinda scared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)